You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belfast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 8:48pm
Fantastic hospitality everywhere we wentClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2021 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

I'm up the week after next on a trip around the North. Booked it a good while ago thinking restrictions down South would be extended so a good call! Doing Slieve Donard, Strangford Peninsula, couple of nights in Belfast, couple on Rathlin and visiting friends that live near Maghera and Banbridge.
Still do those black cab tours in Belfast? Have a great interest in the troubles and that would probably be the easiset way to do a bit of venturing I take it

variant spreading on that itinerary Confused

The rural outdoors is famous for its covid alright, we should all stick to within 2k of where we live, original lockdown was the best of course. 
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 12:42am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Terri’s best mate. Expected nothing less!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2021 at 1:18am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Terri’s best mate. Expected nothing less!
Terri and BSM meeting up for pints 

Shocked
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 9:57pm
heading to Belfast this weekend, can I just walk into boozers and scoop away or do I need to be booking places? 
Why no wine??!
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:01pm
Was there last night. You'd definitely want to be booking places. We got lucky enough to get a table in the Dirty Onion in the Cathedral Quarter. Every bar had queues to get in. Live music in most places too. 

The Duke of York, the Harp and a few other bars were closed for whatever reason. Some places are on random opening hours too (12-6pm).

I didn't think I'd need to have to book somewhere for a Tuesday night but for a weekend, I'd recommend booking somewhere to save the hassle of queueing and hoping people will be leaving so you can get in.

Edited by The Huntacha - 21 Jul 2021 at 10:02pm
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:09pm
we were in the Duke of York last week. Lovely spot
We rambled in everywhere no issues. I’d book if you are going for a meal though
Patman Scoop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman Scoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2021 at 10:12pm
thanks gents, any recommendations for dinner, was looking at Henry's on the sat night, have top blade booked for Friday 

Edited by Patman Scoop - 21 Jul 2021 at 10:13pm
Why no wine??!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:09am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

thanks gents, any recommendations for dinner, was looking at Henry's on the sat night, have top blade booked for Friday 
ended up having pub grub because we had nowhere booked! Didn’t bother me and grub was good. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 7:08pm

we were in the Duke of York last week. Lovely spot
We rambled in everywhere no issues. I’d book if you are going for a meal though

Good spot for tinder dates Cool
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 4:56pm
Heading to Belfast for the weekend. 4 of us in total. Looking for somewhere to watch the match on Sat, somewhere with some decent pub grub and close enough to a few decent pubs to go to afterwards?
Any recommendations? 
Read it 3 times before posting
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 5:22pm
Duke of York is a fine pub. Not sure they do grub but definitely worth a drink 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 7:11pm
You wouldn’t be able to watch the match in the Duke of York, good bar all the same 
Actually don’t think many city centre bars or ones round the cathedral quarter would show the match - maybe Henry’s, or the Garrick
Are NI playin at the same time? 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 7:35pm
Yeah you def won't get in the Duke of York. Henrys/Jailhouse or Franklin's would be your best bet..
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 10:27pm
Garrick be a good enough shout. Either that or Nancy Mulligans who will definitely be showing the game
kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 1:07pm
cheers lads, will try them. Food isn't essential, once we get to see the game.
Read it 3 times before posting
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 2:48pm
Franklins is quality for football, it's a sports bar out the back of robinsons. Though I suspect it would be busy as norn iron are playing after us. 
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

cheers lads, will try them. Food isn't essential, once we get to see the game.

Drink will probably be essential to get through it though
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic