You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Better Call Saul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Bob Odenkirk collapsed on set last night and was rushed to hospital,while Filming season 6 of BCS.

I hope he’s ok. Great great actor and I love this show

Yeah have been following the story. Hope he pulls through and was nothing too serious like heart issue. Better Called Saul is brilliant. Some episodes in the last season that would easily rank up there with some of the classics from breaking bad, which for me it's hard to choose between that and Sopranos as the greatest of all time (rewatching sopranos at the moment, on S6, didn't remember that the quality dropped off as much in S6 compared with the others).

Yeah I absolutely love Breaking Bad. Better Call Saul is excellent. It’s more of a slow burner but as you said it really ramped up in the last series. Would be a shame if they couldn’t finish it out. Hopefully he pulls through whatever has happened to him.

Incidentally I’m currently watching The Sopranos for the first time! Half way through season 3 and can definitely see why people say it’s the greatest of all time. Can’t believe it too me this long to watch it 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:09pm
Ah yeah it really is class, even me saying S6 had a bit of a drop off is really splitting hairs trying to find some sort of fault between BB and Sopranos so to determine the best. S6 still really good. Just S2->5 are just so good. 

Getting more worried about Bob Odenkirk. The fact there is no medical news coming. Co-Stars seeem worried 

Edited by t_rAndy - 28 Jul 2021 at 9:10pm
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 9:51pm

Ah yeah it really is class, even me saying S6 had a bit of a drop off is really splitting hairs trying to find some sort of fault between BB and Sopranos so to determine the best. S6 still really good. Just S2->5 are just so good. 

Getting more worried about Bob Odenkirk. The fact there is no medical news coming. Co-Stars seeem worried 

Yeah it's very odd and worrying it's gone this long without an update 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2021 at 10:17pm
BCS is great, so many diverse characters. Preferred the earlier series though, has become a bit cliched as the narco storyline took prominence. Jimmy's grifting in the first couple of series was great fun. I find myself warming to Jimmy while at the same time getting annoyed with myself for it. Mike Ermantrout is the star performer for me by a mile.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 3:36am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I gave up on Breaking Bad after, I think, 2 seasons. Never finished it. Can't understand how the Saul character got his own show based on what I saw of him in Breaking Bad. He was a mildly entertaining diversion, not someone you'd build a show around.

Apparently BCS is better than BB, though.

Must give it a shot some time.

The last 3 seasons were way better then the first 2 so you picked the worst time to stop although many also quit at the same point. BCS is better then the first 2 seasons of BB but not better then the rest of them. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 9:05am
Looks like he had a heart related incident  but he is going to be OK according to his son.

All these cardiac arrests and heart attacks recently really make you think about your own health and getting a full lookout of the auld ticker

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 1:14pm
Saul Goodman thankfully 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:00pm
Final series started last week. One of the best shows of the last 20 years. I think it has actually surpassed Breaking Bad now. Can't wait to see how they wind it all together 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2022 at 10:06pm
It's iconic in its own way. Not sure about surpassing breaking bad comment, just think the Walt-Jessie chemistry was so unique. 
But unmissable and I will be really sad when it finishes.

Already wondering if there is any other fork you could add to keep 'the universe' alive. 

For example, something post El Camino. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 26 Apr 2022 at 10:07pm
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 9:31am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Final series started last week. One of the best shows of the last 20 years. I think it has actually surpassed Breaking Bad now. Can't wait to see how they wind it all together 

Thumbs Up
This
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 10:05am
Is this all on Netflix or releasing one at a time?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2022 at 10:06am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Is this all on Netflix or releasing one at a time?

On Netflix and releasing one episode at a time. 3 episodes currently available for the final season
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 3:32pm
I'll wait so. How many episodes this season?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2022 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

13 episodes split in two. 7 in this batch, last 6 in July and August. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 12:34am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

13 episodes split in two. 7 in this batch, last 6 in July and August. 

Great series. 

Anyone else underwhelmed by Season 6 so far?

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 9:49pm
Those who skipped this series are really missing out. Maybe a but similar to Breaking bad in that first season or two there wasaybe no big epic episodes but just plugged away but each season has got better and this last season, frankly the episodes are right up there with breaking bad's best. 
Plus it's basically just breaking bad 2.0 at this stage
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:05pm

Cracker of an episode tonight Clap
El Puto Amo
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 10:13pm

Those who skipped this series are really missing out. Maybe a but similar to Breaking bad in that first season or two there wasaybe no big epic episodes but just plugged away but each season has got better and this last season, frankly the episodes are right up there with breaking bad's best. 
Plus it's basically just breaking bad 2.0 at this stage

I think its surpassed Breaking Bad. The desert episode last season is up there with The Sopranos forest episode for me as one of the best in television history.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic