You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 6:48am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

These last few posts on this thread sum up why I don't bother watching the studio analysis and just sum up why my time is better spent doing bits of housework during half-time etc. I'm clearly not missing anything, am I? LOL

It says it all about how bad the BeIN sports coverage is that I'd rather watch BT.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Damien Duff take a bow. Early chance for Liverpool and Duff tells us Shaquiri would have preferred it on his favoured right foot...and his a coach. " Make sure you get him on his right foot" Duff tells Celtic defenders...
I had RTE 2 on for a minute before Duff said something along the lines of " there's no one tougher to beat at Anfield than Liverpool" Fascinating insight into Duff's experience of playing at Anfield.
We're the green and white of Killarney, f**k Athletic and the British army
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

These last few posts on this thread sum up why I don't bother watching the studio analysis and just sum up why my time is better spent doing bits of housework during half-time etc. I'm clearly not missing anything, am I? LOL
No. But as I have found out, you don't miss much when the football is on either! LOL
I know, there's times I wish there was an option for crowd atmosphere only with no commentary on BT Sports, otherwise you might as well watch it with the volume down - Darren Fletcher's voice in particular would just go right through you (like listening to Chris Moyles)! At least they had the sense to move Michael Owen out of the commentary box to the studio after a couple of season - he was even worse than Fletcher! Dead  And don't get me started on that toe-curling ad for their coverage in their 1st season which showed MO rehearsing commentary and then re-anacting his own goals when the fella training him popped out for a moment...

That's why I watched last night's game on RTE. Not perfect either but better than BT. 

@Huntacha - Those 2 ex-Sky Sports gimps, messrs Keys & Gray still present the BeIn coverage don't they?  I watched their build-up to an EPL game a couple of years ago when I first started using IPTV and quickly went over to a different stream!  Absolute cringe watching those 2 talking sh*te to each other.  Disapprove

Edited by ConorMac77 - 08 May 2019 at 8:54am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:08am
Ye they're on BeIN most days of the week. Hard to believe that they were considered ground-breaking in terms of football coverage in the early Sky era.If it wasn't for unreliable streams, I'd watch Sky, BT, or RTE. 

There was a fantastic display of irony a couple of weeks ago when Carrie Brown (who does a lot of the pitchside stuff for them) became chairperson of the Football Writers Association, should have seen them congratulating her. It couldn't have been more awkward. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic