You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Billy Dennehy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropagandhiŽ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Billy Dennehy
    Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 8:28am

WITH September just around the corner, Billy Dennehy may well be the only Kerryman still in the hunt for a championship title -- but not the kind they are used to in the Kingdom.

The Tralee native was in flying form for Shamrock Rovers on Monday night with a man-of-the-match performance as they took another huge step towards a first League of Ireland Premier Division title since 1994 with a facile win over UCD.

Dennehy was once an extremely promising Gaelic footballer in a county that lives and breathes the GAA sport of the bigger-ball variety.

But the 23-year-old feels that his experiences this year with the Hoops have justified his decision to pursue a career in Association football.

"I was a Stacks man and played with the Kerry minors and stuff," said Dennehy. "But it came to the stage where I got offered the chance to go to Sunderland and when you are a young lad and you are offered the chance to go and play in England, it's not a hard decision.

"But since I've come home I'm enjoying my football now more than anywhere else I've been.

"At Cork City and now here I'm enjoying my football, off the pitch as well and that shows in training and on the pitch. All the lads get on great together. There is a great team spirit there. We need that for the run-in and hopefully it will continue that way."

Dennehy's boss Michael O'Neill was lavish in his praise for the former Cork City player, claiming that there is no better left-winger in the league, and stating that players of his ilk are crucial as the Hoops face a tense title run-in.

"He is a fantastic professional who works hard, and he's positive every time he gets the ball," said O'Neill.

"It's what gets the people excited; it's important here because sometimes the atmosphere here is quiet and you need players to generate that. Billy is one of those players."

Sponsored Links

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 9:35am
Never knew he played with the kerry MinorsShocked
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Post_Man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Post_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 10:36am
He's a confidence player and now he has confidence!
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:42pm
He's a diving, moaning complainy ****.

Good player though
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 12:51pm
Jaysus cry me a river UCD. You are the whingebag, you must have posted that on every clubs forum by now.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:00pm
Confused

He gives out to his own players when he doesn't get the ball on a plate or when he puts in a cross that doesn't get finished. What am I whingeing about I said he was a good player - I say it because I see from non green and white hooped tinted glasses. The lad on the SR forum agreed with me so don't take anything against your players or team as "THIS IS BECAUSE OUR LAST RESULT " Enough nonsense
Post_Man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Post_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:01pm
@UCD AFC WHats UCD's keppers name?
But Why?

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:06pm
The one that's played the last few is Ger Barron.

Billy Brennan was first choice at the start of the season.
Post_Man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Post_Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2010 at 2:10pm
Alright from what I;m told he's very dodgy
But Why?

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 6:04am
Billy's on fire lately, timing his run of form well.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
garytwigg21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garytwigg21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 11:28am
Has been much more effective in the last 10 games then he was in the first 10. Defo a confidence player, keep it going Billy Thumbs%20Up
This time next year........
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 12:52pm
Grade A ****

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2010 at 1:45pm
Singing Ee eye Billy Dennehy etc etc.........

Good man Billy, f*ck the begrudgers.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
OldBawnHoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldBawnHoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:35pm
Big%20smile
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

fw its B.I billy dennehy
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2010 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

fw its B.I billy dennehy

Ah.......WHATEVER..........LOL, pedantic Fantastic, fook off!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2010 at 1:18pm

Billy's free kick here from Friday..........quality. Clap

PropagandhiŽ View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PropagandhiŽ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:03pm
What a goal by Dennehy. Take a bow son.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic