You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Musk has his own agenda with his mischievous comments, which have again caused fluctuations in the cryptocurrency markets. I would be surprised if he is not positioning himself to become a major future player in the industry from a cleaner energy mining perspective.
Yeah he's either
- genuinly just tweeting without thinking about things (doing a disservice to his shareholders)
- trying to crash the price to buy more Bitcoin (probably an SEC violation)
- maybe suggesting he's moving to Ether, which is more eco friendly.

The lad flies his private Jet every day of the year, including one flight last year that went 36miles, across LA. He can hardly complain about emissions

Is crypto regulated by the SEC???
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Musk has his own agenda with his mischievous comments, which have again caused fluctuations in the cryptocurrency markets. I would be surprised if he is not positioning himself to become a major future player in the industry from a cleaner energy mining perspective.
Yeah he's either
- genuinly just tweeting without thinking about things (doing a disservice to his shareholders)
- trying to crash the price to buy more Bitcoin (probably an SEC violation)
- maybe suggesting he's moving to Ether, which is more eco friendly.

The lad flies his private Jet every day of the year, including one flight last year that went 36miles, across LA. He can hardly complain about emissions

Is crypto regulated by the SEC???
There's funds that track the price of Bitcoin, they'd be regulated by SEC
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2021 at 2:13pm
Ada on another run. Goes past the $2 mark and over 2.20 at the min. Not that im complaining, but how and why as others seem to be falling? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:11am
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Ada on another run. Goes past the $2 mark and over 2.20 at the min. Not that im complaining, but how and why as others seem to be falling? 
ADA is known as the "clean" crypto, doesn't take as much energy to mine etc. All other Crypto are down at the moment after Elon said that he was schocked that Bitcoin uses up so much energy, so the clean one, ADA is up.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 8:35am
This thread should be kept for posterity. PhD students will have a field day looking back on this crazy early era of crypto. 

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:58am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

This thread should be kept for posterity. PhD students will have a field day looking back on this crazy early era of crypto. 

Haha your probably right, and truth be told ive only started a few months and seem to be stumbling around in the dark.. But its exciting and potential is there to make few bob, risky yes, but im not exactly throwing my life savings at it. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:51am

We will be laughing at you. Thumbs Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:57am
In September 2017, Jamie Dimon called bitcoin a “fraud... worse than tulip bulbs” and predicted it “isn't going to work.” He also said that if JPMorgan (JPM) traders were trading cryptocurrency, “I would fire them in a second, for two reasons: It is against our rules, and they are stupid, and both are dangerous.” 

JPMorgan to Let Clients Invest in Bitcoin Fund for First Time 26 Apr 2021 — The JPMorgan bitcoin fund could roll out as soon as this summer, sources tell CoinDesk. NYDIG will be the fund's custody provider. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Haha your probably right, and truth be told ive only started a few months and seem to be stumbling around in the dark.. But its exciting and potential is there to make few bob, risky yes, but im not exactly throwing my life savings at it. 

As long as you realise it’s risky then you are in a good position. 

Too many people are getting in at the top expecting the same returns over the last few years and it’s not going to happen. 

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:48pm
My wife was a talking to one of her friends last night. Her husband (they’re not together anymore) has “invested” €20K in Cypto. He took out a Credit Union loan and maxed out a Credit Card. He’s already down €3K. 

This chap is an absolute moron. He’s always at these get rich quick schemes. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone else but he’s an idiot. She can barely get a cent out of this chap to buy clothes for his kids.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 12:37pm
I took out the intitial £500 I've put in over the last few months yesterday from my ADA. I've up nearly 2k in there now. I'm gonna keep doing £50-100 a month into ADA on pay day and see what it goes to. I've staked my ADA too as you get a ~5% return on it and can withdraw anytime you like. Over 70% of ADA is staked now.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:13pm
Would trading on crypto affect your chances of getting a mortgage in the same way online gambling would?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Would trading on crypto affect your chances of getting a mortgage in the same way online gambling would?

Thats a good question , i would say depends on how much you invest each month in crypto's
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:40am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

My wife was a talking to one of her friends last night. Her husband (they’re not together anymore) has “invested” €20K in Cypto. He took out a Credit Union loan and maxed out a Credit Card. He’s already down €3K. 

This chap is an absolute moron. He’s always at these get rich quick schemes. He thinks he’s smarter than everyone else but he’s an idiot. She can barely get a cent out of this chap to buy clothes for his kids.

Looks like he FOMO’d in at the top and most cryptos are down 20-25% in the last 3 days so this dude could be down a lot more now. 

He a bagholder now and borrowed money which is just stoopid. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Thats a good question , i would say depends on how much you invest each month in crypto's

Yeah I’m not sure how they view it.

I put away 500 each month into an Equity fund and that was deemed as good but my 16 a month on lotto tickets was viewed as very bad. 

I think if it’s a regular amount and you show you are just buying to hold that would be deemed good.
If you are transferring random amounts and trading in and out they might see that as gambling.

If you are holding cumrocket, I can’t see that going down well with the banks. 

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I put away 500 each month into an Equity fund and that was deemed as good but my 16 a month on lotto tickets was viewed as very bad. 

I think if it’s a regular amount and you show you are just buying to hold that would be deemed good.
If you are transferring random amounts and trading in and out they might see that as gambling.

Really? Did they tell you this? 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 8:50am

Paging Trig, Paging Trig. Red alert, Red Alert. 

Top 30 Pat Mustard GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:08am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Really? Did they tell you this? 

Yeah I couldn’t believe it.
I knew I was going to be remortgaging so I made sure my statements were clean for the previous 6 months. 

It’s a direct debit each month but so small I didn’t think it would show up but it was pointed out in the meeting. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 30>
  Share Topic