You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best/worst pundits

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 6:48am
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

These last few posts on this thread sum up why I don't bother watching the studio analysis and just sum up why my time is better spent doing bits of housework during half-time etc. I'm clearly not missing anything, am I? LOL

It says it all about how bad the BeIN sports coverage is that I'd rather watch BT.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 7:00am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Damien Duff take a bow. Early chance for Liverpool and Duff tells us Shaquiri would have preferred it on his favoured right foot...and his a coach. " Make sure you get him on his right foot" Duff tells Celtic defenders...
I had RTE 2 on for a minute before Duff said something along the lines of " there's no one tougher to beat at Anfield than Liverpool" Fascinating insight into Duff's experience of playing at Anfield.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 8:52am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

These last few posts on this thread sum up why I don't bother watching the studio analysis and just sum up why my time is better spent doing bits of housework during half-time etc. I'm clearly not missing anything, am I? LOL
No. But as I have found out, you don't miss much when the football is on either! LOL
I know, there's times I wish there was an option for crowd atmosphere only with no commentary on BT Sports, otherwise you might as well watch it with the volume down - Darren Fletcher's voice in particular would just go right through you (like listening to Chris Moyles)! At least they had the sense to move Michael Owen out of the commentary box to the studio after a couple of season - he was even worse than Fletcher! Dead  And don't get me started on that toe-curling ad for their coverage in their 1st season which showed MO rehearsing commentary and then re-anacting his own goals when the fella training him popped out for a moment...

That's why I watched last night's game on RTE. Not perfect either but better than BT. 

@Huntacha - Those 2 ex-Sky Sports gimps, messrs Keys & Gray still present the BeIn coverage don't they?  I watched their build-up to an EPL game a couple of years ago when I first started using IPTV and quickly went over to a different stream!  Absolute cringe watching those 2 talking sh*te to each other.  Disapprove

Edited by ConorMac77 - 08 May 2019 at 8:54am
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2019 at 9:08am
Ye they're on BeIN most days of the week. Hard to believe that they were considered ground-breaking in terms of football coverage in the early Sky era.If it wasn't for unreliable streams, I'd watch Sky, BT, or RTE. 

There was a fantastic display of irony a couple of weeks ago when Carrie Brown (who does a lot of the pitchside stuff for them) became chairperson of the Football Writers Association, should have seen them congratulating her. It couldn't have been more awkward. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 8:08am
There’s a video doing the rounds of Stephen Warnock saying Red Star Belgrade are part-timers with plumbers in the squad. He was paid for that priceless information.

HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 10:25am

There’s a video doing the rounds of Stephen Warnock saying Red Star Belgrade are part-timers with plumbers in the squad. He was paid for that priceless information.

It seems he got that piece of “information” off one of those ‘football bible’ pages on Twitter, which proves even further how f*cking thick he is.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:15am

I watched it live LOL even Jim White who is a complete moron was taken aback by that statement from Warnock
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I watched it live LOL even Jim White who is a complete moron was taken aback by that statement from Warnock
Ffs, I can't say I'm remotely surprised by those buffoons. LOL

The same channel a few years ago had some muppet reading out a load of tweets from different footballers when he came across one from a German player and said he wouldn't read out the hashtag at the end because it sounded a bit dodgy.  The offending hashtag?  Only #dieMannschaft.  Now if he had done a bit of basic research (a Google search would have only taken a couple of seconds!), he would have found that 'mannschaft' is German for 'team'.  LOL

And that's supposed to be a sports 'news' channel! LOLEmbarrassed

Then again, as PM (iirc) once said, Sky News & Sky Sports News are merely broadcast versions of The S*n - that's really all you need to know about the levels of journalism they operate at. LOL
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:34pm
Wouldn't read out #dieMannschaft LOL LOL 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Wouldn't read out #dieMannschaft LOL LOL 
I know it sounds dodgy and not exactly wholesome pre-watershed , but if your man was refusing to read it out loud, he could at least have added what it translates as instead of making it look like he had done no research whatsoever and that he was totally ignorant and couldn't be arsed doing any research...which probably explains why he was on the broadcast version of the S*n after all. LOL
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 2:57pm

I’m actually struggling to remember when a pundit let fly with a comment, laced with a similar level of ignorance to this. The man was 10 when they won the European Cup.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:00pm
Tim Cahill on Match of the Day. He might be actually making some good points, but he is unbelievably boring to listen to, it's hard to pay attention.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:44pm
That accent should never be allowed on television!
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Tim Cahill on Match of the Day. He might be actually making some good points, but he is unbelievably boring to listen to, it's hard to pay attention.

He's like the Aussie version of the priest with the boring voice from Father Ted. There's asteroids with more life.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 2:28pm
And he had Jenas beside him calling the disallowed Villa goal one of the worst decisions he has ever seen in football LOL. It's a golden age for sh*t punditry.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

And he had Jenas beside him calling the disallowed Villa goal one of the worst decisions he has ever seen in football LOL. It's a golden age for sh*t punditry.

I didnt see that goal but generally i think Jenas is pretty decent.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2019 at 6:52pm

That accent should never be allowed on television!

It's an incredibly irritating accent.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2019 at 2:47pm
Micah Richards. No words.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 18>
  Share Topic