Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Football Shirts of All Time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I did like the 1992 Germany away Green Kit - A nice touch they wear green after we were the first team to play them after the war.
p

heard this lots of times,its bullsh*t,nothing to do with playing us.based on an old prussian flag or somesuch.

LOLLOLLOL

There's always one.

BTW You're close with the colours. The home jersey is based on the Prussian flag, the away jersey on the Saxony flag.

I read, I think it was in the excellent 'Tor! A History of German Football', that that reasoning is as mythical as the Irish one. I believe their away colours are green because of the DFB badge, which is predominantly green as it was designed to resemble a football pitch.
The Prussian influence on the 'home' colours was also mentioned and is, as far as I'm aware, accurate.
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 11:48am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I did like the 1992 Germany away Green Kit - A nice touch they wear green after we were the first team to play them after the war.
heard this lots of times,its bullsh*t,nothing to do with playing us.based on an old prussian flag or somesuch.

LOLLOLLOL

There's always one.

BTW You're close with the colours. The home jersey is based on the Prussian flag, the away jersey on the Saxony flag.

I read, I think it was in the excellent 'Tor! A History of German Football', that that reasoning is as mythical as the Irish one. I believe their away colours are green because of the DFB badge, which is predominantly green as it was designed to resemble a football pitch.
The Prussian influence on the 'home' colours was also mentioned and is, as far as I'm aware, accurate.
Possibly correct.
Forget where I heard it was due to Saxony.
Read 'Tor' but cant recall it.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2017 at 4:40pm
My replica Celtic home jersey from 1996 arrived today, it is a wonderful shirt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic