You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - berlin to gdansk..how are people getting there??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

berlin to gdansk..how are people getting there??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captainc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Booked a train on the DB Bahn website the other day for this. 7.48am on Wednesday 13th June. €52 one way.

Getting this train on the Thursday morning...takes 7/8 hours to get there.....

Getting an inter rail pass for £160, allows travel on 5 days within a 10 day period. Going to head to prague the 11th and back to berlin the 13th....thursday 14th morning break for gdnask and stay up there for 4 days. Then down to poznan and finally back to berlin to head home...
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 8:03am
are most people staying in Gdansk?

We booked an apartment in Poznan and they insisted we book for 2 weeks but that was okay as the overnight rate was reasonable - any they dont know how many people we have sleeping on the floors....

The plan was just go to Gdansk for the match and come back on first train in the morning

vinny 2012 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Originally posted by vinny 2012 vinny 2012 wrote:

thanks for the feedback lads, gave me a few more ideas at leastThumbs Up

looks like were still thumbing so ted LOL

ya its lookin likelyBig smile
willboy82 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willboy82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:00am
Hey,

We have booked a campervan from Berlin from the 7th to 20th and plan to travel to all the group games before returning to berlin. 3 lads going and have room for 1 more in a 4 berth camper if anyone is interedsted and chipping in with the costs? Rental is €400 + fuel and need to sort out campsites as well.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by willboy82 willboy82 wrote:

Hey,

We have booked a campervan from Berlin from the 7th to 20th and plan to travel to all the group games before returning to berlin. 3 lads going and have room for 1 more in a 4 berth camper if anyone is interedsted and chipping in with the costs? Rental is €400 + fuel and need to sort out campsites as well.

i wud be interested, but its me+1?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2012 at 11:25am

Booked a train on the DB Bahn website the other day for this. 7.48am on Wednesday 13th June. €52 one way.

Hey Frank,
just had a look at that website, very useful (in English)

I assume you have to stop and change along the way?  its says the journey is 8 hours so may have to look into getting a cheap flight... under pressure for time. Some of the lads are flying home the next morning after the Spain game

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:29pm
BUMP

Anyone have any new ideas? Looks like it's gonna be pricey...
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 7:47pm

Edited by colemanY2K - 14 Apr 2012 at 7:52pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
shouty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:22pm
the  train seems to be the best option, it is working out at over a 100 euro return fairly pricey i wonder if a bus would be a option if there was enough interst
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:25pm
would ye consider getting the polskibus to poznan and then fly with OLT express or the other low fare airline which I can't remember. It would work out about €80 return.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
shouty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2012 at 8:33pm
its 3 hours to poznan then you have to get to the airport not worth the effort for the time you would save looked at flights from berlin one way, they were 125 euro with air berlin  might be a option but cant make my mind up 
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vinny 2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 6:31pm
either way its a f***ing headache
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2012 at 9:21pm
looking like an awful long train journey
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by ZinedineKibane ZinedineKibane wrote:

Hey Frank,
just had a look at that website, very useful (in English)

I assume you have to stop and change along the way?  its says the journey is 8 hours so may have to look into getting a cheap flight... under pressure for time. Some of the lads are flying home the next morning after the Spain game

Alright Zizu,

Switch trains in Sczezin, think there's 10 minutes between trains. Flying could be a good option for you but I don't want the hassle of getting to an airport, checking in, security etc. I'll be happy with a bag of cans, the ipod and a good book for the journey.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:20pm
I wouldn't be chancing anything in Eastern Europe with a 10-minute changeover. The trains can be appallingly slow. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

I wouldn't be chancing anything in Eastern Europe with a 10-minute changeover. The trains can be appallingly slow. 

The train to Szczezin is a German train. The connection is a Polish one. Surely if either one is slow, the Polish one will be. No need to worry.
amyof View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amyof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2012 at 10:31am
Hey guys,
Me and the boyfriend are flying to Frankfurt and picking up a rental car to drive to Berlin on the 12th and then onto Gdansk early on the 13th about 6/7am..... its a 6 hour drive to gdansk from Berlin..if anyone wants to jump in your more than welcome as it will be less for us on petrol and even better if someone has a licence that would wanna drive an hour or two?!?!

Weve a flight back to Ireland on the 16th early so will be leaving early on the 15th to head back to berlin!!

Any interest let me know!!

Amy
shouty View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2012 at 11:49pm
just booked a flight from sczezcin to gdansk for 50 euro return sczezcin less than 2 hours from berlin by  road
.So the journey wont be so bad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic