Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BLOB GONE?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

eircom are up sh*ts creek, massive debt and look like they wont be able to honour their bonds.....

very little sympathy after the way the handled their IPO , ripped the country off , never hear anyone praising any of their products, poor outfit when all is said and done..
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:24pm

3 looks ridiculous on the jerseys. Eircom come back all is forgiven.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

eircom are up sh*ts creek, massive debt and look like they wont be able to honour their bonds.....

very little sympathy after the way the handled their IPO , ripped the country off , never hear anyone praising any of their products, poor outfit when all is said and done..

ah hear but they did sponsor a great football teamWink

all else you say is true
I know nothing :-)
PaddyBourke2 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBourke2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

3 looks ridiculous on the jerseys. Eircom come back all is forgiven.

dont really xare what it looks like. as long as the fai get more money and invest it back into the game.
GreenGiant82 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenGiant82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 1:55pm
It doesn't matter what name the sponsor has or what it looks like on the jersey. Fact is it'll mean another five years minimum with us having to put up with not being able to buy an actual replica jersey.

And I know the money is needed and great but ffs does the sponsor name/ logo have to go on the jersey, anything else fair enough. There's no way it'll change now though because if the fai are getting more money the sponsor is gonna want the same deal as eircom as a minimum requirement.

I just hate the way we are the only country that can't get a replica jersey.

Thank God for Johnny Cee & Ringo!

Edited by GreenGiant - 17 Jul 2010 at 2:01pm
Twitter @ciaranreid1907
Belfast Green View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belfast Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

lads correct me if im way off the mark on this one,but would i be right in saying that the main objection to the "blob" was that the replica shirt was NOT the same as the players shirt.any new sponsor is going to demand the same deal eircom got ie name on shirt.it will just be a new blob in a different style?
 for what its worth i think that the white eircom on the new home shirt is the nicest one there has been in years.also if the 3 logo is white on the front along with the white players no 3 then that will just look mad!!

Like this Eddie

So that would make us team 33, despite not getting the extra world cup place Smile

Edited by Belfast Green - 17 Jul 2010 at 2:38pm
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2010 at 3:15pm
Good riddance to eircon and their poxy blob crap products too if the truth be known. I don't care who the next sponsor is cos I won't be wearing any ireland jersey with a sponsor anyway!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 4:42am
How about putting the 3 on the back of the shirt LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2010 at 2:13pm
Bring back Opel!
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:24am
That 3 looks terrible. Looks like I'll be sticking with my retro tops from Toffs.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2010 at 5:43am
All national sides are sponsored. We just seem to allow (get paid more) to have replica shirts with the sponsors on them. How about the FAI try put a deal in place that doesn't put the sponsor on the front of replica shirts like most (if not all) other national sides. I believe nationwide have sponsored the England team for years but never appeared on the replica shirts

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Jul 2010 at 5:44am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic