You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belgrade - 5th September 2016 - Travel & Acomm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Surely it's a personal decision based on personal finance but usually the earlier you book the cheaper if is. Everything after that is to do with peoples own personal commitments.

Feck sake Baldrick I'm only asking, not directing them to book.

Generally I'd prefer to book flights as early as possible given they can fluctuate more wildly (in the hundreds) than accommodation.

I can't see us getting the playoffs so I'd aim to book flights before Christmas.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:42pm
Good for you but what difference does it make if I am booking this year or next.

Surely when you book will be based on your personal finance and when I book will be based on mine!

I don't understand why you were asking when people are booking other than just mindless waffle.

If sounds like the inane nonsense people do when you are ordering a meal! And they ask you what are you ordering! And when you tell them they say oh I was going to order that I might go for something different.

Edited by Baldrick - 27 Jul 2015 at 6:44pm
AKA pedantic kunt
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:45pm

Good for you but what difference does it make if I am booking this year or next.

Surely when you book will be based on your personal finance and when I book will be based on mine!

I don't understand why you were asking when people are booking other than just mindless waffle.

If sounds like the inane nonsense people do when you are ordering a meal! And they ask you what are you ordering! And when you tell them they say oh I was going to order that I might go for something different.
You having a bad day?LOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 6:51pm
Ha ha :). Grand! Off today. Travelling by train
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:01pm

Wtf?

Is it the wrong time of the month or something?

Fcuk sake it's out of curiosity I suppose, an interest into what the regular away supporters will be doing plans wise.

It is a forum you know.
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:02pm
Direct flights from eindhoven on Saturday and Tuesday. Perfect. Just another few months of patience till the flights go online.

Edited by Steve Amsterdam - 27 Jul 2015 at 7:04pm
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Wtf?

Fcuk sake it's out of curiosity I suppose, an interest into what the regular away supporters will be doing plans wise.

It is a forum you know.

I know that. But a question like. What hotels are good or what's the best route or good spots to go in belgrade all make sense. As it is useful info to help you enjoy the holiday.

Asking when people are going to book their flights is just inane small talk.

You are better than that muff.
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:17pm

Wtf?

It is a forum you know.

I know that. But a question like. What hotels are good or what's the best route or good spots to go in belgrade all make sense. As it is useful info to help you enjoy the holiday.

Asking when people are going to book their flights is just inane small talk.

You are better than that muff.

Nah inane small talk is above my usual desperate standard of posts.

I get your point though. Not everything I post can be Plato's Republic to be fair ;).

TBH I get a kick out of the whole research behind away trips. I do all the organising for myself and the lads when we get to go to games. Like Superdave with trains and connections, I actually enjoy the whole organisation and will spend hours on Google maps.

Add to the fact that our current campaign is in dire straits it probably makes my curiousity about Belgrade and Chisanau even more immediate.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:30pm

Add to the fact that our current campaign is in dire straits it probably makes my curiousity about Belgrade and Chisanau even more immediate.

6 pages between this one and Modolva tells you all you need to know our chances of making france

I will book the day after France is gone, if nothing else to cheer us up. May well go via Rome and spend a few days there weather in both places should be great
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:34pm
Yeah Belgrade in September should e good

Edited by Baldrick - 27 Jul 2015 at 7:34pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

6 pages between this one and Modolva tells you all you need to know our chances of making france

I will book the day after France is gone, if nothing else to cheer us up. May well go via Rome and spend a few days there weather in both places should be great
Yep will sit on this one until we know what happens in the Euro's .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2015 at 9:50pm
Coleman, you going to do a trip like that again for this game? Sounds very interesting!
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 1:48pm
anyone running a bus from budapest?? LOLLOL
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Donegalman Donegalman wrote:

Coleman, you going to do a trip like that again for this game? Sounds very interesting!

a shorter version. was looking at flying into Podgorica with my auld fella and eire 32, a few nights there and then get the train up Belgrade on the Saturday. another option is Ljubljana, a couple if nights there and then train down to Belgrade. loads of options and will nail it down closer to the time.

despite what i said on previous page I'll probably leave Budapest off until the match in Vienna.

Edited by colemanY2K - 29 Jul 2015 at 3:33pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 8:36am
I'd recommend a place in Montenegro called Kotor for anyone looking for a coastal trip. It's 90 mins south of Dubrovnik and a lot better & a lot cheaper. Get a bus to Kotor from Dubrovnik and after Kotor get a bus to Tivat airport (bout 20mins) and fly direct to Belgrade (45mins)
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 9:14am
Have kotor and sveti stefan pencilled in myself
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 9:51am
Definitely flying in for this one,drove the 9 hours the last time and was stuck at the Croatian border passport control for an hour,ill have a look through the emails and try to dig out the name of the city  center hotel we booked,jacuzzi in the room and 2 massive outdoor pools for 30E per night.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2015 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Definitely flying in for this one,drove the 9 hours the last time and was stuck at the Croatian border passport control for an hour,ill have a look through the emails and try to dig out the name of the city  center hotel we booked,jacuzzi in the room and 2 massive outdoor pools for 30E per night.

this ClapClapClap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 38>
  Share Topic