Topic ClosedBBC Sports Personality Awards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Direct Link To This Post Topic: BBC Sports Personality Awards
    Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 6:32am
Anyone watch this last night (sunday)

Sir Bobby Robson received the life time achievement award - well deserved when you see his great career looking back

Sir Alex Ferguson presented it to him whilst a host of ex players were on stage also

Very emotional speech and he just comes across as so devoted to football - enthusiastic and appreciative of everything he has achieved

I was fortunate enough to meet him in Jurys and he was lovely, photos and chatted with my nephew etc.  He was not very well then but he seemed a lot better last night

A True legend of the game and i hope our players have took something on board from his involvement in Irish football albeit brief - some of them could certainly do with a bit of enthusiasm and passion he demonstrates

However ill conceived Stans appointment, i would not blame Bobby for any of the ensuing problems, results etc.

A true legend and brings to mind a quick story i heard about him in relation to Ireland

On going to Croke Park he was obviously impressed and commented on the hill and suggested away fans should be put there

Delaney and Stan agreed it was a good idea, easy to segregate and nice to have irish fans in the main stands etc which they thought was why bobby suggested it, until he said:

No, the reason we want them up there is cos its uncovered and if it rains they will be fcuking soaked and wont be happy

Sponsored Links

stiofain View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 6:35am
Good post Prendy Thumbs%20Up
"you can keep your Costa Brava, im telling ya mate id rather have a day down Margate with all me family"
greenarmy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 6:38am
Yes well deserved award to a person who has given so much to the game.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 6:39am
Agree 100% Prendy, Sir Bobby's a true footballing legend and didn't deserve what he got from Delaney.  I've gone off all that BBC Sporting Sh*te lately but I'm sorry I missed Sir Bobby's moment, his Ipswich teams in their hayday were brilliant and shoulda won more than the FA Cup and UEFA Cup.  A great man.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ernesto guevara View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2007 at 12:50pm
Jaysus do any of us deserve what weve got from Delaney recently??
If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic