You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 30>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Is it not all just a massive ponzi scheme? Certainly sounds like it from that description. 

The modern version of fools gold. Everybody on this thread who has invested in this stuff should be prepared to lose everything. 

Know little but agree. Lads that have Ks invested have serious stones. 

Donald Pump ffs LOL take my money
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 10:51am

Is it not all just a massive ponzi scheme? Certainly sounds like it from that description. 

Bitcoin is 100% decentralised and is not governed by anybody.
It cant be tampered with and this was the true purpose for crypto ccy. This is here to stay and has a purpose.

Ether is used for a lot of the blockchain technology so will have a purpose.

I’d say 90% of all the others are exactly what you described.
Doge coin was set up as a joke and reached $70bn market cap (top 5 crypto)
It really annoys the true crypto backers and market investors who watched kids becoming millionaires in 6 months based on dog sh1te.

I have some investment in BTC and Ether but the rest I know I’m just gambling with but I’m using house money now so can afford to lose it all. I’m just looking for the next 100X. 

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It cant be tampered with and this was the true purpose for crypto ccy. This is here to stay and has a purpose.

Ether is used for a lot of the blockchain technology so will have a purpose.

I’d say 90% of all the others are exactly what you described.
Doge coin was set up as a joke and reached $70bn market cap (top 5 crypto)
It really annoys the true crypto backers and market investors who watched kids becoming millionaires in 6 months based on dog sh1te.

I have some investment in BTC and Ether but the rest I know I’m just gambling with but I’m using house money now so can afford to lose it all. I’m just looking for the next 100X. 

But at what value... how do you know their true worth?

Just what do you think is going to happen to their value when central banks create their own digital currency? Hint: A currency with the backing of a central bank will decimate all other digital currencies. Central bankers are telling people now they should be prepared to lose everything. It isn't their opinion they are forewarning people. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 10 May 2021 at 11:21am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 12:20pm

Just what do you think is going to happen to their value when central banks create their own digital currency? Hint: A currency with the backing of a central bank will decimate all other digital currencies. Central bankers are telling people now they should be prepared to lose everything. It isn't their opinion they are forewarning people. 

The central banks will create a digital ccy, most countries will (China already has) but Bitcoin will never be controlled by a central bank or anybody. 
That’s the purpose of it and it has some big players backing it.

What is it worth? Depends what people are going to pay for it. 
The returns it made in the last 10 years won’t happen again but it is an alternative to holding gold etc  
At 1 trillion market cap it’s unlikely Bitcoin will disappear to nothing.

I wouldn’t advise people to invest in it as it’s high risk. I wouldn’t sell my house to buy crypto or put my pension into it.

But if you have you already have stocks / bonds / real estate and you are looking to diversify then crypto is an alternative. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 1:23pm
It's not a currency, pure and simple. They're assets, like Golds, Silver, Copper etc. They are badly named.

The best thing about Dogecoin and Cumrocket is that they are taking the slack for being jokes, and Bitcoin, Etherium, Polkadot are given more credit as the serious Cryptocurrencies.
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 2:05pm

The central banks will create a digital ccy, most countries will (China already has) but Bitcoin will never be controlled by a central bank or anybody. 

The returns it made in the last 10 years won’t happen again but it is an alternative to holding gold etc  

I wouldn’t advise people to invest in it as it’s high risk. I wouldn’t sell my house to buy crypto or put my pension into it.

But if you have you already have stocks / bonds / real estate and you are looking to diversify then crypto is an alternative. 

hyperinflation will wipe out most pensions, unless the government get there first lol

crypto is a good hedge against that
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

hyperinflation will wipe out most pensions, unless the government get there first lol

crypto is a good hedge against that

That’s assuming crypto holds it value.
If it’s a hedge against inflation it shouldn’t go down in price.
It’s never been properly tested so nobody knows.

S&P was down 1% because of inflation fears and BTC fell 5% yesterday. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

It's not a currency, pure and simple. They're assets, like Golds, Silver, Copper etc. They are badly named.

The best thing about Dogecoin and Cumrocket is that they are taking the slack for being jokes, and Bitcoin, Etherium, Polkadot are given more credit as the serious Cryptocurrencies.

Not when Elon is asking Twitter should Tesla accept Dogecoin?

I guess it’s time to buy back in before the Americans wake up. 

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 11:34am
Where is the best place to buy on? Have a bit on Revolut which is supposed to be one of the worst places to buy but it was only a bit of craic.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 12:16pm
Coinbase is the easiest for beginners. 

Kracken pro has one of the cheapest fees and good for charts and volumes.

Huboi if you want access to all coins but you need to be able to send crypto over which you can do via Coinbase.
It has leverage products so you can buy Eth X3 etc 

Warning: Everything is at an all time high. Don’t be going all in balls deep. 

The basic strategy is to put in a small amount each month so that way you are not trying to time the market.

BTC and ETH are the safer options. 

The next level down - Dot/ ADA / USTD etc are mid level.

Basically look at the market cap

The lower down you go the more risk 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:28am
Elon Musk talking crypto again and most cryptos down 10%
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

All stock markets taking a tanking this week.
US inflation was at 4% which put pressure on the government to increase interest rates. 

Every asset class is at all time high so a cooling off period was expected.
Hopefully not a full on crash but any significant catalyst could set it off. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:08am

US inflation was at 4% which put pressure on the government to increase interest rates. 

Yeah, but all stocks won't take a dive when one person makes a comment. This is what I can't get my ahead around if crypto is a proper asset. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:22pm

Yeah, but all stocks won't take a dive when one person makes a comment. This is what I can't get my ahead around if crypto is a proper asset. 

Unfortunately that’s the world we live in now.
It’s a high risk asset and if you don’t understand that risk you will get burned badly. 

There is loads of people on Twitter crying as their only 2 assets , Tesla stock and BTC are down 15% this week.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 12:30pm

Unfortunately that’s the world we live in now.
It’s a high risk asset and if you don’t understand that risk you will get burned badly. 

There is loads of people on Twitter crying as their only 2 assets , Tesla stock and BTC are down 15% this week.

But can it really be classed as an asset at all if one persons opinion can cause such a drop in value? 
That's my question. 
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 4:33pm
ADA at all time high today and some of the other proof of stake cryptos are up for the day. I think the criticising of the energy use when mining proof of work cryptos like bitcoin is valid.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:06pm
Musk has his own agenda with his mischievous comments, which have again caused fluctuations in the cryptocurrency markets. I would be surprised if he is not positioning himself to become a major future player in the industry from a cleaner energy mining perspective.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Musk has his own agenda with his mischievous comments, which have again caused fluctuations in the cryptocurrency markets. I would be surprised if he is not positioning himself to become a major future player in the industry from a cleaner energy mining perspective.
Yeah he's either
- genuinly just tweeting without thinking about things (doing a disservice to his shareholders)
- trying to crash the price to buy more Bitcoin (probably an SEC violation)
- maybe suggesting he's moving to Ether, which is more eco friendly.

The lad flies his private Jet every day of the year, including one flight last year that went 36miles, across LA. He can hardly complain about emissions
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 30>
  Share Topic