You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 53>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 10:11am
Acapulco - old fave. still top quality. love love mexican scoff
Opium (Wexford St) - unbelievable Thai food although i am not too gone on the venue. a restaurant that doubles as a bar. Hen parties galore. That aside, good value for money and great service. 
Proof pizza - quick bite before a gig at vicar street - bland, tasteless pizza. Had heard good things. Shame.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

Surprised Bobo's hasnt been mentioned, prefer it to Bunsen and Five Guys.  If i was going out for a meal I'd always choose Bobo's. Find Bunsen and Five Guys are more takeaway style ( extremely good quality in fairness, but id pick up a five guys for a quick bite before the cinema in Dundrum) 

Crap

In your opinion
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:25pm
Obviously it is his opinion! Unless he is speaking on behalf of somebody else.LOL
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 2:37pm

Acapulco - old fave. still top quality. love love mexican scoff
Opium (Wexford St) - unbelievable Thai food although i am not too gone on the venue. a restaurant that doubles as a bar. Hen parties galore. That aside, good value for money and great service. 
Proof pizza - quick bite before a gig at vicar street - bland, tasteless pizza. Had heard good things. Shame.

Love Mexican food myself. Went to the Hungry Mexican recently and thought it was very good. 
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 3:35pm
777 on George's Street is your man for Mexican. Bit pricey, but they do 7 uro plates on Sunday's. 

Going to Host in Ranelagh tomorrow evening. Don't know much about it, but reviews look good.

The chocolate shakes in Bunsen are what pushes it over the line for me re. burger joints, but those garlic butter chips in wow are wow Heart

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:27pm
Best steak I've had has been tomahawk in temple bar, bit pricey though.
Las Tapas del Lola on Camden St is great for Tapas too.

Went to Boeuf last week. Another steak place. Was grand but left still hungry. 
The dark side.. And the light
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 5:28pm
777 is an absolute f**king rip off - even on the days they do specials.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:28pm
For cheap-ish eats in Dublin, there's a spot called Masa down by Hairy Lemon that I relaly like. Does Tacos and mexican foods. Lots of plates for about 5-6 euro. probably need 2/3 for a feed but works out rasonbaly well. Get dinner for 2 and a few beers for €40/50
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

headed to Darwins on Sat night - expect it to be as good as the last two times
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

headed to Darwins on Sat night - expect it to be as good as the last two times
How’s the Delorean working out?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 9:29pm
Casita Mexicana in Killarney do amazing tapas. My favourite Restaurant there for the last couple of years
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 4:10pm
When ye find a good restaurant that you like do you just find yourself going back there all the time, or like to branch out more often?
Seems like there's a lot of places that myself and the other half talk about going to but usually end back in the same old places.
As kids, for any birthday celebration, communion or confirmation it was always Blakes in Stillorgan, then Joels opened at Newlands Cross and that was the parents new favorite place. The mother still wants to bring me there for birthdays.  
The dark side.. And the light
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 4:13pm

When ye find a good restaurant that you like do you just find yourself going back there all the time, or like to branch out more often?
Seems like there's a lot of places that myself and the other half talk about going to but usually end back in the same old places.
As kids, for any birthday celebration, communion or confirmation it was always Blakes in Stillorgan, then Joels opened at Newlands Cross and that was the parents new favorite place. The mother still wants to bring me there for birthdays.  

Bit of a trek for me but whenever i passed that place as a kid i was always taken by the american diner feel and wanted to check it out. Went about 3 years ago and couldnt wait to leave. Full of kids running around everywhere LOL
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:08pm

Bit of a trek for me but whenever i passed that place as a kid i was always taken by the american diner feel and wanted to check it out. Went about 3 years ago and couldnt wait to leave. Full of kids running around everywhere LOL
Its where all the yahoos from Tallaght,Clondalkin and Ballyfermot go for occasions. It’s like a Michelin restaurant to themLOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 5:32pm
Anything for Galway over here at the mo.
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 6:08pm
Bujo Heart

The best burger in Dublin 
Why no wine??!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Bujo Heart

The best burger in Dublin 
they still do the help yourself jalapeños and crispy onions?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2020 at 5:23am

Expected better from there tbh. Would rate FX Buckley's higher.

Shanahan's do a great early bird deal, think it's e50 per head for 3 course. It's a pretentious place, and it's pricey enough (to be expected given the place) but the steak was excellent. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 53>
  Share Topic