You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bitcoin, Crypto and Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 30>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Five of my holdings all went off a cliff overnight LOL
Elon Musk said something and then this happened.

Again, something I can't understand. If crypto is the future then how can what one person says have such an impact on all cryptos
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Again, something I can't understand. If crypto is the future then how can what one person says have such an impact on all cryptos
It's not a currency. It's just like any other stock market gamble. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:23pm

He did the same with Tesla share price last year. 

https://www.dw.com/en/tesla-shares-tumble-as-musk-says-companys-stock-is-overvalued/a-53308317

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

https://www.dw.com/en/tesla-shares-tumble-as-musk-says-companys-stock-is-overvalued/a-53308317

A little different when he comes out and says the stock figure on the balance sheet of his own company is overvalued!
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

A little different when he comes out and says the stock figure on the balance sheet of his own company is overvalued!

Exactly - It's one thing talking about your own company, it's another to effectively make a comment on an entire industry/sector/however you want to describe it and then the whole sector take a dive. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 2:52pm

Exactly - It's one thing talking about your own company, it's another to effectively make a comment on an entire industry/sector/however you want to describe it and then the whole sector take a dive. 

It’s wasn’t just his tweet, the whole market is down today.
A lot of high growth stocks are down 5-15% in the last few hours.

It’s just wiping out the gains of the last 1-2 months. It’s not a crash.

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 23 Feb 2021 at 2:52pm

Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2021 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

It’s wasn’t just his tweet, the whole market is down today.
A lot of high growth stocks are down 5-15% in the last few hours.

It’s just wiping out the gains of the last 1-2 months. It’s not a crash.

people are taking profits, it happens Wink
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 6:29pm
cardano on an absolute tear Clap
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

cardano on an absolute tear Clap

Delighted it's on the way. Sad it's before I have enough. 
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 5:52pm
See footballindex looks to be going to the wall
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Yeah I put judt a tenner in it about 4 years ago never got into it people could lose a lot money there. How has actually gone to the wall I thought it was profitable and growing but until I seen the news before the year
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

I had a good chunk of money in it, cashed out just over a week ago with a small profit as I was spending too much time on it! Saved myself some money, couldn’t believe it went tits up a couple of days later. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 7:07pm
You crippled them Brendy!

Was always something I said I’d give a go to but never got round to it 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Mar 2021 at 7:08pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You crippled them Brendy!

Was always something I said I’d give a go to but never got round to it 

I got really lucky, a good mate of mine had a couple of thousand worth in shares and didn’t cash in.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 8:33pm
For anyone that's interested in the Decentralised Finance (Defi) here is an article going through some of best options. Some of the interest rates you can get are huge. 

As this is so new there are risks with hacks and also the services been offered by dodgy companies etc so if you do avail of these type of services do your research on them etc. Thumbs Up 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

For anyone that's interested in the Decentralised Finance (Defi) here is an article going through some of best options. Some of the interest rates you can get are huge. 

As this is so new there are risks with hacks and also the services been offered by dodgy companies etc so if you do avail of these type of services do your research on them etc. Thumbs Up 

Basically payday lending so your principal is at risk but the agent fees are much lower so high risk but high reward. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 9:54am

Bankless is a good site for that stuff, they'd Mark Cuban on their podcast a few weeks back. I had to listen to it 3 times to understand it all but he has some cracking ideas about where Blockchain/DeFi is going. It's episode 54 of "Bankless" if anyone fancies it
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 4:01pm

Bankless is a good site for that stuff, they'd Mark Cuban on their podcast a few weeks back. I had to listen to it 3 times to understand it all but he has some cracking ideas about where Blockchain/DeFi is going. It's episode 54 of "Bankless" if anyone fancies it

How can cryptocurrencies work and be the future and sustainable when orthadoxic economic beliefs tell us that for fiat currencies to work they need to be taxed, otherwise Weimer Republic-style hyperinflation takes hold? 

Outside of the UK, aren't cryptocurrencies mostly lightly taxed?

How can bitcoin, and the like, hold any long-term value, then? Surely any gains you make can only be based on short-term speculation.

Edited by NewtNewbie - 26 Mar 2021 at 4:10pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 30>
  Share Topic