You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best town in Ireland for a stag

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:20am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Heading to Killarney for a stag on the bank holiday weekend. Anyone ever been?

Any recomendations for decent boozers? Preferably pubs that don't do food. 

Kilarney is a good spot for a stag ,went to two down there.

The Speakeasy is a good spot for pints during the day,sport on TV/no food and bookies across the street.

There is a Lord of The Rings themed pub in the town,worth checking out for an hour or two.

Loads of good pubs down there.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 11:35am
Good stuff cheers Rossie.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:00pm
Reidys. Huge outdoor area and live music there at night time . Mix of all ages . Murphy's for a bit more of a traditional pub
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:29pm

sh*te spot for a stag esp in middle of summer.  Hire a bus and do a pub crawl of rural pubs 
AKA pedantic kunt
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 1:31pm
Reidys +1
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:34pm
Forgot about Reidys ,good spot alright.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

sh*te spot for a stag esp in middle of summer.  Hire a bus and do a pub crawl of rural pubs 

i'd agree with mcgoo! 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:59pm
Yah one of the lads mentioned Reidy's so will head there. 

We hired a bus and did a pub crawl in rural pubs in and around the Dingle peninsula before and it was good craic but we're hiring a bus as most of the lads are climbing Mount Carrauntohill so that'll take up the only full day we're there. Won't have time to pub crawl after it much as we'll be heading back to Killarney. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm
Mikes bar,The Celt,PJ o Briens. All great spots
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I’d love to see what you need for a good stag because Killarney is always rocking ideal spot for a stag loads of bars all very close to each other where would you go on bus to around Killarney that’s not better than Killarney itself??
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 8:11pm

Yah one of the lads mentioned Reidy's so will head there. 

We hired a bus and did a pub crawl in rural pubs in and around the Dingle peninsula before and it was good craic but we're hiring a bus as most of the lads are climbing Mount Carrauntohill so that'll take up the only full day we're there. Won't have time to pub crawl after it much as we'll be heading back to Killarney. 

What are the rest of you doing watching the lads climb the mountain:)  

Lived in killarney for a summer and have been back for stags.   

Between the usual tourist crowds and the fact it has a name as a stag venue makes it the very opposite.   

You are just part of the cattle mart or trough as you pass through.  It will be a stag like all the others.   If the  banter in the group a random rural pub crawl is the business.  
AKA pedantic kunt
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 8:02pm

Dan Linehans is a lovely dark pub which priorities lie in providing it's customers with the most perfect pint of Guinness. Jimmy Brians is worth a shout for a couple of pints also. Decent pub to watch a game in if you can fit in there. Husseys also do a lovely pint but don't think it's suitable for a stag. None of these bars do food. 

Reidys is ok but lots of pretentious ****s hang around there. The pint will cost you more also. It can be decent on a Sunday afternoon though if a good band are in. The Grand is the best place to end up if you can get in. The bar there is good and the Guinness even better. Would want to be there before 11pm to have any chance getting in as they can be strict. 

Brilliant town for a session with everything so close so enjoy Thumbs Up
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 4:12pm
Heading to hamburg nxt weekend, any ideas what to do during the day on saturday to stay out of the pub for a few hours?

Cans at a local match would be an idea if i could find a game lLOL
inlikeflynn View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote inlikeflynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Heading to hamburg nxt weekend, any ideas what to do during the day on saturday to stay out of the pub for a few hours?

When I was on a stag in Hamburg, we did a boat tour round the canals and the harbour. 

There's also a soviet submarine that you can visit and the miniature Wonderland
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by inlikeflynn inlikeflynn wrote:

When I was on a stag in Hamburg, we did a boat tour round the canals and the harbour. 

There's also a soviet submarine that you can visit and the miniature Wonderland

thanks, will have a look, just don't want to spend all day in a pub, we can do that at home
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 2:52pm
Heading to Prague next weekend for a stag that I’m organising....
Have booked shooting on the sat morning.

Any other ideas for activities close to the center?

Any good bars/ clubs etc 

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 3:48pm

Going there next Feb for a stag. Let me knw what stuff ye done 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 4:22pm

Hamburg and St Pauli are both away in the cup next weekend. However, a club nearby are at home in the cup: TUS Dassendorf v Dynamo Dresden. It is about an hour each way from Hamburg Hbf and kick off is half two, so you'd be back into Hamburg by six pm. The ticket system is integrated so the ticket covers the train and bus. A day ticket for zones A, B and C is €10.50 (it is cheaper than two singles), plus whatever the ticket costs. It is €18.90 for a group ticket which is valid from 9:30am til, I think, 3am the next day, for up to five people. Have a look here:

https://geofox.hvv.de/jsf/home.seam?execute=true&date=10.08.2019&time=14:00&language=en&start=Hamburg%20Hbf&startCity=Hamburg&startType=STATION&destination=Schule&destinationCity=Dassendorf&destinationType=STATION&timeIsDeparture=0&wayBy=train

That covers the transport. I would allow a bit longer for the change, however. The S bahn goes every 10 or 20 minutes from Hbf to Bergedorf, so I'd get the train to Bergedorf in good time to get the bus from there on out to Dassendorf. And here is a link for match tickets:

https://www.etix.com/ticket/p/8989392/tus-dassendorf-sg-dynamo-dresden-zwickau-ggz-arena?country=DE&language=de&cobrand=Dassendorf

The only thing is, I don't think there's much out by the stadium, though I imagine you'll be able to get cans or something like that.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 05 Aug 2019 at 4:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic