You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Betting on Ireland to qualify as Insurance

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by tipp86 tipp86 wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by irish_major irish_major wrote:

Most simple thing to do is open up a PP phone account, they treble the odds of your first 50 quid bet! Simples 

Sure but why not safeguard that €50 by laying the bet elsewhere.

Im not even sure if the above statement you made is 100% correct and would have to see it in writing to believe it.

Lets assume it is true. Put €50 on a 4/1 shot they treble odds you  claim. Now you stand to win €600 on the bet. Lay them at 5.1 on betfair for €205 and then stand to make €395 risk free.

By all means do the SIMPLE thing and risk your hard earned money. Im just here to offer guys advise on free insurance considering how financially tough i see people are finding this trip.

Well, the best way is to put €50 on a 4/1 shot, trebled you win €600. Lay on betfair at 5.1, but lay €325. If the bet wins, you make €600 off paddy power but lose €325 on betfair (€275 profit). If the bet loses, you lose €50 with paddy power but make €325 on betfair (again a €275 profit). All around winning!!

Think your maths is a little off as 5.1 on betfair is 4.1/1 in normal terms. Fractions & decimals. Its most likely my fault as i probably overlapped them in my writings above. If anyone wants detailed explanations of what to do il try and help via pm.

You're right sorry. Put your €50 on a 4/1 shot with paddy power, trebled to 12/1, you make €600 if it comes in. Lay on betfair at 5.1, €543.44, if the bet comes in, you make €56.56 profit. If the bet doesn't come in, you lose €50 with paddy power and make €106.56 (€543.44/5.1) on betfair, €56.56 profit.

Not €325 or €395, but free money nonetheless.
Sponsored Links

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:33pm
€60 on at 4's, €50 matched so €500 back and will throw €20 in us to finish second to spain as well
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 12:48pm

Most simple thing to do is open up a PP phone account, they treble the odds of your first 50 quid bet! Simples 

Im not even sure if the above statement you made is 100% correct and would have to see it in writing to believe it.

Lets assume it is true. Put €50 on a 4/1 shot they treble odds you  claim. Now you stand to win €600 on the bet. Lay them at 5.1 on betfair for €205 and then stand to make €395 risk free.

By all means do the SIMPLE thing and risk your hard earned money. Im just here to offer guys advise on free insurance considering how financially tough i see people are finding this trip.

Well, the best way is to put €50 on a 4/1 shot, trebled you win €600. Lay on betfair at 5.1, but lay €325. If the bet wins, you make €600 off paddy power but lose €325 on betfair (€275 profit). If the bet loses, you lose €50 with paddy power but make €325 on betfair (again a €275 profit). All around winning!!

Think your maths is a little off as 5.1 on betfair is 4.1/1 in normal terms. Fractions & decimals. Its most likely my fault as i probably overlapped them in my writings above. If anyone wants detailed explanations of what to do il try and help via pm.

You're right sorry. Put your €50 on a 4/1 shot with paddy power, trebled to 12/1, you make €600 if it comes in. Lay on betfair at 5.1, €543.44, if the bet comes in, you make €56.56 profit. If the bet doesn't come in, you lose €50 with paddy power and make €106.56 (€543.44/5.1) on betfair, €56.56 profit.

Free money agreed, alot of an outlay though! I dont understand why simple is in huge writing, it kind of cares me! Anyway, ill just be throwing the 50 something i think is value on paddypower before hand, maybe a 4/1 shot. Make 600 big ones if it comes in. 
However for anyone wanting to back Ireland to qualify from the group I would suggest this is the best way of doing it
Here we go again
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 3:56pm

Ya i cant be bothered doing the math to see if your correct or not as the treble the odds bet is bullsh*t as i expected it to be. This is not a possible offer to get from PP as i rang them.

The offer available is bet €50 get a €50 free bet

Everything i explained above is possible with the above offer as that was what i was basing it on. In short use your first €50 bet on a prem match and use the €50 free bet on the Irish bet. Lay the first bet that is real money on betfair and ensure you have a risk free bet.

@Irish Major. My emphasis on the SIMPLE word is that sure go ahead gamble away your money if ya want. Im just offering people €50 free for 20 minutes work. They could essentially make €45 euro in €20 miinutes or else have a €50 free bet on Ireland @4/1.

If i told you there was €45 euro free if you drive over the road 20 minutes would you do it?

Even if i was filthy rich simple would not be for me its not in my nature. 

Oh yes and you mention a huge outlay. Without fully researching i would guess its a €200 outlay. If someone told you that you could go to the shop and buy €245 for €200 would you go to the shop?

Edited by tipp86 - 02 May 2012 at 3:58pm
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

How much are people putting on Ireland to qualify to cover getting to Kiev?? Odds have been cut since people started doing it which is a kick in the balls. Think will put €60 down @ 4's which will give me €50 matched on a new account, gives €500 back
I got 5/1 with William Hill to qualify and bet €200.
Coming home from Poland after Italy game and hopefully heading back out.

tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

How much are people putting on Ireland to qualify to cover getting to Kiev?? Odds have been cut since people started doing it which is a kick in the balls. Think will put €60 down @ 4's which will give me €50 matched on a new account, gives €500 back

The current best price is 9/2 with bwin.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Remember you posting that before and stuck in my head was was sickened when I missed it! Have refundable accom in Kiev for €55 for two nights so €450 should cover me for travel and expenses fingers crossed
grazza View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grazza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:28pm
F**k me, I've never been so confused reading a thread!!

You put 50 on at 5.1 and get 500 at 4/1 and put that free bet on with PP and get 4's on Ireland and then you come win 600!?!?!  AARRGGHH Wacko
WTF - somebody simplify this for me please.......in 1 sentence please!!
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:33pm
Cheers for the heads up on that 9/1 nvidic
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by grazza grazza wrote:

You put 50 on at 5.1 and get 500 at 4/1 and put that free bet on with PP and get 4's on Ireland and then you come win 600!?!?!  AARRGGHH Wacko

In one sentence 

"Follow my instructions and you get a free bet on Ireland with no risk."

I decided to simplify this for guys ok

1. Open a new PP account ( has to be new )

2. Open a betfair account or use your current account with them.

3. Place €50 on PP for Fulham to beat Sunderland.

4. Lay Fulham on Betfair for €51 ( your liability ( what you can lose ) will be €49.47.

5. Potential Result 

Fulham win you have €47.62 profit with PP and lose €49.47 on Betfair = €1.85 loss

Fulham lose means you lose €50 on PP and win €51 - 5% commision €2.55 = €48.45 = €1.55 loss

6. Both options result in a small loss but for this small loss we get a €50 free bet on Ireland @ 4/1. This roughly gives us a €1.55 bet @ odds of 129/1.

Its not one sentence but surely its simplified. Again if anyone has any confusion il happily help via pm/facebook/phone.

Now people dont ever be saying the new posters since the euros arent helpful. Give the 1 post guys a chance.
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by grazza grazza wrote:

In one sentence 

"Follow my instructions and you get a free bet on Ireland with no risk."

I decided to simplify this for guys ok

1. Open a new PP account ( has to be new )

2. Open a betfair account or use your current account with them.

3. Place €50 on PP for Fulham to beat Sunderland.

4. Lay Fulham on Betfair for €51 ( your liability ( what you can lose ) will be €49.47.

5. Potential Result 

Fulham win you have €47.62 profit with PP and lose €49.47 on Betfair = €1.85 loss

Fulham lose means you lose €50 on PP and win €51 - 5% commision €2.55 = €48.45 = €1.55 loss

6. Both options result in a small loss but for this small loss we get a €50 free bet on Ireland @ 4/1. This roughly gives us a €1.55 bet @ odds of 129/1.

Its not one sentence but surely its simplified. Again if anyone has any confusion il happily help via pm/facebook/phone.

Now people dont ever be saying the new posters since the euros arent helpful. Give the 1 post guys a chance.

Jaysus thats alot better! Thanks alot! Clap
Simples View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:08pm
I'll be taking the 9/1 as well, 2nd to Spain.
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 9:28am
What happens if its a draw LOL
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
tipp86 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

What happens if its a draw LOL

Part 5 

The second option a lay covers a loss and draw. 

erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 1:38pm
Throwing 50notes ew on jedward in the eurovision
Thatll be my cash for ukraine!
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 8:28pm
Just a note, you have to sign up from the promotional link to be entitled to a free 50 euro bet. They seem to have taken it of the homepage but i found it here:
http://www.paddypower.com/betting/about-us/
Mr.Mojo Risin' View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

pray for Mojo!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mojo Risin' Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:43am
Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

Just a note, you have to sign up from the promotional link to be entitled to a free 50 euro bet. They seem to have taken it of the homepage but i found it here:

So you only get a 25 euro free bet really.
Ahh heya!
mouldymould View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mouldymould Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 2:50am
Originally posted by Mr.Mojo Risin' Mr.Mojo Risin' wrote:

Originally posted by mouldymould mouldymould wrote:

So you only get a 25 euro free bet really.

The 25 euro thing is an old offer. I just placed the 50 euro free bet on Ireland to qualify at 10/3.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic