You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belgrade - 5th September 2016 - Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivan.mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

The bombed out buildings courtesy of bill clinton and his buddies can be seen on the same street as the three carrots (I think it's the same street). No pubs down that way so once you've had a gander best to make a U-turn and head back to three carrots for scoops.

A walk along the bank of the Sava and Danube rivers is very nice. Lots of floating bars along there to stop for a drink.

It is the same street. However I think buildings (former army HQ) are now covered with some panels and probably under reconstruction so I don't know how much you'll be able to see. But it is only 200m or so from The Three Carrots so all you have to lose is a few minutes.

I can recommend Sava and Danube banks (and bars), during the day and night. Just be a bit careful - some local football fans work there as security so it might not be the best idea to go there right after the match wearing Irish jersey Smile
Sponsored Links

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:12pm
Anybody know of a reasonably central hotel with an outdoor pool? Thinking of changing hotels having looked at the forecast. Not too bothered about price as the place I'm booked in is almost €250 and I have a free night courtesy of hotels.com to use so would probably be saving money by moving.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

Anybody know of a reasonably central hotel with an outdoor pool? Thinking of changing hotels having looked at the forecast. Not too bothered about price as the place I'm booked in is almost €250 and I have a free night courtesy of hotels.com to use so would probably be saving money by moving.

Hotel Tash!!!
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by Colum Colum wrote:

compass city river hotel think thsts the name lovely pool and bar
I know nothing :-)
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 3:18pm
Cheers, men. Will check both of those out
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 4:20pm
The pool in the Tash is huge Thumbs Up
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 4:25pm
Cant wait to hit up the hotel tash  now Saturday all has the makings of a great trip out of curiosity any bars/restuarants around belgrade with good views of the city/ river banks?
ivan.mile View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivan.mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by bannerboy95 bannerboy95 wrote:

Cant wait to hit up the hotel tash  now Saturday all has the makings of a great trip out of curiosity any bars/restuarants around belgrade with good views of the city/ river banks?

You can try restaurant "Šaran" (pronounced Sharan), one of the most famous restaurants in Belgrade. They are practically on the Danube bank and serve mostly river fish. http://www.saran.co.rs/en/ - http://www.saran.co.rs/en/ and here is google map: https://www.google.com/s/place/%C5%A0aran/@44.848103,20.412996,16z/=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x73a1d3a3253f267a!8m2!3d44.8481027!4d20.4129959?hl=en-US - https://www.google.com/maps/place/%C5%A0aran/@44.848103,20.412996,16z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x73a1d3a3253f267a!8m2!3d44.8481027!4d20.4129959?hl=en-US
belgradeboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:16pm
http://www.belgradian.com/sr/na-otvorenom/aleksandar-klub/
Enjoy :)
If you want to eat fish go to Zemun,this is the part of Belgrade,there is a lot of restaurants on the river.
Also you can go to the Avala hill where is the beautifull view of all Belgrade,there is a restaurant also ,but i dont know how food is good, i have never ate there. 
 http://www.kudazavikend.com/8-Na%20izlet/1401-Avala%20-%20beogradska%20planina/

Amost forgot, maybe the best fish restaurant in Belgrade is http://www.belgradian.com/sr/mediteranski/konoba-kod-goce-i-renata/. 
Fresh fish from Danube,the owner of this restaurant is Renato fisherman, guy who is Belgrade hero who saved a lot of lives of drowning people and suiciders from near Pancevacki bridge. 

Edited by belgradeboy - 31 Aug 2016 at 9:26pm
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 9:34pm
Again to remind you: Call the taxi from airport,dont get those near the exit of the airport building they are frauds in most cases. Choose the taxi vechicle with last two TX on licence plates. Everywhere you go troug Belgrade from point A to B should not be more than 10 euros (circa 1200 dinars). From airport to the city center is no more than 20e (circa 2400 dinars). 
Exchange money only in exhange offices,not from people on the street.
and everything you need you can find on www.belgradian.com

Also you can ask me if you need any more advices.
Cheers
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2016 at 11:57pm
4 1/2 hours till taxi to airport, will be sad and strange knowing no more Robbie 
I know nothing :-)
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belgradeboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 5:27am
Originally posted by ivan.mile ivan.mile wrote:

The bombed out buildings courtesy of bill clinton and his buddies can be seen on the same street as the three carrots (I think it's the same street). No pubs down that way so once you've had a gander best to make a U-turn and head back to three carrots for scoops.

A walk along the bank of the Sava and Danube rivers is very nice. Lots of floating bars along there to stop for a drink.

It is the same street. However I think buildings (former army HQ) are now covered with some panels and probably under reconstruction so I don't know how much you'll be able to see. But it is only 200m or so from The Three Carrots so all you have to lose is a few minutes.

I can recommend Sava and Danube banks (and bars), during the day and night. Just be a bit careful - some local football fans work there as security so it might not be the best idea to go there right after the match wearing Irish jersey Smile

Nemoj bre da plasis ljude nece ih dirati niko :)

You can wear Irish jersey freely, dont worry you will not have any problem,just act well,dont provokate and dont be rude to girls and everything will be fine. 
Nowhere in city you will not have any problems because of the Irish shirt, only if you beat our asses with 3-0, but that not will be the case :)
ivan.mile View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivan.mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 6:03am
Originally posted by belgradeboy belgradeboy wrote:

Originally posted by ivan.mile ivan.mile wrote:

Nemoj bre da plasis ljude nece ih dirati niko :)

You can wear Irish jersey freely, dont worry you will not have any problem,just act well,dont provokate and dont be rude to girls and everything will be fine. 
Nowhere in city you will not have any problems because of the Irish shirt, only if you beat our asses with 3-0, but that not will be the case :)

I know that jersey will not be a problem per se (I wear Celtic jerseys often), that's why I said only "right after the match" Smile And honestly I don't think we have any chances against the top 16 team from last EURO...
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 8:05am

anyone any advice on the best way for getting from Belgrade to Budapest on Tuesday?

on the 5.30pm flight from Budapest and have left it a bit late to sort out! heard about a crowd gea tours but they don't seem too reliable according to their reviews and also balkanviator have a bus which takes 7 hours but only gets to Budapest bus station at 3pm, so could be a bit tight.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:25am
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

anyone any advice on the best way for getting from Belgrade to Budapest on Tuesday?

There's a bus leaving at 08:00 that gets in at 13:30. Or you could get the overnight train for €15.

City Till I Die
eaststand85 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaststand85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:30am
Hey lads, anyone got any last minute routes for this trip that won't break the bank? Can't leave til Sun is the only thing. Thanks!
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:43am
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

There's a bus leaving at 08:00 that gets in at 13:30. Or you could get the overnight train for €15.

cheers brendy, do you know what company that bus is with?
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2016 at 9:48am
Originally posted by belgradeboy belgradeboy wrote:

http://www.belgradian.com/sr/na-otvorenom/aleksandar-klub/
Enjoy :)
If you want to eat fish go to Zemun,this is the part of Belgrade,there is a lot of restaurants on the river.
Also you can go to the Avala hill where is the beautifull view of all Belgrade,there is a restaurant also ,but i dont know how food is good, i have never ate there. 
 http://www.kudazavikend.com/8-Na%20izlet/1401-Avala%20-%20beogradska%20planina/

Amost forgot, maybe the best fish restaurant in Belgrade is http://www.belgradian.com/sr/mediteranski/konoba-kod-goce-i-renata/. 
Fresh fish from Danube,the owner of this restaurant is Renato fisherman, guy who is Belgrade hero who saved a lot of lives of drowning people and suiciders from near Pancevacki bridge. 

sound man thanks

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 35363738>
  Share Topic