You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Better Call Saul

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 8:24pm
The latest episode Thumbs Up

How phenomenal is Rhea Seehorn that bus scene
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Was the second last we episode not out today?
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:38pm
[QUOTE=lassassinblanc]The latest episode Thumbs Up

[/QUOT
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 10:49pm

It was a remarkable piece of acting.......the elongated break in scene didn't ring true considering how meticulous 'Gene" was in earlier planning using the stop watch etc.....the scene was obvious a conduit so that Jeffie would get nabbed by the police and his mother would find 'Saul'. I thought that scene was a bit far fetched considering how much she trusted 'Gene' previously 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 11:50am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Was the second last we episode not out today?

Yeah, I believe there is one last episode
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

It was a remarkable piece of acting.......the elongated break in scene didn't ring true considering how meticulous 'Gene" was in earlier planning using the stop watch etc.....the scene was obvious a conduit so that Jeffie would get nabbed by the police and his mother would find 'Saul'. I thought that scene was a bit far fetched considering how much she trusted 'Gene' previously 

Yeah, it seemed to go a little left field with the Gene part.

I think she start having doubts about him though in the previous episode when she seen them all coming out of the garage late at night, she even asked about how the other lad was involved in Jeffie getting arrested which I think lopped back to her doing some digging.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:35pm
And it's over for Jimmy, Saul and Gene....found the final episode a little too clean and tidy. Liked the nod to Dostoevsky with the ultimate redemption of Jimmy. He could have taken the 7 years but chose the other way. Overall it was fantastic TV. I followed this by watching the final episode of series 2 of Succession (good but predicable end) - a challenge to understand that both series are about the same country.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:46pm
The last few episodes were a bit of a wrap up of all loose ends even from Breaking Bad but without too much drama, well done but the huge high moments of the series came earlier in the season around the midway point with Mike, Lalo, Gus, Harold etc. 
But still very enjoyable overall and good to know how Jimmy/Saul's story finishes.

Wonder if there is anything left to do with the Breaking Bad universe now after the endings we have seen in Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and El Camino? Can't really see an angle. I think that's a wrap

Edited by t_rAndy - 17 Aug 2022 at 12:48pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:38pm
Not sure where more they can go with Breaking Bad as you say they've now wrapped up the main triangle of  the protagonists 

In Walter. Jesse and now Saul

The only others they could go and see what happens with would be Skyler (though she is mentioned in on episode basically saying she got a deal with DEA so is probably just in prison or Witness Protection)

Walt Jr. similar but not mentioned at all that I can remember.

I for one enjoyed the ending it was good to see that despite the leasy guy he was when he was Saul Goodman, the kind passionate person within Jimmy never really truly died and the only way he could find peace (like he said Kim has) was to pay his time, you could see a sudden switch when he heard that Kim had come clean. 

As I remarked before about Rhea Seehorn, the scene with the two of them in the prison and at the gates was just a truly remarkable piece of acting more so with their body language rather than anyway they delivered lines.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 1:45pm
Maybe a Huell spin off?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Maybe a Huell spin off?

Maybe something with the Mexican side of the story. 

Or they create a new universe for us with the next project. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:45pm
Found the finale a bit underwhelming to be honest. His decision to throw it all away for nothing just lacked any real logic.

I kind of sat there staring at the credits like I did at the end of the Sopranos for 2-3 minutes, thinking, was that f**king it? LOL
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 7:53am
Ah I really like it. Jimmy gets a redemption of sorts. Walts dies, Jessie gets away and Saul goes away is the perfect way to end 15 years of story telling. Great show
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Found the finale a bit underwhelming to be honest. His decision to throw it all away for nothing just lacked any real logic.

I kind of sat there staring at the credits like I did at the end of the Sopranos for 2-3 minutes, thinking, was that f**king it? LOL

Agreed. 

Made no sense  

Nor did the original reduction to 7 years.

And especially his 'respect ' in prison. 

A guy like Saul would be eaten alive in a maximum security prison
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Agreed. 

Made no sense  

He threw it away to save Kim, who he was about to throw under a bus to save himself a bugger sentence. Kim gets word and shows up to see what bother she's in, he sees her and can't go through with it. 

7 years was as they were afraid he'd persuade a jury, and whatever dirt he fed them 

The respect was as he would have represented their mates and people like them, worked with and for criminals and dodgy f**kers others wouldn't have gone near 

I enjoyed it 

Edited by nvidic - 18 Aug 2022 at 8:41pm
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:17am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Agreed. 

Made no sense  

He threw it away to save Kim, who he was about to throw under a bus to save himself a bugger sentence. Kim gets word and shows up to see what bother she's in, he sees her and can't go through with it. 

7 years was as they were afraid he'd persuade a jury, and whatever dirt he fed them 

The respect was as he would have represented their mates and people like them, worked with and for criminals and dodgy f**kers others wouldn't have gone near 

I enjoyed it 

Kim.had already confessed in writing. 

when he had them to 7 years I tought that's what he'd do and we'd get a CODA at the end "10 years later " and see him back at what he does best - ambulance chasing lawyer ...

So I was a bit disappointed with that ending, even though it is a closure ending, him back as a lawyer just leaves it open to endless seasons/spinoiffs etc.

But let's be honest, Saul would not have passed on that 7 year sentence - for 80+ years ... in the worst max security hellhole - no f*cking way.

Should have made it so, there never was a 7 year deal ....

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 12:37am
Only watched two seasons of Breaking Bad, I think, before calling it quits. Must give it another go but the sheer material of stuff to get through including this and El Camino is a bit daunting. Hear this is supposed to be brilliant, though. Remember when this was announced thinking it was amazing Saul got his own show as I didn't think the actor or character was strong enough to pull it off.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2022 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Only watched two seasons of Breaking Bad, I think, before calling it quits. Must give it another go but the sheer material of stuff to get through including this and El Camino is a bit daunting. Hear this is supposed to be brilliant, though. Remember when this was announced thinking it was amazing Saul got his own show as I didn't think the actor or character was strong enough to pull it off.

Skip El Camino. Its boring.

Edited by B6 6HE - 19 Aug 2022 at 10:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic