You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Restaurants Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 53>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:08am
Loch Fyne are a chain, they are everywhere. The food is alright but the places are devoid of atmosphere and quite often full of business people during the week. I think the last time I came out of one brought on my last bout of depression.
Lostandfound View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostandfound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

was down in Bantry with the quar wan 2 weekends ago. nice little town. went to Blairs Cove Restaurant about 5km outside Bantry. starters was a platter along with dessert. unbelievable stuff. One of the best meals i've had in ireland. 

starter platter for 2, tuna steak for myself, duck for herself, dessert platter for 2, 2 pints of stout, 2 gins and a bottle of South African Red. €220. i had a voucher for €150 so worked out all right at 35 a head. even my sh*t the next morning smelt good Clap

Did it smell of stout and fish? 

Edited by Lostandfound - 12 Oct 2018 at 10:21am
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 10:26am
Originally posted by Lostandfound Lostandfound wrote:

was down in Bantry with the quar wan 2 weekends ago. nice little town. went to Blairs Cove Restaurant about 5km outside Bantry. starters was a platter along with dessert. unbelievable stuff. One of the best meals i've had in ireland. 

starter platter for 2, tuna steak for myself, duck for herself, dessert platter for 2, 2 pints of stout, 2 gins and a bottle of South African Red. €220. i had a voucher for €150 so worked out all right at 35 a head. even my sh*t the next morning smelt good Clap

Did it smell of stout and fish? 

it did Clap

worst sh*ts are the red bull and vodka smell Dead
cullenswood View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cullenswood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:07am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Loch Fyne are a chain, they are everywhere. The food is alright but the places are devoid of atmosphere and quite often full of business people during the week. I think the last time I came out of one brought on my last bout of depression.

I did not know this (about it being a chain that is...).   Thanks, will avoid.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:16am
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

I did not know this (about it being a chain that is...).   Thanks, will avoid.

Are any of them still open ? I thought the company went bust. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:18am
They are owned by Greene King who, despite producing dreadful beer, their mild aside, are very unlikely to go bust.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:26am

They are owned by Greene King who, despite producing dreadful beer, their mild aside, are very unlikely to go bust.

Didn't realise they were owned by Greene King - Just saw the closed the one near us recently and made everyone redundant. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:29am
They are ruthless bastards without an iota of an idea what makes a good pub, a horrible company. Then again, most companies are.
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:31am

Is the mild drinkable? They took over the pub at the end of my road and the beer is f**king putrid.

Chester's full of lovely restaurants but I'm guesssing most of you won't be here any time soon.

Back home I always loved the Jasmine palace in Limerick. JP Clarkes in Bunratty was amazing last time I was there.
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:38am
Chester is on my list of places to visit in England, it looks great. I definitely intend to make a trip there at some point.

The mild is lovely, if you like mild, of course! A beer style that looks like it be making some resurgence and no longer be associated with seventy year old Yorkshiremen. Unfortunately, very few Greene King pubs serve it. Here in Cambridge, where they own the majority of pubs, there is only one, that I know of, that has it.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:45am
PM i will have to get ya One Fifty Lashes from Oz. absolutely fantastic stuff. i know you dont like Aussies but you will like this LOL
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 11:49am

Chester is on my list of places to visit in England, it looks great. I definitely intend to make a trip there at some point.

The mild is lovely, if you like mild, of course! A beer style that looks like it be making some resurgence and no longer be associated with seventy year old Yorkshiremen. Unfortunately, very few Greene King pubs serve it. Here in Cambridge, where they own the majority of pubs, there is only one, that I know of, that has it.

I'll have a look next time i'm in. Give me a shout if you are coming up here. There's some really good spots for a nice beer.

Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:16pm

PM i will have to get ya One Fifty Lashes from Oz. absolutely fantastic stuff. i know you dont like Aussies but you will like this LOL
Little Creatures is decent Aussie beer. I'll try any beer, if it is terrible I'll keep it for the three o'clock in the morning pile.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

I'll have a look next time i'm in. Give me a shout if you are coming up here. There's some really good spots for a nice beer.

I have Bath and York to go to first, your place then. I'll definitely give you a shout when the time comes.
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2018 at 2:43pm

Little Creatures is decent Aussie beer. I'll try any beer, if it is terrible I'll keep it for the three o'clock in the morning pile.

Tried it a couple of times before, always found it to have an odd after taste.

Chester is a lovely city, well worth a trip.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 10:44am
Ate in Mad Egg last night opposite the bleeding horse, the burger was something special, fries and mac and cheese were also excellent.

Very hipstery and wouldn't be mad on the decor and everything but will get over it for the grub.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:06pm
"Free-Range Irish Birds Served on a Soft AF Toasted Amish Bun"

That's what the first thing on the menu says.

They can f**k off.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2018 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

"Free-Range Irish Birds Served on a Soft AF Toasted Amish Bun"

That's what the first thing on the menu says.

They can f**k off.

Glad I didn't see the website before I went, hate that sh1te!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 53>
  Share Topic