You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best town in Ireland for a stag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I'm just going to repeat this:

BOOOOOOOOAAAAAATTTSSSS!!!!

I like the boat idea dave, not being stuck in one place unless your haven the craic, but your talking about lads locked
getting on and off a boat
& B. Lads driving a boat while locked

is it not a disaster waiting to happen, no fatalities on your trip no?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

I like the boat idea dave, not being stuck in one place unless your haven the craic, but your talking about lads locked

Well, you tend to be a little bit hungover during the day - so you don't actually drink that much. Also, they don't go that fast. There is always one or two sober enough lads too, so it's grand. Plus, you obviously have to moor them at night - we tended to tie up by about seven or eight o'clock before going drinking properly. They are easy enough to get in and out of too. Over the four nights we were away, out of 19 of us, not one lad fell in the water (albeit I absolutely fecked my knee up on the last night in a dance-off related injury when we gatecrashed some girl's 30th birthday party in a pub in Terryglass).

In terms of the deposit, the only thing we suffered was a lost anchor. No idea how that happened but it was only about €20 extra each, so not much. I'm not sure I'd recommend it if you are only going away for one or two nights, but if you are going for a bit longer (say, over the August bank holiday weekend) then it definitely makes sense (albeit it is probably a fair bit pricier in August than it is in March, which is when we did it, two years ago).
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 3:35pm

Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

Well, you tend to be a little bit hungover during the day - so you don't actually drink that much. Also, they don't go that fast. There is always one or two sober enough lads too, so it's grand. Plus, you obviously have to moor them at night - we tended to tie up by about seven or eight o'clock before going drinking properly. They are easy enough to get in and out of too. Over the four nights we were away, out of 19 of us, not one lad fell in the water (albeit I absolutely fecked my knee up on the last night in a dance-off related injury when we gatecrashed some girl's 30th birthday party in a pub in Terryglass).

In terms of the deposit, the only thing we suffered was a lost anchor. No idea how that happened but it was only about €20 extra each, so not much. I'm not sure I'd recommend it if you are only going away for one or two nights, but if you are going for a bit longer (say, over the August bank holiday weekend) then it definitely makes sense (albeit it is probably a fair bit pricier in August than it is in March, which is when we did it, two years ago).

Ye Wedding is Paddy's weekend so March is about right, you are selling it Dave, fair play
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 3:42pm
Cork is a great place for a night out........everything central and some fantastic pubs. Kind gets in under the radar but i always enjoy being out on the lash down there.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:07pm
Hmm, I'm not entirely sure when they start hiring the boats out. I know when we did Paddy's weekend a couple of years back, it was the first weekend they rented the boats that year. They may not be available until that weekend - although of course I suppose money talks and if you said you wanted to hire three boats (we hired two 6+2 berth ones and an 8+2 berth one) it would probably come in around €2,500 for 20 of you, so I'd say they'd make it work.

Try these ones: http://www.cruise-ireland.com

(01) 278 1666
(048) 3834 4993

Sure ring them and see.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 4:56pm

Feck yeah, I just remembered - 19 of us hired three boats from Banagher for a stag. Absolutely brilliant craic. We went down the way rather than up the way, but still. If you went up, you could go to Athlone for a night out. If you go down, there are a few places with nice enough pubs (Terryglass, Killaloe etc). We were away for three or four days - if you only go for one or two, it might not suit so well, but if you are going for a few days, it is great craic.

Edit: I should add, it wasn't even that expensive. I think it worked out about €150 per person, for the boat hire for four days. Given that there was no need to pay for accommodation, it worked out as great value.
Yep would recommend this also, great bars along the way, only thing is been hungover on the water not a good combination plenty of sick down the sides of the boats but great craic all the same.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:03pm
Ballymena
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Ballymena

LOL
@AntrimMan85
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 1:20pm
A mate of mine from Switzerland is having his stag in Dublin in November.
Being from Dublin I've never had the need to book anywhere to stay here but his mate was on to me looking for some info on somewhere decent to stay, they don't really want a hostel but a basic hotel will do.
Also want to keep them out of temple bar for the weekend. All stags I've been on have been outside Dublin so had never really had to consider having problems getting into places. I reckon there'll be around 12-15 people going. Never really see stags outside temple bar is that because they aren't welcome?

FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by The Saint The Saint wrote:

Being from Dublin I've never had the need to book anywhere to stay here but his mate was on to me looking for some info on somewhere decent to stay, they don't really want a hostel but a basic hotel will do.
Also want to keep them out of temple bar for the weekend. All stags I've been on have been outside Dublin so had never really had to consider having problems getting into places. I reckon there'll be around 12-15 people going. Never really see stags outside temple bar is that because they aren't welcome?

just save yourself the hassle of even looking into this and just book into Coppers. You know you're going to end up there anyway.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 1:26pm

The hotel above the Bleeding Horse (Camden Court?) is OK, not to dear, no issues with stags staying and handy enough location.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 1:27pm

Tip is always bring into groups 3. Never arrive up in a big group of 15 lads.   
AKA pedantic kunt
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

Being from Dublin I've never had the need to book anywhere to stay here but h<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.4">is mate was on to me looking for some info on somewhere decent to stay, they don't really want a hostel but a basic hotel will do.</SPAN>

<SPAN style="LINE-HEIGHT: 1.4">Also want to keep them out of temple bar for the weekend. All stags I've been on have been outside Dublin so had never really had to consider having problems getting into places. I reckon there'll be around 12-15 people going. Never really see stags outside temple bar is that because they aren't welcome?</SPAN>

just save yourself the hassle of even looking into this and just book into Coppers. You know you're going to end up there anyway.

What Sausy said. Any of the hotels around Harcourt/Camden St . will be fine and they won't be expensive if booked in good time.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 2:51pm
harcourt hotel is ideal and you can get rooms for 3.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

harcourt hotel is ideal and you can get rooms for 3.

That's very cheap.

The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2013 at 3:28pm
Thanks lads Thumbs Up
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 4:30pm
Trying to organise 1 for early July.
Requirements - staying in ireland.
no further than 3 hours from Ennis.
Capable of catering for a big crowd.
Have considered spots like westport, achill island and can't see anything that jumps out.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 5:03pm
Sligo, Donegal, Bundoran, Westport, Galway, Dingle, Killarney, Kenmare, Killkenny and a few others.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Feb 2015 at 5:06pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic