You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bohemian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 285>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 12:46am
was in the South Stand tonight in the West corner. Not an ideal angle to to see clearly, but the West looked fairly full. Few obviously couldn't see the rest of the south but there was a few seat in front of us free. Good few hundred in the East stand also. Bohs brought a decent crowd too down the other end of the East. All that being said, I’ll never really understand LOI club fans taking pops at rivals over attendances.

On the game itself, good ball in and well taken header for the goal. Overall though, Bohs clearly created the better chances and should be kicking themselves for not grabbing a point at the very least. That said, if you don't take your chances you don't really deserve anything.

As Horse mentioned in the thread, Jack Byrne was pretty anonymous tonight, but having watched him live a few times now, I wouldn’t criticise too much, we all have an off game as my Tuesday 5aside lads will testify to.
Sponsored Links

oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:07am
Good post sham, just for the record I absolutely wasn’t having a pop at rovers about attendance, I also find loi fans doing that a rather stupid exercise. We brought only 100 more, they sent 1200 we sold em but the east had a lot, the old away end had maybe 200 empty seats and the south had a lot empty at the sides top to bottom. 7k no chance. Also agree we should have got at least a point but shoulda never won f**k all they had a chance and that yoke burke did well, cest la vie. Always enjoy our visits to talla, great set up and I wish the guards and security at dalymount were as clued in. All in all a satisfactory derby day for us, no result but we put them down second half good enough for now. Knock them outa the cup next that’ll do!!
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:14am
As far as I can remember, the carpark end of the East stand was not open to the home support last time Bohs visited.  

Also, empty seats mean very little.  There were lots of empty seats dotted around the South Stand but there were hundreds of people standing in the aisles.   
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 1:36am
Yeah rovers were definitely in the east last time, but you’d be as bettter judge of a crowd there than me!
By the way thanks for the parking tips from hoops fans, that 2€ all night in level3 is great, plus the tip on pre pay in the centre great stuff thanksClap
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 2:01am
The best you played against us all season, yet lost. We won it tactically, stopping shots from a central position. Now it's Judy Street singing What....KTF
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 3:05am
a game of two halves , which the wind dictated

Take your credit , rovers dug in in the 2bd half. 

Without a doubt bohs 2nd half was better than rivers first half

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2019 at 12:28pm
I thought Derry passed us out last night, table still looks ok in our favour for Europe. Pat's have been the most unreliable and have the nastiest run-in by far of the 3 of us, wouldn't back them for top 4 at this point.

Derry and pats away are huge games for us. Get something out of those and we are well on our way  
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 3:18pm
Beaten 2-3 in the uwafer cup tie v airdrie today, allardyce and lws with ours.
Meanwhile sad news yet again bohsman Con Woodley passed away at the ridiculously young age of 28, awful news.RIP
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 5:53pm
What happened?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 6:01pm
No idea, tragic though
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 9:12pm
Bad loss last night, we’ve played worse and won this season! Did well to come back and dominate after falling behind to a daft og, work an excellent equalizer , then get suckered by a wonderful Waterford goal game over we thought but at the death mr 400 club rovers **** Doyle ( how is this wofuss bastard given bohs games??)doesn’t see lynch pull off the save of the night , f**kin hellLOL
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:40pm
tough result to take. Europe is back out of our hands. 

Every game a must win now, which is nerve wracking but I suppose it's where we want to be

She wore!!!
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 7:16pm
Who's Derry's game in hand against?
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Who's Derry's game in hand against?
Cork at home.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 8:43am
Tickets for the semi v rovers go on sale to members and season tickets on sat morning till 1pm. Then junior gypsies till 3, supposed to be general sale then from 3pm but won’t be any left I’d say. Garda are setting the rovers amount for the shed I would say 1000 tops, Pitt were not in tallaght really we’d even get more bohs fans in! Be a much bigger earner too after the FAI 20%, wonder how many tickets they’ll take for their corporates?
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 7:09pm
Is there any hope at all of the Connaught St stand being opened?
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:32am
No. It’s been deemed unsafe, if it was possible the amount of work needed would cost at least six figures and that would be temporary. Of course we should be sitting in the brand new dcc stadium now but this is Ireland so multiply the price by 10 and the timescale by 20.

Edited by oldbilly - 19 Sep 2019 at 10:33am
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 11:38am
Any word of what Rovers objections are at the moment?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 118119120121122 285>
  Share Topic