You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

For anyone that's interested in the Decentralised Finance (Defi) here is an article going through some of best options. Some of the interest rates you can get are huge. 

As this is so new there are risks with hacks and also the services been offered by dodgy companies etc so if you do avail of these type of services do your research on them etc. Thumbs Up 

Bankless is a good site for that stuff, they'd Mark Cuban on their podcast a few weeks back. I had to listen to it 3 times to understand it all but he has some cracking ideas about where Blockchain/DeFi is going. It's episode 54 of "Bankless" if anyone fancies it

How can cryptocurrencies work and be the future and sustainable when orthadoxic economic beliefs tell us that for fiat currencies to work they need to be taxed, otherwise Weimer Republic-style hyperinflation takes hold? 

Outside of the UK, aren't cryptocurrencies mostly lightly taxed?

How can bitcoin, and the like, hold any long-term value, then? Surely any gains you make can only be based on short-term speculation.
Cryptocurrencies are massively taxed, via CGT. If I got to buy a Tesla with a Bitcoin (as they currently advertise), I'd have to pay Capital Gains Tax on the movement of Bitcoin since I bought it. That's one of the main reasons I don't see it as a currency any time soon.

Crypto is an asset, like Gold, and it has a limited number. The more people that want that limited number, the higher the price will go. Gold only has a value because people want it, and that's survived hundreds of years as a store of value. Everything else in our lives has gone digital, why not our asses/gold.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 7:30pm

For anyone that's interested in the Decentralised Finance (Defi) here is an article going through some of best options. Some of the interest rates you can get are huge. 

As this is so new there are risks with hacks and also the services been offered by dodgy companies etc so if you do avail of these type of services do your research on them etc. Thumbs Up 

Bankless is a good site for that stuff, they'd Mark Cuban on their podcast a few weeks back. I had to listen to it 3 times to understand it all but he has some cracking ideas about where Blockchain/DeFi is going. It's episode 54 of "Bankless" if anyone fancies it

How can cryptocurrencies work and be the future and sustainable when orthadoxic economic beliefs tell us that for fiat currencies to work they need to be taxed, otherwise Weimer Republic-style hyperinflation takes hold? 

How can bitcoin, and the like, hold any long-term value, then? Surely any gains you make can only be based on short-term speculation.
Cryptocurrencies are massively taxed, via CGT. If I got to buy a Tesla with a Bitcoin (as they currently advertise), I'd have to pay Capital Gains Tax on the movement of Bitcoin since I bought it. That's one of the main reasons I don't see it as a currency any time soon.

Crypto is an asset, like Gold, and it has a limited number. The more people that want that limited number, the higher the price will go. Gold only has a value because people want it, and that's survived hundreds of years as a store of value. Everything else in our lives has gone digital, why not our asses/gold

But gold has tangible and immutable value.

I had a friend at work who invested in various cryptocurrencies but he had to do enormous, regular and exhaustive research. And even then the gains were relatively slim.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 26 Mar 2021 at 7:34pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:05pm

Crypto is an asset, like Gold, and it has a limited number. The more people that want that limited number, the higher the price will go. Gold only has a value because people want it, and that's survived hundreds of years as a store of value. Everything else in our lives has gone digital, why not our asses/gold

I had a friend at work who invested in various cryptocurrencies but he had to do enormous, regular and exhaustive research. And even then the gains were relatively slim.
I'm not sure the industrial usage of gold would warrant it being however many thousand a kilo it is these days. It's used a bit in engines, and aerospace, after that it's mainly jewellery again where it's only valuable because people say it's valued.

Yeah very hard to see where the millions will be made in crypto. I invest through a company called KR1. They're basically investors in a bunch of different crypto initiatives, so you're buying a stake in loats of crypto initiatives and crypto coins. LEave someone more clever than me to figure it out.

The main point of crypto and DeFi is making everything public and moving away from corporations. In some ways, the success of crypto may be making lots of things cheaper/free, so it may be a revolution that nobody in particular makes billions.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:24pm
I want to hear more about these digital asses. 
@AntrimMan85
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 8:46pm

I'm not sure the industrial usage of gold would warrant it being however many thousand a kilo it is these days. It's used a bit in engines, and aerospace, after that it's mainly jewellery again where it's only valuable because people say it's valued.

Yeah very hard to see where the millions will be made in crypto. I invest through a company called KR1. They're basically investors in a bunch of different crypto initiatives, so you're buying a stake in loats of crypto initiatives and crypto coins. LEave someone more clever than me to figure it out.

The main point of crypto and DeFi is making everything public and moving away from corporations. In some ways, the success of crypto may be making lots of things cheaper/free, so it may be a revolution that nobody in particular makes billions.

Thanks. I find it an interesting subject, without understanding a great deal about it. But it seems to me that if we can move away from central banks, like the privately owned Federal Reserve, all the better.

I know that, under the influence of Max Keiser, Galloway's failed bid for the London Mayorlty included a move towards a cryptocurrency-funded City Hall.

Whether that would have really worked or not, I don't know. 

Edited by NewtNewbie - 26 Mar 2021 at 11:39pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2021 at 10:31pm
XRP rising. See you in the Bahamas 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 1:35am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

XRP rising. See you in the Bahamas 

lol yep, win this court case and it could soar
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:27pm
XRP gwan ya beauty 
AS YOU WERE McGx

colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 9:19am
🚀 🚀🚀
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 8:16am
up another 20% overnight 😂
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 8:52am
See you all in the Caymans lads.
AS YOU WERE McGx

Rocko View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:13am
XRP to the moon
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:24am

Right I never bought Crypto before until just now. I bought €20 worth of XRP based purely on you mugs talking it up. When can I hand in my notice in work and live a life of luxury?
El Puto Amo
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Right I never bought Crypto before until just now. I bought €20 worth of XRP based purely on you mugs talking it up. When can I hand in my notice in work and live a life of luxury?
I’d say you would be safe enough to just go in and take a sh*t on the bosses desk today now that you have bought👍🏻
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:35am
Keep an eye on Stellar! I got in at .08 and it's up to .53! Steadily climbing up. This time last year it was worth .04 a coin
Danger here, OH NO
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

Keep an eye on Stellar! I got in at .08 and it's up to .53! Steadily climbing up. This time last year it was worth .04 a coin

I hear that's called the wife beater crypto
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

I hear that's called the wife beater crypto

Can be called whatever by whoever but it's making me a decent few quid
Danger here, OH NO
cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2021 at 6:29pm
What's so great about XRP? Looks halted on Coinbase from a few months ago
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 30>
  Share Topic