FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBEST ÉIREANN TEAM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BEST ÉIREANN TEAM
    Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 4:24pm
From 1988 Ireland is participating in different tournements.
1988 their EC first apperiance and made quite an impression
1990 first time in the WC, and performed outstanding
1994, Keane and Townsend ran the midfield, McGrath stood in defence, U2 and the Corrs where there too:)
2002, just those penalties...

Is the 1988 the best Ireland ever had?
Sponsored Links

billybunter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2007 at 11:46pm
bart,

Do homer and Marge know you are up this late. you are taking ridiculous amounts of pi$$ at this stage.
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2007 at 4:20am
lay off bart billybunter, hes a good dutch lad showing interest in the Irish team!
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by bart bart wrote:

From 1988 Ireland is participating in different tournements.
1988 their EC first apperiance and made quite an impression
1990 first time in the WC, and performed outstanding
1994, Keane and Townsend ran the midfield, McGrath stood in defence, U2 and the Corrs where there too:)
2002, just those penalties...

Is the 1988 the best Ireland ever had?

Bart, our best team was for Euro 1992 but missed qualification without losing a game. McGrath, Townsend, Houghton at their peak with good young players like Irwin and Keane. By 1994 some were two years too old and we had no striker with Quinn injured. And it was too fcuking hot in Orlando.

Yup Ajax. 
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 6:57pm
Orlando was a fookin killer, it was a disgrace FIFA asking players to play there at noon (Mexico game), I'll never forgive them for that.  That Euro 92 team was indeed outstanding, we played England off their hallowed Wembley in March 91 but could only draw 1-1 and were left to rue losing a 3-1 lead away to Poland and drawing 3-3.  Missing out on Euro 92 was a real sickener.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2007 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Orlando was a fookin killer, it was a disgrace FIFA asking players to play there at noon (Mexico game), I'll never forgive them for that.  That Euro 92 team was indeed outstanding, we played England off their hallowed Wembley in March 91 but could only draw 1-1 and were left to rue losing a 3-1 lead away to Poland and drawing 3-3.  Missing out on Euro 92 was a real sickener.

Only drawing at home to Poland early in the group did the damage. That was the problem with Charlton's tactics, they usually worked away from home but at home when the opposition parked their bus, they just soaked up the high balls and we had no plan B. Witness the 0-0 draws at home to Belgium & Scotland for 88, Poland for 92 and the 1-1 with Denmark for 94. Wembley 91 was brilliant, apart from Razors miss.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 3:47am
Very true Gary, remember all those games well, every time I see Razor going through I'm thnking he can't miss, he can't miss, b*olix, he missed.  But we can forgive him that one when you think of Stuttgart and Giants Stadium
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2007 at 8:23am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Very true Gary, remember all those games well, every time I see Razor going through I'm thnking he can't miss, he can't miss, b*olix, he missed.  But we can forgive him that one when you think of Stuttgart and Giants Stadium

One wonders what Razor would say if he was commenttating on his own miss?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic