"bit of balls" thread ( keane podcast)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2010 at 8:20pm

said it before say it again

Roy keane =traitor/muppet/
Steven ireland =traitor/mup

CORK MENTALITY

You forgot Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:26pm
Can i ask the lads the same question i've been asking all the way through this thread - are we anywhere near maximising the potential of the squad we have to choose from?

Edited by trapped - 18 Nov 2010 at 3:19am
traphasntaclue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traphasntaclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2010 at 7:31pm
no we are not,not even close,we should be pissing our group we have a better squad now than the one which went to world cup 2002 but trap wont pick it!jaysus sure gary breen and conolloy were in that team they were brutal,trap would love them!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:06am

CORK MENTALITY
Best player and best captain we ever produced, and thats what you say, your a disgrace. Only a complete numbskull and idiot would say something like that

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:05am
Originally posted by trapped trapped wrote:

Can i ask the lads the same question i've been asking all the way through this thread - are we anywhere near maximising the potential of the squad we have to choose from?

We put a very inexperienced side out with only one senior defender playing, who all coped reasonably.

Cunningham will come on now that he's getting regular football at Leicester. I like to look of this lad. Hopefully, we'll have solved our problems at LB.
But he's still learning.

Is O'Dea any better than McShane? Not so sure myself.

Kelly - I seen enough of this lad to know that he won't let us down, but I would like to see someone with a bit more composure.

We passed the ball about better in midfield, which Fahey had a big influence on.

Long is getting used to the international set up more and more. He strikes me as one of those players who'll probably play better for us than he does at club level. He's a decent enough replacement for Robbie, which was long (excuse the pun) overdue. I hope he can start finding the ol' onion sack more regularly.

Walters? Did allright. We need cover for Doyle. He's as good as any of the others we've tried out in this position.
Jokerman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jokerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 5:09am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

We put a very inexperienced side out with only one senior defender playing, who all coped reasonably.

Cunningham will come on now that he's getting regular football at Leicester. I like to look of this lad. Hopefully, we'll have solved our problems at LB.
But he's still learning.

Kelly - I seen enough of this lad to know that he won't let us down, but I would like to see someone with a bit more composure.

We passed the ball about better in midfield, which Fahey had a big influence on.

Long is getting used to the international set up more and more. He strikes me as one of those players who'll probably play better for us than he does at club level. He's a decent enough replacement for Robbie, which was long (excuse the pun) overdue. I hope he can start finding the ol' onion sack more regularly.

Walters? Did allright. We need cover for Doyle. He's as good as any of the others we've tried out in this position.
O'Dea was injured FFS. Give him a break.

We don't need Walters. Long and Doyle can do his job. What we need is an out and out goalscorer to take the burden off Keane, like Anthony Stokes. Walters is expendable. Murphy, Sheridan, Keogh and Folan can all be back up for Long and Doyle as well. Walters can talk himself up to the press all he wants, he's going to have to get back in the Stoke team if he wants to be a regular in Ireland squads.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

But he's still learning.

Was it not Kelly who let us down in one of the games at Croker where he slipped resulting in a goal after only a few minutes? He tends not to play as well for Ireland as he does for club for some reason.

Yea i think Long, Fahey and Cunningham all did well so credit to Trap for trying them out (even if he was forced into it). This is what happens when you try out new players with potential - they can impress and become good prospects for future teams. It's just a pity he's overlooked many of the other obvious choices over the past couple of years.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 6:45am
Originally posted by Jokerman Jokerman wrote:

We don't need Walters. Long and Doyle can do his job. What we need is an out and out goalscorer to take the burden off Keane, like Anthony Stokes. Walters is expendable. Murphy, Sheridan, Keogh and Folan can all be back up for Long and Doyle as well. Walters can talk himself up to the press all he wants, he's going to have to get back in the Stoke team if he wants to be a regular in Ireland squads.

Best is out for a while and Folan is injury prone.
Murphy/Sheridan/Keogh are not good enough. It could turn out that Walters is only a little better.
He was brought to Stoke as cover for their other two strikers. He will play if one of them gets injured and he will get sub appearances. For now, he's probably as good as it gets in terms of a replacement for Doyle, should he be absent.

Edited by Stoked Up - 18 Nov 2010 at 6:45am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:42pm

[QUOTE=irelandfan]

CORK MENTALITY
Best player and best captain we ever produced, and thats what you say, your a disgrace. Only a complete numbskull and idiot would say something like that[/QUOTE

Best captain for man united i agree but whats he ever done ireland nothing absoulutly nothing his remarks 12 months were a disgrace "about that night in paris " he slated the team the fai and irish football in general i never felt any proudness about this guy . He couldnt be any further up his own arse. I think he just likes  hearing his own voice . its just a cork thing .

Edited by irelandfan - 18 Nov 2010 at 3:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

CORK MENTALITY

You forgot Stupidity

+ 1 should have included good man Clap
yapster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:05pm

CORK MENTALITY
Best player and best captain we ever produced, and thats what you say, your a disgrace. Only a complete numbskull and idiot would say something like that

Paul McGrath was the best player Ireland produced 'behind George Best' of course.
Keane is a disgrace and now is used as a 'rent a quote' by Sky because they know how to rise him. Good player in his day no doubt but a stupid spoilt bully who backed down when it was put up to him. btw Byran Robson was a better player & captain for United.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:10pm

CORK MENTALITY

Paul McGrath was the best player Ireland produced 'behind George Best' of course.
Keane is a disgrace and now is used as a 'rent a quote' by Sky because they know how to rise him. Good player in his day no doubt but a stupid spoilt bully who backed down when it was put up to him. btw Byran Robson was a better player & captain for United.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2010 at 4:12pm

CORK MENTALITY

yep agree with ya there bryan robson would have been before my time never seen him play you know more than i do .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 6:37am

Angry man has spoken again -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:39am

Angry man has spoken again -

Saw that on SSN last night. Can you believe he's quoted at 10/1 to be the next Ireland manager LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 8:56am
Imagine Roy was manager after qa defeat. ''Liam Lawrence will never play for this country again...''  ''Robbie Keane will never play for this country again..''

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 9:04am

Imagine Roy was manager after qa defeat. ''Liam Lawrence will never play for this country again...''  ''Robbie Keane will never play for this country again..''
I think it's eating him up inside that he didn't play at the World Cup 02 when he was at his peak. Every chance he gets he slates the Irish set up in one way or another.
yapster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 4:24pm

I think it's eating him up inside that he didn't play at the World Cup 02 when he was at his peak. Every chance he gets he slates the Irish set up in one way or another.

Whats eating him is that he knows he fcuked it up for himself in Saipan deep down and like a spoilt brat he won't admit to himself at least that he did.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>