You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Birdseye Waffles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:38pm
Birdseye potato waffles their waffly versatile,   that is all
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:51pm
Lots of new ways to eat waffles on here, but I just couldnt put them between 2 slices of bread. Anyone ever try fishfingers on waffles. I think it could work for me
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:54pm
Like most things they're nicest off the BBQ.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Lots of new ways to eat waffles on here, but I just couldnt put them between 2 slices of bread. Anyone ever try fishfingers on waffles. I think it could work for me

fish fingers waffles with butter on top and some not too much bachelors beans. lovely tack
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2012 at 8:16pm
Never even thought of a waffle sambo. Sounds good. 

Birds Eye potato waffles, they’re waffly versatile: 
They go with beans, bangers, bacon, burgers, fish, fingers, fish fingers, 
eggs in, eggs on, gammon, steak, chops. 
Grill ’em, bake ’em, fry ’em, eat ’em, 
Birds Eye potato waffles, they’re waffly versatile!
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Ludwig von Drake Ludwig von Drake wrote:

Never even thought of a waffle sambo. Sounds good. 

Birds Eye potato waffles, they’re waffly versatile: 
They go with beans, bangers, bacon, burgers, fish, fingers, fish fingers, 
eggs in, eggs on, gammon, steak, chops. 
Grill ’em, bake ’em, fry ’em, eat ’em, 
Birds Eye potato waffles, they’re waffly versatile!

Where is pop them in the toaster in the song?
MJD View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 12:47pm

Toasting them isn't even mentioned on the box, as someone suggested before. I checked last night as I was sticking them on the grill Wink

17 International Caps
16 International Goals
COYFIG
GockaRocka View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GockaRocka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Shared a house with a girl who used to put them in the toaster. I'm sure she must be dead of food poisoning or stupidity by now.
What kind of stupidity is this, putting them under a grill or a toaster is the same process just a different outlet. Also you cant get food poisoning from frozen potato.

We're good at a lot of things, but when it comes to food the Irish public have not a clue what they are at.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by GockaRocka GockaRocka wrote:

Shared a house with a girl who used to put them in the toaster. I'm sure she must be dead of food poisoning or stupidity by now.
What kind of stupidity is this, putting them under a grill or a toaster is the same process just a different outlet. Also you cant get food poisoning from frozen potato.

We're good at a lot of things, but when it comes to food the Irish public have not a clue what they are at.

Yeah like putting waffles in a toaster LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 1:49pm

to be honest I wouldn't consider anybody who eats these things a gastronomic guru.They are hardly foie gras. Anyway I can't imagine any under cooked frozen food will do you any good. And they are mad from spud granules, along with other e numbers,oils, salts and stabilisers, hardly just frozen spud.

You are correct though, Irish people have a history of fussiness and eating solely plain bland food and overcooked meat, possibly our greatest weakness. It has been passed on from generation to generation.
GockaRocka View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GockaRocka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I haven't eaten a waffle since I was about ten, but think about it, its the same process. A waffle can be cooked just as well in a toaster. Both have a grill, in fact the toaster has two, might have to give it two rounds to cook it to specification though!

Sounds like some good outside the box thinking actually and would make no difference to how the waffle is cooked whats so ever. The only problem maybe would be excess oil build up after a while, but once the toaster doesn't succumb to excessive use from massive waffle addiction, should be grand Thumbs Up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 2:11pm

I haven't eaten a waffle since I was about ten, but think about it, its the same process. A waffle can be cooked just as well in a toaster. Both have a grill, in fact the toaster has two, might have to give it two rounds to cook it to specification though!

Sounds like some good outside the box thinking actually and would make no difference to how the waffle is cooked whats so ever. The only problem maybe would be excess oil build up after a while, but once the toaster doesn't succumb to excessive use from massive waffle addiction, should be grand Thumbs Up

It could work but I reckon you would want to be putting the waffle in the toaster a number of times.
Under the grill the waffle will get more intense heat and therefore cook thoroughly whilst being brown and crispy on the outside.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 2:56pm
Only problem with using the toaster is some lesser waffles(tesco) tend to buckle and bend due to standing up in the toaster. This can get messy trying to get the beggers out in one piece.

Birds eye and lidl dont have this problem
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Only problem with using the toaster is some lesser waffles(tesco) tend to buckle and bend due to standing up in the toaster. This can get messy trying to get the beggers out in one piece.

Probably due to a lack of Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose 
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 3:25pm
Some waffling going on here , 4 pages now
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 3:31pm

YUM YUM........sounds delicious  Dead
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 4:07pm

Nail on the head! Green Isle do a great waffle as well, Deffo the number two waffle IMO, well able to stand up to the toaster as well. Tesco and dunnes ones are like paper!
Living for Away days
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 4:22pm

Geek

Never made a waffle under the grill as long as I've lived. just had two from the toaster. Brown and crispy. Three preeses down Thumbs Up

Bit of YR sauce. Quality.

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic