You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest kip of a city we have played in .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Poll Question: Biggest Kip?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [33.33%]
14 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

Gelsenkirchen by a mile.

Bordeaux was rubbish, but the weather had a lot to do with that. Ended up going home early because I got drowned. Spent half an hour in the toilet stuck to a dryer , it didn’t really dry me so fecked off home early. Game was pants too.
Bordeaux is a beautiful city with some great restaurants and nice bars. Nightclubs were good also
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:30pm
There are different kinds of kips. There are kips like Chisinau that are pretty run down but still great craic, and then there's a kip like Astana. A made up, souless dump of a place.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 9:42pm
Wasn't in Gelsinkerchien but
(a) did people stay there?
(b) why do they get Germany games?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

yes but there was limited availability

Great stadium though outside the stadium was a shambles
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Was anybody here in Tirana in 1993? I remember reading a lot of books published by various Irish players at the time and they never seemed too fond of their time there.

Yes.  Very poor country at the time but not as bad as described by the travel agents.  Tony Cascarino's late winner helped make it a great trip.    
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Stayed one night in Dusseldorf and 2 in Gelsenkirchen IBIS.  Utter dump of a town.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:36pm
Another vote for Gelsenkirchen, I've seen more attractive industrial estates. Chisinau had some nice parts if ya were to wander around a bit, as someone else mentioned, but I don't think anyone's expectations of the poorest country in Europe were that high to begin with. Or at least they shouldn't have been. Be quite happy never to see Cardiff again, didn't think Glasgow was as bad as some made out (was my one and only time so far to visit there). 

Bratislava, be interesting to see how much it has come on in the last 13 years, like nearly any city, it will have changed somewhat in that time. It rained for 3 solid days the last time I was there in 2007, never really helps any place forming any impression of it. Do remember the old town square being a nice enough looking place, and there was some decent pubs in it too. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Albufeira is a kip when it comes to holiday destinations.

That f**king strip man, horrendous.

Old Town alot better but literally nearly everyone there is a dealer.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Where to start! LOL

Ireland have never played in Albufeira, I’m sure there is a thread for your worst holidays. Although, having thought about it, we did play a match just a twenty minute walk down the road.

What difference does their shirt make?

‘Literally nearly everyone’ must be well over 90% of the population, including tourists. There must be a handful of very rich people there with noses like Barbra Streisand or some very poor dealers.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Where to start! LOL

Ireland have never played in Albufeira, I’m sure there is a thread for your worst holidays. Although, having thought about it, we did play a match just a twenty minute walk down the road.

‘Literally nearly everyone’ must be well over 90% of the population, including tourists. There must be a handful of very rich people there with noses like Barbra Streisand or some very poor dealers.

If you actually went the post would make sense couch supporter 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:13pm

Where to start! LOL

LOL
Your posts make even less sense when you are angry.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:16pm

Where to start! LOL

But we didn't play in Albuferia though so no it doesn't.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:18pm
I’m not angry at all! 

Every f**ker there was actually a dealer to the point the very first bar I went in I asked for a Vodka and Coke (not cola as I was apparently meant to) and I was served with a straight Vodka and a gram of coke LOL

This is when I knew the place was a kip LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:23pm

I’m not angry at all! 

Every f**ker there was actually a dealer to the point the very first bar I went in I asked for a Vodka and Coke (not cola as I was apparently meant to) and I was served with a straight Vodka and a gram of coke LOL

LOL
Right you are(LOL), but apart from your experience on holiday making every single person in Albufeira a drug dealer, up from nearly everyone, what has it got to do with the thread? 

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Jan 2020 at 11:24pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:28pm

I’m not angry at all! 

LOL
Right you are(LOL), but apart from your experience on holiday making every single person in Albufeira a drug dealer, up from nearly everyone, what has it got to do with the thread

Between there or Vilamoura it's where everyone based themselves so it's pretty much relevant!

Don't think anyone actually stayed in Faro. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:30pm
It is literally not actually relevant at all.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:36pm

I’m not angry at all! 

LOL
Right you are(LOL), but apart from your experience on holiday making every single person in Albufeira a drug dealer, up from nearly everyone, what has it got to do with the thread

Between there or Vilamoura it's where everyone based themselves so it's pretty much relevant!

Yes but the game was in Faro. Clue is in the title of the thread Coyner. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I’m not angry at all! 

LOL

Yes but the game was in Faro. Clue is in the title of the thread Coyner. 
Leave him alone denis he has been out walking
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic