You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 285>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:26am
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

Supple was great. Really, really top performance from him. Made some great saves and made himself big when it really mattered. Top keeper.

Was that Watts' last match?

One of those matches where the keeper wins you the match. 

Defo open to offers. think We are resigned to lose him
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 8:55pm
Watts going to Dundalk.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2018 at 9:17pm
move off according to Niall o riordan on Twitter,bound for the scum I’m hearing. Hope not, but he’ll be taking a big drop in wages to go there.we were paying a very small part of his take home, massive wedge he was on.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 6:58am
great point against Waterford last night, bit of a giveaway goal but all round solid show, next few games are huge for us
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 2:04pm
Ye were a bit unlucky not to take the win Billy, probably should have had another goal in the first half when ye were generally on top, though Blues were probably the better team (not by much) in the 2nd half. Decent Bohs crowd down too considering the good weather and the clash with the WC QF. Did get a laugh out of the Bohs fan at the front of the stand making the VAR sign at the linesman when Corcoran was bundled over in the box. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 2:45pm
good game too deise,nice to see a proper football spot like Waterford buzzing on Friday nights again!
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2018 at 3:01pm
My first time down there last night. Can't complain really with the setup. The American lad on security gave me an airport style searching on the way in which was a bit much but apart from that all was good and  definitely will return.

Good Bohs crowd down considering the clashes with the WC and good atmosphere
Los Aros View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Los Aros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:20pm
Bohs are lucky that Bray and Limerick have fallen apart.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:36pm
mental so far, Bohs caught with a corner needlessly conceded, got back into it well on top then concede a daft og from a chaotic Sligo set piece. Pender then gets a straight red which is yellow all day and they score again with a soft toepoke. Devaney then goes round the keeper and some Sligo lad pulls off an insane clearance .mad oul night, greatestleagueintheworld!
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 9:38pm
I thought it was Bray going on strike not BohsLOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2018 at 10:37pm
f**k off, bad enough having to watch  that sh*te
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2018 at 4:37pm
Very bad night at the office but I'm not sure what the boos are gonna solve. The players lacked ability, not effort. We tried and even controlled a lot of the game but I have never seen a team gifted three goals like that. Three awful soft goals.

I do think our pitch does us absolutely no favours. It's a disgrace. it's hard, bobbly, patchy, long grass etc. Everything is wrong with it. We went down to the RSC and played some lovely stuff on a pristine surface. Even out in Tallaght we played great stuff in the 2-1 win. The Limerick pitch too etc I could go on. I know it's not in our ownership any more but the pitch needs to suit our play and it doesn't.

What's the timeframe for Dalyer at the minute?
This year and next year in Dalymount, then 2 in Tolka and then move in to Dalyer for 2022? Jesus that can't come soon enough because we're getting left behind.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 11:17am
We were f**king desperate on Friday night, Casey and Cornwall can’t play together, they’re too similar and there’s always a mistake in both of em. A mature, solid centre half needs to be brought in to play alongside one of them. 

Agree about the pitch, it’s turning into an embarrassment. 

The whole part time/full time issue needs to be looked into again because sadly we’re being left behind in Football terms. The other aspects of the club are thriving but if we’re aiming to avoid relegation every season the crowds & buzz around the club will fall away 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 3:57pm
what f**kin planet have you been living on the past 5 years???WE HAVE NO MONEY. Bring in players? f**k off, it’s part time and kids and has been a for the foreseeable, that or go out of business. Take your pick.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

what f**kin planet have you been living on the past 5 years???WE HAVE NO MONEY. Bring in players? f**k off, it’s part time and kids and has been a for the foreseeable, that or go out of business. Take your pick.

The club made a profit last season. We paid a fee to bring Buckley back in the off season. The club is being run very well, I would say better than most. I have no problem with kids or the emphasis on youth but we’re only avoiding relegation thanks to 2 basket case clubs, whoever comes up will offer far more & then we’ll be in the sh*t. Worst case scenario staring at first division in Tolka Park. 
Full time football has to be looked at, maybe not this year or next but with the club being run well it should hopefully be a natural step. 

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 4:59pm
will not happen until we are in the new ground and IF our income( memberships and gates and sponsors) allow it.i feel we will be relegated in the next few years, but there will only be six clubs almost permanent members of the “top ten”.cork and Derry, then the sugar daddy 4, shams Waterford Dundalk andpats. The rest if they are fan owned part timers living within their means will be yo yo clubs, no euro money and small income.
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2018 at 10:39am

will not happen until we are in the new ground and IF our income( memberships and gates and sponsors) allow it.i feel we will be relegated in the next few years, but there will only be six clubs almost permanent members of the “top ten”.cork and Derry, then the sugar daddy 4, shams Waterford Dundalk andpats. The rest if they are fan owned part timers living within their means will be yo yo clubs, no euro money and small income.

Derry have a sugar daddy too. Bohs one of the few sustainable clubs in this league and I hope they don't get impatient chasing success at the cost of long term financial security. 
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2018 at 10:02am

Derry have a so called sugar daddy too only he is a sensible one. Derry have been operating at a loss that he covers on a yearly basis. It is just he makes sure it never gets out of control.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 285>
  Share Topic