Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Soccer Saturday has become so pro-English (not UK, specifically English) and anti-everything else in any of the clips I've seen recently. You'd have thought that Tuchel was going to banish Mason Mount to the reserves to rot they way Stelling and Merson went on.

Used to be entertaining, but very embarrassing nowadays.
The irony being that Sky is the reason that the top level of English football is a globalised league with little or no connection to the country it is played in.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 2:14pm
isn’t that brexit in a nutshell 
AKA pedantic kunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

isn’t that brexit in a nutshell 
Yes, but there may be some long-term good for England out of Brexit, even if it based on lessons learned! I am not sure what good can ever really come form the EPL having more and more money sloshing around in it.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Soccer Saturday has become so pro-English (not UK, specifically English) and anti-everything else in any of the clips I've seen recently. You'd have thought that Tuchel was going to banish Mason Mount to the reserves to rot they way Stelling and Merson went on.

Used to be entertaining, but very embarrassing nowadays.
The Soccer Saturday pundit formula is: three thick as pigsh*t white lads who read the Sun plus one non-offensive black lad who isn't very interesting but has the double advantage of fulfilling the balance quota and reaffirming the confirmation bias of the mainly white audience that black people shouldn't be pundits

Actually one of the white pundits occasionally might be a Scot who reads the Daily Record, this formula proceeds on a week to week basis

Edited by sid waddell - 20 Feb 2021 at 4:04pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 11:26pm
Do you have to wear one of those long sleeved polo shirt type tops to get on MOTD?

Them and those black trainers with white soles seem to be non negotiable these days for TV pundits 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Do you have to wear one of those long sleeved polo shirt type tops to get on MOTD?

Them and those black trainers with white soles seem to be non negotiable these days for TV pundits 

Smart casual
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:15am
What's our opinion on Micah Richards - I find his optimism refreshing even if you know anytime Keano is there you know he wants to cut him in two for thinking everything is great. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 9:19am
He's good entertainment, but not a great pundit. Doesn't offer much of interest
Him and Keane are a good double act though

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:09pm
Stephen Kelly. Seems like a lovely goy,but my God he drives me mad as a co-commentator. Mr state the f**king obvious. Offers no tactical insight. And just repeats exactly what’s happened on screen. Hard to believe he’s getting a gig 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 8:12pm
Good call very poor sounds a decent bloke though but not up for it. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Stephen Kelly. Seems like a lovely goy,but my God he drives me mad as a co-commentator. Mr state the f**king obvious. Offers no tactical insight. And just repeats exactly what’s happened on screen. Hard to believe he’s getting a gig 
Declan McBennett has destroyed RTE Television Sport

I've said this before but the proper roles of political and current affairs analysis and sports analysis have become inverted, certainly on RTE

RTE politics and current affairs analysis now routinely platforms Goebbels style professional contrarian gobsh*tes 

Yet the exact arena where you want a sh*t stirrer - sports analysis - has been continuously stripped of anybody who will say anything remotely controversial

Sports analysis is supposed to be light entertainment - sport is ultimately not very important

Politics and current affairs is important - yet it is now all too frequently treated as light entertainment

It's very frustrating

Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 3:06pm
Some fellas on Soccer Saturday seriously struggle with English, Clinton Morrison, Iain Dowie, Paul Person. It's as if they are not native English speakers.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 5:08pm
While he's far from insightful, Joe Cole suits the Saturday morning slot well. Much more laid back feel to it to the Sky guys in the afternoon games.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 6:45am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:12pm
Who’s the woman pundit on ITV highlights show with Scott Brown here?

Scotland had a blonde Dyke up front today and ITV have one in the studio now 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 14 Jun 2021 at 11:15pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2021 at 11:32pm

Who’s the woman pundit on ITV highlights show with Scott Brown here?

Emma Hayes manager of Chelsea women’s team.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 11:56am

Ah FFS Baggio, its Pride Month
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Ah FFS Baggio, its Pride Month

She looks good for 51. I thought she was around my age!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 18>
  Share Topic