You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Biggest kip of a city we have played in .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Poll Question: Biggest Kip?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
7 [33.33%]
14 [66.67%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
Gelsenkirchen, by a mile.

There's a reason why most people stayed in Dusseldorf.  There was NOTHING in Gelsenkirchen, FFS we struggled to even find a bar opened past 9pm. Thumbs Down
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:26pm
The answer is Gelsenkirchen hands down

Chisinau had some nice bits to it if you wandered about 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:41pm

The poorest city in Germany is Gelsenkirchen (North Rhine-Westphalia). The people who live there earn approximately 18,106$ per year (16,203€) which is extremely low for german standards considering the fact that the average yearly earning in Germany is 45.250€ (50,565$).

And as if the inhabitants of this city weren’t punished enough with their city, Gelsenkirchen is also known for being one of the ugliest cities in Germany.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 4:57pm
Chisinev, it took me ages to find somewhere that sold toothpaste.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 5:59pm
Aye forgot about Gelsenkirchen.  A dump with no people , bars or restaurants.  A German Slough.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I'd a great time but there can be no contest here surely. Chisinau is an absolute sh*t hole of the highest order!

Don't get the hate for Cardiff. It's not amazing or anything but I thought it was grand. 

+1

Haven't been to Chisnau but found Glasgow fairly grim alright.

I loved Glasgow. It's not the prettiest city in the world but the people were dead on. Good place for a booze up. Can't really ask for more!
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Aye forgot about Gelsenkirchen.  A dump with no people , bars or restaurants.  A German Slough.

Restaurents ? Are you joking ? Top 3 away trip meals at a chinese buffet where they cooked all fresh ingredients for you, any thing you wanted - cost peanuts 

Granted gelsennkirchen was a bit grim 
Cardiff sh*tehole - no wish to go back ever 
Glasgow - no thanks 

Only reason people giving off about Brat  was the weather was sh*t the last time and we conceded a last minute equaliser 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

The people who are saying Glasgow, Cardiff, Gelsenkirchen, were any of you in Chisinau and if so, what makes it less of a sh*thole than those places?

I think it's a case of Moldova in comparison to the other countries, Glasgow and Cardiff being part of the UK 

Again I'm not sure what people were expecting in a city with a heavy student population, if you're expecting views and telescopes you go to Edinburgh for that which attracts the tourist-goers

There's alot of cities in the UK which are simply 1 huge street of bars, clubs with rough suburbs it doesn't make them kips either - Newcastle, Sunderland, Swansea and Glasgow are probably the big 4 (in that order too) in regards to Student populace. 

As said before Cardiff doesn't fit into that demographic but it's been so badly run down these days Disapprove

Edited by coyne - 21 Jan 2020 at 6:22pm
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:21pm
woukd go beck to chisnau just to taste a wagu steak at 40 Euro 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

woukd go beck to chisnau just to taste a wagu steak at 40 Euro 

Does it taste any different than when you pay 100euro for it 
AKA pedantic kunt
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:53pm
Gelsenkirchen by a mile.

Bordeaux was rubbish, but the weather had a lot to do with that. Ended up going home early because I got drowned. Spent half an hour in the toilet stuck to a dryer , it didn’t really dry me so fecked off home early. Game was pants too.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 6:56pm
Lille was a bit of a dump now to think of it. Ruined a great night.  Couldn't find any bars in town open so got a taxi back to the accommo.

I know now there were some places open.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 7:27pm
Bratislava for me.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 7:58pm

Restaurents ? Are you joking ? Top 3 away trip meals at a chinese buffet where they cooked all fresh ingredients for you, any thing you wanted - cost peanuts 

Glasgow - no thanks 

Only reason people giving off about Brat  was the weather was sh*t the last time and we conceded a last minute equaliser 
Nothing says Germany like a Chinese buffet.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 7:58pm

Glasgow - no thanks 

I disagree NR the people who i ran into on the two trips there looked at me like i was on some stag do looking for hookers and coke , they wanted nothing to do with me sort of thing .
It was grim with the rain but the locals were w**kers to say the least . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Glasgow - no thanks 

I disagree NR the people who i ran into on the two trips there looked at me like i was on some stag do looking for hookers and coke , they wanted nothing to do with me sort of thing .
It was grim with the rain but the locals were w**kers to say the least . 

I would say the only hookers and coke you would be interested in is a can of cola at a Connaght rugby game in Galway 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:27pm

Lille was a bit of a dump now to think of it. Ruined a great night.  Couldn't find any bars in town open so got a taxi back to the accommo.

I know now there were some places open.

The town square was nice enough I thought. 

In 2009 we stayed just outside Bari in a place called San Michele. It looked like the setting of the tv series Gomorrah.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2020 at 8:56pm
One of my favourite aways was in Cardiff when McClean scored the winner. Best away atmosphere and the City center wasn't as bad as people make out. A good point by the walls, which would be the worst to live in. It would have to be Chisinau for me followed by Gelsenkirchen
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic