You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belgrade - 5th September 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:09pm
Really enjoyable trip apart from
team performance,
hornets restaurant choices (2nd night at least he has a bye on matchday as nobody wanted to walk in th pissing rain to a decent joint
weather matchday
place close by the fans match which we probably should of went to when the weather was great
getting drenched matchday
mrs missing it due to illness
missing the local media photos as nature called
Lufthansa at Frankfurt

not that I am one to complain .........
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2016 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

thought it pissed rain on match day?

It did, but had 2 good days of weather before that LOL. Match day was miserable. Pickpockets surprisingly thin on the ground, and of course, everyone who wore colours around the city got killed. Again. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Really enjoyable trip apart from
team performance,
hornets restaurant choices (2nd night at least he has a bye on matchday as nobody wanted to walk in th pissing rain to a decent joint
weather matchday
place close by the fans match which we probably should of went to when the weather was great
getting drenched matchday
mrs missing it due to illness
missing the local media photos as nature called
Lufthansa at Frankfurt

not that I am one to complain .........

Why has anybody any interest in posing for local media. Fair enough if asked but there are lads who go out of their way.
AKA pedantic kunt
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 9:18am
Decent trip for a few reasons
Meeting new shams
An Irish bar that doesn't fleece us
The toro steakhouse near the 3 carrots as recommended by Maria
Not hearing the Gary Breen song over 4 days

Negatives
Team performance but still happy with a point
Let's lose Shane longs on fire

Roll on Moldova
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 10:33am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

thought it pissed rain on match day?

It did, but had 2 good days of weather before that LOL. Match day was miserable. Pickpockets surprisingly thin on the ground, and of course, everyone who wore colours around the city got killed. Again. 

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cathalio11 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalio11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 1:22pm
Yeah I must say that wearing the colours around was almost beneficial. At least 10 people acknowledged it positively on match day and the day before it.
At least 10 Serbians, that is.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 1:35pm
Not one bit of Bother there locals love the Irish Fans and wanted to have the craic and talk football.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 1:48pm
Enjoyable trip now.  Didn't get to do as many museums as I've had liked due to most of them being closed on the Monday though.  Nice town, and nice people, has to be said.

As for the match, disgraceful behaviour from the FAI again, though nothing surprises me with regards to the contempt they have for their own fans.
For what it's worth, I was very lightly padded down going in, and they didn't even look at my ticket.
City Till I Die
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

Enjoyable trip now.  Didn't get to do as many museums as I've had liked due to most of them being closed on the Monday though.  Nice town, and nice people, has to be said.

As for the match, disgraceful behaviour from the FAI again, though nothing surprises me with regards to the contempt they have for their own fans.
For what it's worth, I was very lightly padded down going in, and they didn't even look at my ticket.

I was'nt there but get a gist of things.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 08 Sep 2016 at 10:51pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 4:36pm
Any posts with accusations against anybody that have not been proven will be deleted lads/lassies. Please be careful with what you post. The forum is always being monitored from outside agencies and posts with careless accusations will just get us in trouble
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Great trip, loved Belgrade, stunning looking women, 2 days of great weather, food & drink cheap,  found a pub that would make my all time top 3, it might even be in the top 1, locals sound, very little not to like other than the way we played for about 70 minutes of the game. 

Great trip. Embarrassed to say i dont remember the game due to a very large volume of white russians drank.

But dancing with Minty at 7am to Sultans of Ping on the balcony of my apartment was one of the highlights.  

Edited by Stretchryan - 08 Sep 2016 at 8:43pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 8:45pm
LOL LOL

Good to see yer in one piece anyway Stretch . Ya would have loved the pub we ended up in on Sunday & Monday night too. Class apartment too, fcuk it, must get meself one of those hammocks LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2016 at 11:08pm
Ended up at a rave on a boat with a load of random Serbians till 10am. The tech house tunes were top notch.

Vaguely remember telling them at one stage about how great the hurling final will be the next day and they should watch it. But didn't go to bed till 2pm and slept through the bleedin match myself after all that talk Embarrassed

Edited by Trapped - 08 Sep 2016 at 11:42pm
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:24am
Good trip, place was dirt cheap, couldn't spend money. Serbs were sound if a wee bit mad (in a good way). Wasn't searched going into the ground by the FAI, but was visited at my apartment in Republic Square on THREE separate occasions by the cops checking on my safety/security (according to them). Met up with sound Mayo and Donegal men and had good craic. Nice touch was the 20-30 Serb kids who stayed behind to applaud the Irish fans after they were finally let out of the stadium hour after the game...few of the lads gave the youngsters their scarves, was nice moment. As for game. Why do we go into our shell every time we score? Glad of the draw and all that, but could have been more...and could have been less, way we played!! Right, roll on Chisinau!

Edited by Tyronebhoy - 09 Sep 2016 at 2:28am
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:34pm
Belgrade was great spot. Hotel Tash was good enough spot-didnt manage to make it up for breakfast any mornings though and didn't manage to make use of their pool. Did anyone else in Hotel Tash get a City Tax bill when checking out? Three Carrots craic was 90 some great characters. Only got ripped off the once when we got a taxi from Three Carrots to ground when they asked for 6 grand-and this was possibly the only time during the trip when my girlfriends Belgrade mate wasn't with usAngry.
Long old trip from Belgrade to Budapest morning after the game and I was sick as a dog-top 3 all time hangs with numerous toilet trips on the plane!
All in all a great trip and I would definitely go back
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:36pm
Everywhere charges the city tax, they have to.

There were definitely quite a few dodgy taxi drivers about. Didn't get shafted but there were plenty of tales of lads who did. It was only 2 grand to the airport so 6 grand in the city centre is scandalous. They clearly charged about 10 times the proper fee.
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 2:50pm
The cops were trying to move us on after the game but stopped when I told them how much the taxis had asked for.
I forgot about the powered off lift and bats flying around the stairwell of my apartment when I got home each night. Really added to the ambience...
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2016 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

The cops were trying to move us on after the game but stopped when I told them how much the taxis had asked for.
I forgot about the powered off lift and bats flying around the stairwell of my apartment when I got home each night. Really added to the ambience...

We're the f**k did you stay??
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 20212223>
  Share Topic