You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 30>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:40pm
Can you still have your crypto mined ?

I know a lad who had his mined he said that they must have worked in a team of around 4 to make it work 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2020 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Quick question but what are these currencies used for? I know you can use Bitcoin for legit stuff online now (as well as everything else) but what about the others? I see IPO's for them online the odd time but just don't get, is the hope they become more mainstream and accepted for payment by most?
There's probably too many at this stage. It's relatively easy to make a new currency at this stage so a lot of nerds have done so. Most are worthless
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2020 at 10:07am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Some clarity on the bro in law:

- he's single yeah. No woman would let you gamble your life savings

- he has 30 bitcoins. He started buying them in Jan and has bought some after that. Total investment was 50 grand

- can't see him selling. He's adamant it will keep rising. I reckon it's gonna plummet in the near future but sure what do I know

What’s the latest Gaz? 
If this guy sold out near the top in Dec 2017 he did very well....

yeah he sold some and re-invested. He has nearly 11 bitcoins at the moment which is worth almost €180k I think. If he cashed out now he would be making a profit of over €100k purely on bitcoins. He has other crypto currencies as well. Some man

Presume he'd have to pay capital gains on that? Some going all the same 

Remember trying to buy some back in 2013, got frustrated and gave up, what could have been and all that 

Yep he would have to pay 33% on any gain made alright
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
engpad View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engpad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:55pm
Bitcoin went over ¢20k for the first time today. New all time high. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 7:50am
Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Its back down nearer 17k today
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 9:25am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by engpad engpad wrote:

Its back down nearer 17k today
Think you're looking at the € price Sham. $23k now - up 20% in the past 24 hous
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Used the Revolut app to dip the toes into the Crypto world some months back. My inital outlay has just about doubled as of a few mins ago. Clap

What are you going to spend the €2 on?
probably a can  of Guinness. Not decided for certain yet.

LOL

Decided to put a few quid into this too Sham. Went for bitcoin, Etherium, Ripple and Cardano.

think i'll start putting in £50 a month and see how i get on in a year. I think I'll concentrate on Etherium and Cardano.

Made about £20 so far - well actually I've not taken it out. just gonna keep topping it up. Hoping Etherium and Cardano end up hitting £1000 and £1 each in a few years.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 7:15pm
The few i have took a serious nosedive over xmas anyway LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

If you have XRP they're getting sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the states which explains the nosedive for it and possibly in others. I sold mine at a handy enough profit a week before the nosedive
Danger here, OH NO
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

If you have XRP they're getting sued by the Securities and Exchange Commission in the states which explains the nosedive for it and possibly in others. I sold mine at a handy enough profit a week before the nosedive

sued for what?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2020 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

sued for what?
The US Securities and Exchange Commission filed a lawsuit against cryptocurrency platform Ripple, its CEO, and its chairman, for illegally selling unregistered securities worth $1.3 billion, the agency said Tuesday.

The SEC said Ripple illegally marketed XRP (XRPLX), the world's third-largest cryptocurrency, to retail customers.

According to the complaint, Ripple's chairman, co-founder and former CEO Christian Larsen, and the company's current CEO Bradley Garlinghouse, raised capital for the business through the sale of XRP in an unregistered securities offering.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 1:01am
and we're over 30k per coin

still staying in

100k by 2030
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 3:41am
thinking it will crash again soon? And then be back up in a few years? Seems like with the fast growth that investors are going to sell like they did in 2017 at the old peak. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:25am
Originally posted by cildaratown cildaratown wrote:

thinking it will crash again soon? And then be back up in a few years? Seems like with the fast growth that investors are going to sell like they did in 2017 at the old peak. 
So before Christmas I'd have said that this time it's down to institutions like banks and investment houses buying Bitcoin that was driving the price towards $20k, but since they've been closed over Christmas it's jumped to $35k, so I feel the last $10k is speculative and might well drop. I won't be selling mine anyway, would like to add to it if anything.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

still staying in

100k by 2030

It is likely to reach 100k within the next 2 years assuming no US  market crash. Now that PayPal and others have accepted it the demand / speculation will only increase in the next year.

However by 2030 it could be zero or $1M+......  
Bitcoin has no moat. 
If Amazon etc decided to go with Bobcoin then that becomes No1 crypo ccy. 

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

still staying in

100k by 2030

It is likely to reach 100k within the next 2 years assuming no US  market crash. Now that PayPal and others have accepted it the demand / speculation will only increase in the next year.

However by 2030 it could be zero or $1M+......  
Bitcoin has no moat. 
If Amazon etc decided to go with Bobcoin then that becomes No1 crypo ccy. 

35k today lol

Doubtful it even gets back down to 20k imo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2021 at 10:42am
$40k per Bitcoin now.

Up 110% in the past month. This will end at $500k or $5
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

$40k per Bitcoin now.

Up 110% in the past month. This will end at $500k or $5

New high milestones...

Jan  2021: $40,000 (and rising)🚀
Jan  2021: $35,000
Jan  2021: $30,000
Dec 2020: $25,000
Dec 2020: $20,000
Dec  2017: $15,000
Nov  2017: $10,000
Oct   2017:  $5,000