Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 88>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2019 at 9:54pm
Every contract in the Spanish league has to have a buy out clause.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2019 at 10:46pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2019 at 1:33am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

van Gaal is some clown.
Even though LVG may (typically) be overstating his case, nonetheless it's not that outrageous an opinion to hold (imo).

LVG acknowledged that as an individual player, Messi is the best in the world, but as a leader, maybe not so much.

And there is evidence to back that that up.

In recent seasons - and esp since the departure of Guardiola - Messi's influence at Barca has grown off the pitch as well as on it. Yet if the CL is anything to go by, it's not clear that they have maintained their previous standards during this time. And whilst still dominating La Liga, they've been helped by Real Madrid's gradual decline over the same period.

Compare that eg with Johann Cruyff's influence as a player at Barca.

then look at Messi's record with Argentina. They have generally underperformed even with Messi as captain of a richly talented team. This hasn't been helped by Messi's ambivalent attitude and occasional "retirements".

Compare that with Maradona, who virtually single-handedly dragged the NT to winning the World Cup.

None of which is to disparage Messi's ability as a player, but neither should that ability preclude critical analysis of his other qualities.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:04pm
Barca have bid £90m plus two players for Neymar.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:26am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Considering Barca spunked massive sums on Dembele and Coutinho in the past 2 years, it's hard to believe that both of those players plus 90 million would be on the table in exchange for Neymar. 

If PSG get Coutinho and a large sum of money, they should absolutely bite the hand off Barca for that. Barca are now heading to the top of circus clubs in Europe if they actually fork out a huge transfer fee for Neymar - a lad who is making former Brazilian stars like Ronaldinho and Ronaldo look like lifelong teetotalers in comparison to him.

"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:02am
Jack Byrne linked with a move to Barcelona according to Crap Senior 
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Considering Barca spunked massive sums on Dembele and Coutinho in the past 2 years, it's hard to believe that both of those players plus 90 million would be on the table in exchange for Neymar. 

If PSG get Coutinho and a large sum of money, they should absolutely bite the hand off Barca for that. Barca are now heading to the top of circus clubs in Europe if they actually fork out a huge transfer fee for Neymar - a lad who is making former Brazilian stars like Ronaldinho and Ronaldo look like lifelong teetotalers in comparison to him.

Neymar is an absolutely brilliant player but he’s too much hassle. I hope Barca do not sign him. He’ll be injured again next spring so he can go off and ride his sister. 

Barca seem to be going down the Galacticos route that Real Madrid did in the 00’s. 

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:04pm
It's even stranger when you consider that Neymar's lawsuit against them is still open.

You'd think that given the talent they brought through from La Masia over the last 15/20 years and what they achieved, that Barca would actually put more of an emphasis on the development of their own talent. I know players like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, etc were once in a generation, but surely it is worth the time and investment to see if they can find the next generation of players.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

It's even stranger when you consider that Neymar's lawsuit against them is still open.

That could actually ease the transfer.

Neymar is obviously desperate to get out of PSG.

And Barca are one of only 2 or 3 outlets (max) who could afford him, and would have him.

Therefore Barca will use that leverage to get him to drop the suit.

That would make it cheaper for then to sign him, effectively offsetting the huge wages which Neymar's ego and agent demand.

Edited by Territorial - 19 Jul 2019 at 4:12pm
Karla2019 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karla2019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2019 at 4:08pm
The Salvadoria, frustrated with how long Busquets was spending to take his free-kick, picked a lump of grass off the ground and threw it in the face of the Spain international
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:09pm
Anyone on here ever head over to el clasico? If so what would be my best bet for getting tickets? Mate of mine heading over to the game in October.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:36am
Originally posted by The White Cafu The White Cafu wrote:

Anyone on here ever head over to el clasico? If so what would be my best bet for getting tickets? Mate of mine heading over to the game in October.
Was at it in the Bernabeu. €400 on Viagogo. You’d be doing well to find anything cheaper than that.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gravitas AFC View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gravitas AFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 7:59am

That's the one in Barcelona right? Monitor the situation in the week or two leading up to the game (sign up for ticketing emails etc and regularly check the website) but you can usually pick them up from the official shops a few days beforehand.  Expect to pay around €200 through official means or 300ish from a tout.  
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:54am

Brother was at the one in Barcelona last year he picked up a ticket for €100 half an hour before kick off . Apparently the one in the camp nou has tickets on public sale the week of the game 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Brother was at the one in Barcelona last year he picked up a ticket for €100 half an hour before kick off . Apparently the one in the camp nou has tickets on public sale the week of the game 
Shocked I thought the games in both Bernabeu & Nou Camp would have been closed shops.

Bet they still wouldn't be cheap though even on public sale through the club - a few hundred €, I would have thought?
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 11:13am
I’ve never heard of Classico tickets going on general sale.

As You Were
Three in a row
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 11:46am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

I’ve never heard of Classico tickets going on general sale.

I’ve got to a few Barcelona games the last few years and received emails the week of the game for tickets going on sale from about 120 . Mind most of these are in the gods and on there own when I’ve looked. The el Classico last year was the first without Messi or Ronaldo for donkeys so I’d imagine tourist numbers where down 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:36pm
One thing to watch for Spanish LEague games too is kickoff times aren't announced until about 2/3 weeks out. So Classico could be Sat night or Sunday night
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 88>
  Share Topic