Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barry Coffey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

So you think that at 18 years old, Coffey should forego the financial security and development opportunities a 2 year contract at the best club in Scotland would provide, and instead try to get a contract at St. Mirren or St. Johnstone? I've heard it all now LOL

What part of "loan move" did you not grasp in his post?

What part of "wasting his time at Celtic" did you not understand?
We're decent enough..
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:31pm

So you think that at 18 years old, Coffey should forego the financial security and development opportunities a 2 year contract at the best club in Scotland would provide, and instead try to get a contract at St. Mirren or St. Johnstone? I've heard it all now LOL

What part of "wasting his time at Celtic" did you not understand?

Not once did he mention that being at Celtic long term would be a waste of time, his post clearly meant in the now.

Hence why he mentioned a loan move.

I'm sure if he thought Barry Coffey was wasting his time at Celtic in general and had no future there he would of said permanently. 

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Jan 2020 at 8:31pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 8:35pm

I don't know, he seems to be following me around the forum this evening taking issue with everything I post. Maybe if he actually read the posts he wouldn't be writing absolute crap in response. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 12:37pm
Has joined Cliftonville on loan until the end of the season
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:03pm
Cliftonville must have some serious money about them these days! Rory Hale and Aaron McCarey signed this month too.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 3:34pm
Was thinking the same
Have signed a few other players recently too
Wonder where the moneys coming from 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2021 at 6:38pm
Cliftonville have now signed Daniel Kearns, who as a youth from west Belfast on West Ham's books about a decade ago, took and won that famous case re eligibility for Ireland. That makes six recent signings which include Coffey and Eoin Teggart of Portsmouth on loan, plus McCarey, Hale, Kris Lowe from Dungannon and now Kearns. I don't know where the money is coming from but if Conor McMenamin is being sold it might be a factor. He has eighteen months left on his contract so the Reds don't need to sell unless their asking price is met and it is likely to be high. Larne, Glentoran and Derry City all interested.
mully_85 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mully_85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 2:00am
one of reds owners from N Belfast  has big dough in DOGECoin i hear... where the money is coming from
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 5:41pm
Barry scored a screamer for Cliftonville today.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 5:33am
Jack City View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack City Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 11:04am
Played well again last night and got a good goal,huge improvement in the Cork City team since he arrived on loan.Looks a great prospect.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 6:49pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 3:29pm

Barry Coffey will remain part of Cork City’s promotion push after upgrading his loan spell to a permanent deal.

The midfielder hasn’t featured for the First Division leaders since May 20 as his second loan spell from Celtic expired at the end of that month.

His contract at Celtic has since lapsed and, despite competition from other clubs, City have landed the Nenagh native until the season's concludes in October.

“I am delighted to be back,” said the 21-year-old, who scored six times from the Rebels this season.

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 3:45pm
A fair clear out of the Irish lads at Celtic this summer, Connell, Afolabi and Coffey all released without seeing a minute of competitive first team football at the club.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

A fair clear out of the Irish lads at Celtic this summer, Connell, Afolabi and Coffey all released without seeing a minute of competitive first team football at the club.

Lets hope its a different story for Kenny Lawal and Vata. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 4:53pm
Delighted he's signed for City now, I was fearful that the mid season break would give Galway a change to spend some money, Coffey and Britton should be enough for City to get promoted now
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 4:55pm
Pity he didn't make the grade at Central Perk. Had high hopes for him.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Lets hope its a different story for Kenny Lawal and Vata. 

The 3 lads above all gone to pre season training with Celtic I suspect will end up the same way. Kenny played 35 games with Sligo had a brilliant season only to make this move and play virtually no football. Has to be a huge worry as far as setting him back. Would be fine if Celtic utilised loans effectively but they don't seem to be a competent at that either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic