You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Belfast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Belfast
    Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:08am
Heading to Belfast with the missus for the long weekend. Staying Saturday and Sunday night.

Hotel is in City Centre but no parking included. Any advice on where is best/cheapest to park the car. Has an Irish reg as well Shocked

Edited by Sham157 - 25 Oct 2016 at 11:25am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:15am
Shankill Road. Can't see a problem with leaving a southern reg there
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:38am
Last time I was up I just parked in a Multi Storey overnight, Car was grand. The second night which was an unplanned stop over, I abandoned it on the street. Expected it to be on blocks at least the next morning but it was fine and it was parked near the Village Area, not the most welcoming area for us folk. 
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:40am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Heading to Belfast with the missus for the long weekend. Staying Saturday and Sunday night.

Hotel is in City Centre but no parking included. Any advice on where is best/cheapest to park the car. Has a southern reg as well Shocked

Where or what hotel are you staying in?

Edited by bogball88 - 25 Oct 2016 at 10:40am
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:24am
'Has a southern reg as well' it will be fine.

Acres of places to park, depends where abouts in the city.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 11:55am
Originally posted by bogball88 bogball88 wrote:

Hotel is in City Centre but no parking included. Any advice on where is best/cheapest to park the car. Has a southern reg as well Shocked

Travelodge on Brunswick St
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 12:04pm

There's loads of off street parking withing 150m of there Gaz. Why not email the hotel, they may have a rate agreed with a nearby car park
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

There's loads of off street parking withing 150m of there Gaz. Why not email the hotel, they may have a rate agreed with a nearby car park

Thumbs Up
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:19pm

You focking cheapskate
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:21pm
There's acres of parking with a 2 hour time limit until after 6.

There's a large car park near by top of great Victoria street, another one across from Dublin Road cinema right beside sunny days? I think the hotel is called.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 1:45pm
The carpark at Days Hotel maybe not the best for a southern reg. Theres a few multi storeys within 10 mins walk. Throw it in one of those. Cheap enough
@AntrimMan85
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

The carpark at Days Hotel maybe not the best for a southern reg. Theres a few multi storeys within 10 mins walk. Throw it in one of those. Cheap enough

Yeah definately wouldn't park here, the Sandy Row crew will be out
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:02pm
Remember on street parking will be free from 6pm Saturday to 8am Monday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:26pm

Remember on street parking will be free from 6pm Saturday to 8am Monday

Would it be asking for trouble parking on street with a southern reg though?
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 2:43pm
Never had a problem parking a southern reg car in Belfast.  

Those carparks can prove expensive though.  If you are just leaving the car for the weekend and just using it to go up/down then you might want to consider leaving it on Windsor Avenue just off the Lisburn Road.  It is a quiet leafy road with expensive houses.   It is a short bus/Taxi ride to your hotel or well within walking distance (1.5 miles).  

I've been parking there for Windsor Park since the 1980's and never had an issue.  Just cross the Lisburn Road and get a bus into town from there.  Now there may well be closer places but that is certainly safe.  Some of the other avenues closer to the centre are also fine I imagine.  Note don't park on the other side of the Lisburn Road.  

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:35pm
They have an agreement with City Car Park on Francis Street - £6 per 24 hours which is grand. That a safe enough spot?
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:57pm

They have an agreement with City Car Park on Francis Street - £6 per 24 hours which is grand. That a safe enough spot?

Tis one of the secure multi stories round by Castlecourt shopping centre. Be grand. 
@AntrimMan85
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 4:59pm

Aye thats beside Castlecourt Shopping Centre
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic