You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 53>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 11:41am
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Hang Dai on Camden St. 

Like Chinese tapas getting small plates of everything. Pork and duck were nice but their wings were the nicest.

Hang Dai is a bit of craic alright. It used to turn into a club later at night. I don't know if that's still the case. Tasty food. 

El Puto Amo
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Hang Dai on Camden St. 

Like Chinese tapas getting small plates of everything. Pork and duck were nice but their wings were the nicest.

Hang Dai is a bit of craic alright. It used to turn into a club later at night. I don't know if that's still the case. Tasty food. 

Is that named after what the guy from Deadwood used to say?

Think someone mentioned that place to me.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 07 Apr 2022 at 11:46am
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Hang Dai on Camden St. 

It's also a cool set up too. Yeah they said it was only starting back up as a late bar after covid, and that was the end of Jan that I was there. 
The dark side.. And the light
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 2:23pm
Arisu on Capel Street is one of my favourite spots ever, brilliant Korean food

Few nights in Galway there a month ago and can't recommend Oscar's Seafood Bistro highly enough, absolutely sensational

I'm based in Belfast and the restaurants here are excellent imo. Mourne Seafood Bar, Bo Tree Kitchen (Thai), EDO (Tapas with an Irish twist), Coppi, Il Pirata (both Italian) Kamakura, Ginza Kitchen (both Japanese), Cú is a taco place that's sensational and just opened up and then take your pick with Indian restaurants as well though my favourite is Sonali on the Lisburn Road. Little Wing is a stalwart pizza wise and some great burger spots about as well. 

Good eating in Belfast, and I've not even gone to a lot of the well known/highly rated ones like Muddlers Club, Ox and Shu LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Few nights in Galway there a month ago and can't recommend Oscar's Seafood Bistro highly enough, absolutely sensational

I'm based in Belfast and the restaurants here are excellent imo. Mourne Seafood Bar, Bo Tree Kitchen (Thai), EDO (Tapas with an Irish twist), Coppi, Il Pirata (both Italian) Kamakura, Ginza Kitchen (both Japanese), Cú is a taco place that's sensational and just opened up and then take your pick with Indian restaurants as well though my favourite is Sonali on the Lisburn Road. Little Wing is a stalwart pizza wise and some great burger spots about as well. 

Good eating in Belfast, and I've not even gone to a lot of the well known/highly rated ones like Muddlers Club, Ox and Shu LOL

More like sh*te. Thumbs Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 3:17pm
Yeah you're not the first that has said it's pretty crap to be honest, I'm still curious though to try it myself. Was at James St South there a few weeks ago and thought it was really overrated, considering the price and all I'd tell people to avoid it based off my experience. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 3:18pm

Bo Tree is my favourite restaurant in Belfast! 

Bengal Brasserie would be my favourite Indian restaurant.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 4:23pm
Was at the Dumpling Library in Belfast a few weeks back and would definitely recommend it. The bao buns are unreal.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bo Tree is my favourite restaurant in Belfast! 

Bengal Brasserie would be my favourite Indian restaurant.

Yeah Bengal is brilliant too, I've a soft spot for Sonali because it was one of the first ones I went to when I moved here and the owner couldn't do enough for us that night. I'm a soft touch LOL

Bo Tree though, one of the best I've ever had full stop, it's brilliant! Really reasonable price wise as well, I rave about it to everyone 

Dumpling Library is next on our list, heard great reports 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 6:42pm
Heading to Mourne Seafood Bar Wed week, looking forward to it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You up there for a meeting?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOLLOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 9:34pm
Someone ordering an onion bhaji always manages to elicit a s*****r from me no matter what kind of mood I'm in.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2022 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

LOLLOL

LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:29am
Had food from Chimac a few weeks ago and it was decent but little pricy 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Been wanting to try for a while
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 4:32pm

Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Been wanting to try for a while

Only heard of it from seeing this video, worth a go 

darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 4:48pm
Thought the chicken from Chimac seemed a bit black on the inside which reminded me of a manky KFC I had in Malaysia.
Hadn't really tried kimche before either, and don't think I was fully gone on it.
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 53>
  Share Topic