You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belgrade - 5th September 2016 - General Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

SC applications are open as of now.

'Fans Direct' next month
This will lead to a very interesting situation come the Welsh away game next year if both teams are vying for a top 2 position and Wales insist on playing in the smaller Cardiff venue.
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">No doubt a Glasgow farce all over again with many a deserving supporter missing out.</span>

I just hope they are taking note of who is taking tickets to the away games this time around.

Hummm if it is Cardiff City then 5% = 1500 tickets for us , Andorra and Scotland spring to mind Confused

10% for WC qualifiers Murph

Is it definetly 10 % ?

I wouldn't lump Andorra into the absolute fuk up that was Glasgow

I wouldn't read too much into sc applications

Not sure about that one NR as we were we told that the game was going to be in Barcelona by the FAI ? Or when Andorra decided to have it at their place we were given only 175 tickets .
Then as Hornet says we had a raffle and he got the " Golden Ticket " wink wink as he told us .
As for the rest of us we didn't know anything until a few hours before and we had to queue for tickets next to the  the portacabin , which they could not open as they didn't have the keys .
Loads had spare tickets well in two pieces as I don't want to talk about that one on here again .
So yes all things taken in I think it was a royal mess .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 11:32am

'Fans Direct' next month
This will lead to a very interesting situation come the Welsh away game next year if both teams are vying for a top 2 position and Wales insist on playing in the smaller Cardiff venue.
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">No doubt a Glasgow farce all over again with many a deserving supporter missing out.</span>

I just hope they are taking note of who is taking tickets to the away games this time around.

Hummm if it is Cardiff City then 5% = 1500 tickets for us , Andorra and Scotland spring to mind Confused

Is it definetly 10 % ?

Not sure about that one NR as we were we told that the game was going to be in Barcelona by the FAI ? Or when Andorra decided to have it at their place we were given only 175 tickets .
Then as Hornet says we had a raffle and he got the " Golden Ticket " wink wink as he told us .
As for the rest of us we didn't know anything until a few hours before and we had to queue for tickets next to the  the portacabin , which they could not open as they didn't have the keys .
Loads had spare tickets well in two pieces as I don't want to talk about that one on here again .

The FAI told fans Barcelona as they had been informed of that by the Andorran FA.

They Andorrans had requested that venue with UEFA, as they had done before for other matches in the past with a large number of fans visiting. (Ireland, Engalnd and Holland AFAIK)
The UEFA then later (at the 90 days deadline) told the Andorran FA they would not allow it, even though they did the previous times. 

Hardly the FAI at fault here IMO.

Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 11:50am

'Fans Direct' next month
</span>

Is it definetly 10 % ?

Murph

It was never confirmed for Barcelona everybody just assumed it was - it wasn't that surprising when Russia (likely) insisted it was in Andorra

Given the size of the ground that's all the tickets we were allocated

Given the size of the ground the FAI couldn't encourage fans to travel

It was purposely left to just a few hours before KO to stop people travelling up from Barcelona
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 12:58pm
To be fair, the FAI did a raffle and handed out spare media passes and I think someone was even deputy head of security too. You'd not see the English FA doing that. 
KenSRFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenSRFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by irish_goat irish_goat wrote:

To be fair, the FAI did a raffle and handed out spare media passes and I think someone was even deputy head of security too. You'd not see the English FA doing that. 

The English FA would not have lied to their fans telling them that there were no tickets going on sale the day of the game and to stay in Barcelona for those with no tickets.

What happens?LOL

They took us (and still do take us) for eejits. It was a great way for John Delaney to boost his popularity after telling people at previous away trips the match was in Barcelona. A nice prelude for the raffle in Estonia later that year too.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by KenSRFC KenSRFC wrote:

The English FA would not have lied to their fans telling them that there were no tickets going on sale the day of the game and to stay in Barcelona for those with no tickets.

What happens?LOL

They took us (and still do take us) for eejits. It was a great way for John Delaney to boost his popularity after telling people at previous away trips the match was in Barcelona. A nice prelude for the raffle in Estonia later that year too.
Well said Ken Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by KenSRFC KenSRFC wrote:

What happens?LOL

They couldn't encourage ticketless fans to travel - how difficult it it to understand this

The majority who wanted to see the game travelled to Andorra and seen the game
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2016 at 5:11pm
Exactly. Andorra was a one off case and the FAI don't deserve criticism for it.

Glasgow, on the other hand, we don't need to reopen here.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:04pm
Three Carrots  Pub have no  Sky tv Channels.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Hickster74 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Donkeys
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Donkeys

Well, for anyone interested in watching the hurling,the best bet will probably be to stream it.
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:46pm
ffs if they have wifi someone just shove a chromecast into the side of it.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 2:55pm
Good man,i don't have much  interest in hurling,just thought i would ask them as a few on here might want to see it, but it seems you have it all sorted Thumbs Up
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 3:09pm

Good man,i don't have much  interest in hurling,just thought i would ask them as a few on here might want to see it, but it seems you have it all sorted Thumbs Up

Did you get any other good info out of them?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

They have wifi,they don't sell IPA,the only food they serve is toasted sandwiches,its a decent pub,sound lads,had great craic there in 2012,good steak house close by.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 8:13pm

They have wifi,they don't sell IPA,the only food they serve is toasted sandwiches,its a decent pub,sound lads,had great craic there in 2012,good steak house close by.

No IPA
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Stretchryan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stretchryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

No IPA

Sounds like very decent boozer. Beside our apartment too
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 9:21pm

Get them to do a deal with a Pizza / Other food emporium that delivers when we there as otherwise if people leave to eat elsewhere they will drink elsewhere at same time.

Bit like the Asian restaurants in Birmingham without a license, offie next door will give what you want and you just take next door.................. works well for both parties.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
  Share Topic