Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:11am
Enjoyed those Keane and Richards videos of them driving to Wembley

Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Clive and Ally far better than George and Ronnie. 

I have Sky TV so haven't really had UTV for ages. But for these Euros I've added it through the manual tuning as I am really struggling to enjoy their commentary.

Was good to hear Clive and Ally again. Brought back CL night memories  

However, I noticed with Ally, he would often just reply with 'absolutely, definitely, you are absolutely right' without then expanding on what Clive was teeing him up to offer insight into.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Keane was class in them. I loved when he was saying "Patrick's lost another job sure that's why he is here, that's why we are all f**king here" LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have Sky TV so haven't really had UTV for ages. But for these Euros I've added it through the manual tuning as I am really struggling to enjoy their commentary.

However, I noticed with Ally, he would often just reply with 'absolutely, definitely, you are absolutely right' without then expanding on what Clive was teeing him up to offer insight into.

I have sky too, why would that prevent you from seeing UTV or STV or ITV London etc. you can get them all on Sky as you know. 

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Jun 2021 at 12:38pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:39pm
Keane has become the Simon Cowell that of football 
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:46pm
I had to turn off the Keane & Micah sh*te after about a minute. Thought it was awful cringey stuff. I didn't figure Keane was the type to do one of those pally road trip shows. Richards is just annoying at this stage. He'd laugh at a fly landing on the wall. 

Edited by irishmufc - 16 Jun 2021 at 12:46pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Ahh big odds.

Sure even if a female pundit was talking sh*te and you said it on here you’d be accused of being something or other
Case in point, Karen Carney saying about Leeds being lucky to get promoted and had it not been for covid they wouldn’t have gone up. 

They’re all fantastic pundits and know the game inside out. 

RB, that's not the point though. My real criticism was of the comment about Lyndon Dykes and the parallel drawn, using that term. It wouldn't matter if the pundit was good or bad, I found the comment objectionable and I called it out. If I wanted to get into it in greater detail the lower grade comments about the selection of female pundits exclusively for gender 'balance' also bug me, especially when it comes to pundits like Hayes who is hugely experienced in coaching, in both the US, and the UK. In fact, she has been a trailblazer in terms of best practice.

Clap

We're well past the stupid female comments Baggio, grow up
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:51pm

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I have sky too, why would that prevent you from seeing UTV or STV or ITV London etc. you can get them all on Sky as you know. 

I know I had UTV through the manual tuning but I just hadn't gone to the trouble of setting it up and consumed all my ITV produced shows though Virgin or CL through Virgin or BT or RTE. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I had to turn off the Keane & Micah sh*te after about a minute. Thought it was awful cringey stuff. I didn't figure Keane was the type to do one of those pally road trip shows. Richards is just annoying at this stage. He'd laugh at a fly landing on the wall. 
Another Trap Junior diary entry incoming... LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 1:01pm

Yes enjoyed them also,Keane with some great lines 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Yes enjoyed them also,Keane with some great lines 
Was surprised how good they are. They’ve a good chemistry 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Ahh big odds.

Sure even if a female pundit was talking sh*te and you said it on here you’d be accused of being something or other
Case in point, Karen Carney saying about Leeds being lucky to get promoted and had it not been for covid they wouldn’t have gone up. 

They’re all fantastic pundits and know the game inside out. 

RB, that's not the point though. My real criticism was of the comment about Lyndon Dykes and the parallel drawn, using that term. It wouldn't matter if the pundit was good or bad, I found the comment objectionable and I called it out. If I wanted to get into it in greater detail the lower grade comments about the selection of female pundits exclusively for gender 'balance' also bug me, especially when it comes to pundits like Hayes who is hugely experienced in coaching, in both the US, and the UK. In fact, she has been a trailblazer in terms of best practice.

Clap

We're well past the stupid female comments Baggio, grow up

Suppose they can make the tea when the games going on for the other pundits

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 2:19pm
RB, you really don't need to double down on it. You're a damn good poster. But you made an unnecessary and offensive joke and are now going down the 'make the tea line'. I'm sure you'd call it satire, but in the context of this thread its a thing that doesnt need to be fed.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 2:27pm

RB, you really don't need to double down on it. You're a damn good poster. But you made an unnecessary and offensive joke and are now going down the 'make the tea line'. I'm sure you'd call it satire, but in the context of this thread its a thing that doesnt need to be fed.

Easy catch there 

As i said, relax and know when someone is clearly joking

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 3:00pm
I said "I'm sure you'd call it satire', so I acknowledged that, so there was no 'catching'. Also, the original joke, was offensive, so I wasn't prepared to 'relax and know...'.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 3:21pm
I love Baggio during the Summer LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 3:38pm

Easy catch there 

As i said, relax and know when someone is clearly joking

Does it have to be funny to be a joke Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 6:56pm
John Hartson on co-commentary is surely a form of torture.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718>
  Share Topic