Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Scotland had a blonde Dyke up front today

The player's name is actually Dykes.

Your joke doesn't work and is offensive at the same time.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 1:48pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:36pm
LOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:37pm
the poor woman had twins in the last few years and one of them was still born.  Won the league this year with Chelsea and got them to the champions league final. Coming across as a very good pundit on ITV imo.  Clearly knows the game and is resilient. 
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 3:40pm
Jaysus Baggio. 
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 4:02pm
Careful Baggio you might offend someone!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

the poor woman had twins in the last few years and one of them was still born.  Won the league this year with Chelsea and got them to the champions league final. Coming across as a very good pundit on ITV imo.  Clearly knows the game and is resilient. 

Earlier this year she was linked with the AFC Wimbledon job, and rather than paying lip service, or giving credence to the condescending "well she could break the glass ceiling by taking a job in the men's game"mantra, she made clear that she had the "best job in the world", and that no money would tempt her away from it. And she was right. With Chelsea, she has access to the best players, and the best resources, she has also won plenty of top honours. She is way, way more qualified than many of the spoofers who knock around punditry, or the managers in the lower leagues whose CV's extend to putting out cones in the Championship, or at best have spent all their careers managing in the lower leagues. And I'd go further and even say better than many of the established, top level ones too.

Edited by Het-field - 15 Jun 2021 at 4:25pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Earlier this year she was linked with the AFC Wimbledon job, and rather than paying lip service, or giving credence to the condescending "well she could break the glass ceiling by taking a job in the men's game"mantra, she made clear that she had the "best job in the world", and that no money would tempt her away from it. And she was right. With Chelsea, she has access to the best players, and the best resources, she has also won plenty of top honours. She is way, way more qualified than many of the spoofers who knock around punditry, or the managers in the lower leagues whose CV's extend to putting out cones in the Championship, or at best have spent all their careers managing in the lower leagues. And I'd go further and even say better than many of the established, top level ones too.

But but but Baggio thinks she looks like a lesbian.  
AKA pedantic kunt
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
I see Eni Aluko has rocked up in her pyjamas on ITV. I know it's a pandemic and everything but she could at least make some effort.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 6:42pm
Some awfully insecure males on this forum.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 8:03pm
Clive and Ally far better than George and Ronnie. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 9:44pm

Relax lads. I know nothing about her and never judged her punditry
She has a very very deep voice is all I know 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 9:54pm

Relax lads. I know nothing about her and never judged her punditry
She has a very very deep voice is all I know 

I think the fact you didn’t judge her punditry but presumed her sexuality based on her voice is the point.  A classic case of ignorance displaying itself proudly.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 9:57pm
Ahh big odds.

Sure even if a female pundit was talking sh*te and you said it on here you’d be accused of being something or other
Case in point, Karen Carney saying about Leeds being lucky to get promoted and had it not been for covid they wouldn’t have gone up. 

They’re all fantastic pundits and know the game inside out. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Jun 2021 at 9:58pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:17pm

Ahh big odds.

Sure even if a female pundit was talking sh*te and you said it on here you’d be accused of being something or other
Case in point, Karen Carney saying about Leeds being lucky to get promoted and had it not been for covid they wouldn’t have gone up. 

Rubbish there are many poor female pundits just like there are many poor male pundits imo and nobody is stopping you calling out someone for their ability to do their job. I think lisa Fallon is excellent and there are one or two more that are really good.  Karen Carney is one of the poorer pundits in my view along with Stephen Kelly and Kevin Doyle and Frank Lampard and Jamie Redknapp..

Edited by Baldrick - 15 Jun 2021 at 10:18pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 10:19pm
Micah Richards is the worst pundit of all I think. Says very little of interest at all really, but gets away with it because he's affable and likeable
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 9:54am
Got some chuckles reading this !!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 11:05am

Ahh big odds.

RB, that's not the point though. My real criticism was of the comment about Lyndon Dykes and the parallel drawn, using that term. It wouldn't matter if the pundit was good or bad, I found the comment objectionable and I called it out. If I wanted to get into it in greater detail the lower grade comments about the selection of female pundits exclusively for gender 'balance' also bug me, especially when it comes to pundits like Hayes who is hugely experienced in coaching, in both the US, and the UK. In fact, she has been a trailblazer in terms of best practice.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 18>
  Share Topic