You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Boardwalk Empire - Series 3 , starts Sept 16th US
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Boardwalk Empire - Series 3 , starts Sept 16th US

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2012 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by captkeen captkeen wrote:

Great series, love it, Irish accent is a bit poor, but u cant have it all,

Who's Irish accents?  Mrs. Shroeder's is fairly bad/annoying but other than that I think Owen is the only other Irish chracter.

I keep trying to ignore how woeful it is but cant

Very annoying Angry

Its like she is trying too hard to get it perfect which just seems to make it worse

Edited by Vivakenbarlow - 11 Oct 2012 at 1:06pm
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:06pm
Bump.

Tried getting into boardwalk empire before.watched first few episodes and found it very slow moving.probably should give it another.is it as good as its made out to be?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:10pm
Series one is outstanding, series 2 decent,  3, a bit meh. Haven't started the new one 
@AntrimMan85
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Bump.

Tried getting into boardwalk empire before.watched first few episodes and found it very slow moving.probably should give it another.is it as good as its made out to be?

Its slow paced alright so not everyone's cup of tea but lots of different stories running through it.It kind of makes the shock moments a bit more shocking when the do happen if ya know what i mean.Great atmosphere and attention to detail in the way its filmed as well.Very clever show imo,I love it.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2013 at 10:22pm
Will give it a shot so.cheers lads
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 9:57am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Series one is outstanding, series 2 decent,  3, a bit meh. Haven't started the new one 

Have to say that I found series 3 very good, your man Rossetti was some twisted individual! LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Have to say that I found series 3 very good, your man Rossetti was some twisted individual! LOL

Yeah, he was the highlight of it definitely. Dunno, the whole pace of the show seems to have slowed and slowed as it goes on. Now, I did find that with breaking bad as well, series 3 seemed to lull a bit for me. Have the first 3 episodes of series 4 downloaded so will try get back into it.
@AntrimMan85
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2013 at 10:50am

Yeah, he was the highlight of it definitely. Dunno, the whole pace of the show seems to have slowed and slowed as it goes on. Now, I did find that with breaking bad as well, series 3 seemed to lull a bit for me. Have the first 3 episodes of series 4 downloaded so will try get back into it.
[/QUOTE]

Didnt know it was back on, it can be a bit of a slow burner at times but there's always a big shock at the end which makes the wait worth it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 12:47am
I watched the first ten episodes over the last two days absolutely glued to it and it was brilliant to watch but for some reason the plotting went haywire.I didn't think much of Kelly McDonald's Irish accent which is forgivable to be fair.The Van Alden agent must be one of the most ridiculous fictional characters ever created as a federal agent.I can understand him being religious but i find it beyond the realms of being  believable that a government agent would  firstly visit a suspect and confess to her he was there to save her soul rather than legally prosecute, but also drowning one of his colleagues in front of a crowd and get away with it. It's a pity because it's ruined a lot of it for me 

I'll still watch it though Cool
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 1:10am
haven't watched it mysef but the oul lad thinks its great stuff altogether
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 5:01pm

I watched the first ten episodes over the last two days absolutely glued to it and it was brilliant to watch but for some reason the plotting went haywire.I didn't think much of Kelly McDonald's Irish accent which is forgivable to be fair.The Van Alden agent must be one of the most ridiculous fictional characters ever created as a federal agent.I can understand him being religious but i find it beyond the realms of being  believable that a government agent would  firstly visit a suspect and confess to her he was there to save her soul rather than legally prosecute, but also drowning one of his colleagues in front of a crowd and get away with it. It's a pity because it's ruined a lot of it for me 

Think Van Alden is a great character, totally believable, so repressed he looks like a ticking time bomb.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 6:59pm
when does series 4 start?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

About 5 episodes have been shown so far and I think it'st back on sky the last week of October.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

Think Van Alden is a great character, totally believable, so repressed he looks like a ticking time bomb.

I know he's repressed but I don't think any Federal agent would be that unprofessional no matter how strong his religious beliefs.I think they've exaggerated him.Also it's very coincidental the Federal agent who's in Nucky's pocket happened to working on that case with him.It just seems like a twist thrown in for the sake of it with no explanation or logic behind it.These are only minor quibbles I have.Id still give the first series 8.5/10. The english lad Stephen Graham doing Al Capone is excellent but Id watch him in anything.He actually done a good Irish accent in Gangs Of New York too 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:20pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

About 5 episodes have been shown so far and I think it'st back on sky the last week of October.

ffs
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2013 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

haven't watched it mysef but the oul lad thinks its great stuff altogether

Don't watch it with him because there's a rake of tits and muff in it
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:09am

Originally posted by Mulvanystrasse Mulvanystrasse wrote:

I know he's repressed but I don't think any Federal agent would be that unprofessional no matter how strong his religious beliefs.I think they've exaggerated him.Also it's very coincidental the Federal agent who's in Nucky's pocket happened to working on that case with him.It just seems like a twist thrown in for the sake of it with no explanation or logic behind it.These are only minor quibbles I have.Id still give the first series 8.5/10. The english lad Stephen Graham doing Al Capone is excellent but Id watch him in anything.He actually done a good Irish accent in Gangs Of New York too 

May be more believable if you live and work here, met plenty of people like him over the years, the type who might bring a gun to work some day and go wild.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2013 at 12:20am
But a Federal agent?! You know how difficult it is to join them through education and law enforcement experience.I just don't think anyone would be that reckless or a loose cannon doing a job like thatIt's not beyond the realms of possibility I suppose, I just thought it took away from the realism of it.

Anyway I don't think we'll agree on it.I must look up what reviewers thought of his character if they criticized it or praised it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic