You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Drogba said this on live tv about 15 years ago its not even news.
Er, I rather think the announcement of criminal indictments against the club (also named individuals) is news, no?

But welcome back Terri, hard luck on Weds always a tough draw coming up against a team with less revenue than Everton
Aye. I mean, it's not as if we were up against a giant like the aforementioned Barcelona.

How did Barca get on in the CL, btw? I didn't see their result.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2023 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Er, I rather think the announcement of criminal indictments against the club (also named individuals) is news, no?

But welcome back Terri, hard luck on Weds always a tough draw coming up against a team with less revenue than Everton
Aye. I mean, it's not as if we were up against a giant like the aforementioned Barcelona.

What a trophy for Spurs that is Clap
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2023 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a trophy for Spurs that is Clap
FYI this is the Barcelona thread. HTH.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

It was an odd game. Very few chances for either team. Madrid had all the possession. Torres and Raphinha didnt offer a lot up front so the ball kept coming back at them. Barca really ground out a win based on a brilliant defensive performance and a fortuitous goal. Alonso and Aruajo were superb. Madrid will feel hard done by but they didnt create much. 

Real Madrid 1 0 up in the second leg.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:27pm

This is La Liga.
The cup second leg isn’t until 5th April
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:38pm

This is La Liga.

I see it said it was the second leg on a FB page.

Thanks 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

This is La Liga.

I see it said it was the second leg on a FB page.

Thanks 

No bother my man.

Good time for Barca to equalise 👍
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 8:55pm
I seem to be making a lot of cock ups lately I'm too sober!

Yes the timing of the equaliser is encouraging.

Thanks pal.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:00pm
Franko

ClapClapClap
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:01pm
Champions Clap
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 10:06pm
The Spotify Nou Camp is bouncing.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2023 at 11:58pm
They have the refs in their pocket Thumbs Up

Should be docked points for every season they paid them off 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 6:02am

Champions Clap

Cool
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:17pm

Barcelona charged with corruption over payments to former referees' official

Barcelona have been charged with corruption over payments the club made to Jose Maria Enriquez Negreira, a former vice-president of Spain's referees' committee.

Last month it emerged that Barca have paid Negreira and a company he owns a reported total of 8.4m euros (£7.4m) between 2001 and 2018.

A Barcelona court heard on Friday that Barca, former club officials and Negreira had been indicted for "corruption", "breach of trust" and "false business records".

These lawsuits, brought by the Barcelona public prosecutor's office, target the club, as well as former presidents Josep Maria Bartomeu and Sandro Rosell.

La Liga chief executive Javier Tebas said last month that current president Joan Laporta should resign if he was unable to explain the payments.

Laporta responded by saying he will not give Tebas "what he'd like by stepping down" and the charges come three days after Laporta insisted his club had "never bought referees".

"Let it be clear Barca have never bought referees and Barca have never had the intention of buying referees, absolutely never," he said on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64918604

"Més que un club, una empresa criminal"

Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:19pm

Barcelona charged with corruption over payments to former referees' official

Barcelona have been charged with corruption over payments the club made to Jose Maria Enriquez Negreira, a former vice-president of Spain's referees' committee.

Last month it emerged that Barca have paid Negreira and a company he owns a reported total of 8.4m euros (£7.4m) between 2001 and 2018.

A Barcelona court heard on Friday that Barca, former club officials and Negreira had been indicted for "corruption", "breach of trust" and "false business records".

These lawsuits, brought by the Barcelona public prosecutor's office, target the club, as well as former presidents Josep Maria Bartomeu and Sandro Rosell.

La Liga chief executive Javier Tebas said last month that current president Joan Laporta should resign if he was unable to explain the payments.

Laporta responded by saying he will not give Tebas "what he'd like by stepping down" and the charges come three days after Laporta insisted his club had "never bought referees".

"Let it be clear Barca have never bought referees and Barca have never had the intention of buying referees, absolutely never," he said on Tuesday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64918604

"Més que un club, una empresa criminal"

Don't be listening to them ffs, Terri knows better.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:05pm
Well that's that sorted. We just gave out millions for fun LOLLOL LOL LOL

Father Ted stuff 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:14pm

The Second Captains did a report on this scandal last week. They said that there seemed to be a good possibility  that part of the money being paid out to Negreira was being routed back to Barca directors. So the allegation was that they were simultaneously robbing the club and paying off the refs Shocked

Edited by MC Hammered - 21 Mar 2023 at 10:14pm
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Well that's that sorted. We just gave out millions for fun LOLLOL LOL LOL

Father Ted stuff 

Paid for reports to gain additional refereeing insight which is legal in Spain and something Real Madrid do as well.

The Spanish Treasury found no evidence that Barca made payments to referees or that they benefited from any decisions from the officials chosen to oversee their matches.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 85868788>
  Share Topic