You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 53>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2019 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Best place for a burger these days?

Farmer Browns in Rathmines. Had an unbelievable burger there over the Christmas. Bit off your radar HB
Also had a meal in the restaurant above the Yellow House pub in rathfarnham. Moreilles,I think. French style. 3 courses for 35e. Best meal I’ve had in years. Highly recommend for folk out this way
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:06am

Bunsen for me, simple, no frills burger, tastiest burger meat you'll ever have. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:18am
Looks decent alright.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:50am

BuJo in Sandymount Green or Bunsen
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:03am
if your thinking of going to Mulinos D5 in the near future dont bother your bollix.
I got spinach with an order and whilst I was trying to get FABIOs attention who was combing his hair
in the mirror with a fork..a f**king fork ,the chef walked passed and asked was everything ok?
"Not really, Ive got sand/grit in the spinach". "Eh.." "No way' he says,"Couldnt be" "i washed that spinach myself.He f**ked off back into the kitchen not to be seen again.
Warm white wine and cold red wine,and a lovley big bill at the end,
Smashing bunch of lads altogether.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:11am
Trapped had issues here before when ordering drinks for a large party near closing. They took the other but never delivered the drinks and then said it was past closing time. At least that is what I remember happened.

I was there during the summer and it was better than expected.

I don't think the staff give a rats ass - but seem to be always doing reasonably well.

Edited by horsebox - 03 Jan 2019 at 10:12am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:20am
If Im eating in the area these days I go down to Mchughs opposite the Cedars HB.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:27am
Originally posted by Gigibongi33 Gigibongi33 wrote:

BuJo in Sandymount Green or Bunsen
BuJo do a fantastic breakfast burger. You can put on as much jalapeños as you like. Also a onion type salsa that you put on yourself Clap
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Farmer Browns in Rathmines. Had an unbelievable burger there over the Christmas. Bit off your radar HB
Also had a meal in the restaurant above the Yellow House pub in rathfarnham. Moreilles,I think. French style. 3 courses for 35e. Best meal I’ve had in years. Highly recommend for folk out this way

Must give this place a try Clap

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Bunsen for me, simple, no frills burger, tastiest burger meat you'll ever have. 

Yeah Bunsen burgers are great, not too big but very very tasty 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I have been to Koh (close to Jervis shopping centre) a few times at the start of the year and was there on Saturday for afternoon food. Excellent Thai food and the price for the Saturday afternoon was great. The desert you can get a a cofee for an extra €1, desert portion is big, one to share is enough

There is two sections one which is more restaurant the other less so with comfy seats, you can flake out on them after stuffing yourself.

Highly recommended 

Took Hoskins recommendation and fully concur - very nice spot
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 2:41pm
Not looking for a restaurant recommendation, but a takeaway one; Which Chinese restaurant in Dublin does the best spice bag?
Gigibongi33 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gigibongi33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Not looking for a restaurant recommendation, but a takeaway one; Which Chinese restaurant in Dublin does the best spice bag?

Xi'an on South Anne st is decent. They do a "spice bucket" it's a box not a bucket but has chips ,chicken, chicken wings and spicy sausage, plenty of chilli too. Nice kick off it. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 3:33pm
After the spice bag, I would recommend Chipotlaway.

AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 4:52pm

Whenever they have votes in Joe.ie or some such website the original from sunflower near spawell is the winner. I honestly find the quality varies from there a lot but a good fresh one is great.

Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Whenever they have votes in Joe.ie or some such website the original from sunflower near spawell is the winner. I honestly find the quality varies from there a lot but a good fresh one is great.

Wheres that? At Orlagh shops?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:10pm
LY Garden I think has won “the best” recently. There is one in Tallaght. Where are you living?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2019 at 5:53pm

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

Wheres that? At Orlagh shops?

Orwell shops 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 53>
  Share Topic