You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 88>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2018 at 10:32pm
I'd say that's a bigger fear for Argentina.
Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:12pm
Beat Valencia 2-1. In classic Barca fashion, they should have scored more and conceded more.

Dembele with a ridiculously stupid tackle to give away a peno with 3 minutes left after just coming on, which Valencia scored from.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:31pm

Iniesta was class in the second half especially. Suarez looks a bit like a spent force. That might be a bit harsh but he's had a really poor season by his standards. 
El Puto Amo
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:53pm
Yeah, only 23 in 28 league games. Clearly, he's past it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 6:04pm
LOL

Fair enough, I'll take that on the chin.

I do stand by my point that he doesn't look as effective at all these days. He was carrying an injury at the start of the season as I remember. Maybe he hasn't fully shaken it off. He is known to play through the pain barrier
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Iniesta was class in the second half especially. Suarez looks a bit like a spent force. That might be a bit harsh but he's had a really poor season by his standards. 

Ye he was brilliant, very unlucky not to score with the left footed volley.

Was watching it on a Bein sports stream and that fella who does the darts was co-commentator. Worst I've ever heard commentating on a game.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 7:37pm

LOL

I do stand by my point that he doesn't look as effective at all these days. He was carrying an injury at the start of the season as I remember. Maybe he hasn't fully shaken it off. He is known to play through the pain barrier

Agree with you regarding Suarez, most of those goals came in 2017 he looks pretty average lately.

Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL

Agree with you regarding Suarez, most of those goals came in 2017 he looks pretty average lately.

Seems like a bit of a drop off but 12 of 23 in 2018. Had a very slow start to the season.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL

Seems like a bit of a drop off but 12 of 23 in 2018. Had a very slow start to the season.

Surprised by that! Only one goal in the Champions League this season shows how much his form has dropped.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 8:24pm

Barca with a very experimental team away to Celta allowing key players to rest with the cup final in mind at the weekend. I think their unbeaten record will be tested here 
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:31pm
2-1 up but down to 10 men with about 15 left.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 9:45pm
A handball equaliser from Aspas. Celta look the more likely to go on and get a winner if there is to be one 
El Puto Amo
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 1:15pm
Last night was the first game in 16 years in which no graduates from La Masia featured.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Last night was the first game in 16 years in which no graduates from La Masia featured.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A certain Lio Messi and also Sergi Roberto both featured. You're on the right track though. Barca had no La Masia grads starting the game. 

El Puto Amo
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:12pm

Yes when they had about 9 players from the Ajax Academy LOL

Edited by Gary McKay - 18 Apr 2018 at 4:13pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 4:51pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A certain Lio Messi and also Sergi Roberto both featured. You're on the right track though. Barca had no La Masia grads starting the game. 

Tabloid reporting there from myself LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2018 at 5:06pm

The point does still stand though. No La Masia grads in the starting XI is pretty poor given the number that typically featured a few years ago. It proves that Barca have chosen to down a different, more Galatico focused, route over the past few years.

Pep will never top the achievements of his what he did with his '09 and '11 sides. His commitment to giving young lads a chance at the highest level was incredible. I'd wonder what sort of careers the likes of Pedro and Busquets would have had without his influence. He was prepared to blood players like Cuenca, Tello and Bojan on big occasions, these are lads who have had relatively modest careers.

I just googled it and look at the number of debuts he gave:

The debutants in the ‘Pep Team’

2008/09: Busquets, Thiago, Xavi Torres, Muniesa, Botía and Abraham

2009/10: Fontàs, Dos Santos, Soriano, Gai Assulin and Bartra

2010/11: Oriol Romeu, Sergi Gómez, Miño, Nolito, Montoya and Sergi Roberto

2011/12: Cuenca, Deulofeu, Rafinha, Tello and Riverola

El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:31pm

Atleti surprisingly lost away to Sociedad tonight leaving Barca 12 points clear with 5 games to play. I think the head to head rule is in play in La Liga so, that being the case, Barca will be officially champs if they win their next game away to Deportivo La Coruna next week. It would be impressive to be crowned league winners with 4 games to spare. 

They have the cup final against Sevilla on Saturday
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 88>
  Share Topic