Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beat the Bookies - Back Rovers to Draw!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Beat the Bookies - Back Rovers to Draw!
    Posted: 28 Jul 2013 at 10:55pm
Dont know about you lot but as a Hoops fan, I just expect Rovers to draw every league game till the end of the season. On paper, they have arguably the strongest squad in the league, but they dont seem to have cracked how to put away the opposition. Even with strikers like Karl Sheppard, Eamon Zayed, Mark Quigley and Tommy Stewart, they`ve somehow managed to draw 12 of their 22 league games to date.

The bookies always give at least 2/1 for a draw. I won again this weekend as I just felt that a draw was a no-brainer in their game at Sligo. Until Croly can instill a winning mentality in his squad, it`s going to be business as usual - draw, draw, draw...  
Sponsored Links

dannynorth View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannynorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2013 at 10:32pm
[EMAIL= ][/EMAIL] worth 500 from now until November in every game and ud be a rich chap a very rich man
Xpro View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Not a WUM anymore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xpro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2013 at 12:30am
You could be right, dannynorth, though I couldnt afford a 500 quid punt. I`ve just been so frustrated this season with all these draws that winning some "Moolah" from the bookies keeps my anger at bay. (I`m up 680 Euro so far).

If I keep winning, and Rovers keep drawing, Paddy Power or Boylesports will sponsor a sports psychologist to brief the team before kick-off. As the legendary American football coach, Vince Lombardi, once put it: "Winning isnt everything. It`s the only thing". Those words should be framed and prominently displayed on the Rovers dressing-room door
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic