Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 88>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:01am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Barca were dreadful last night. Listless and pedestrian. Suarez looks like he's lost a yard of pace or, at least, is unfit. Messi had a poor game but there was very little movement around him at all. Madrid always looked like they had another gear in them if they needed to step up the tempo of the game. 

It's amazing the difference a few months makes in terms of outlook. Barca look lost and Madrid appear to be set for a spell of dominance. 

Barca's recruitment over the past few years has been dreadful. I'm not confident that Countinho and Dembele can make all the difference but I hope I'm wrong. 

They really were, I know it's only early days for Valverde but he must already be under massive pressure, decision to play a 3-5-2 backfired massively last night, Real eased off in the 2nd half as they knew game was won if they hadn't it could have been 5/6-0

Seen an article somewhere can't remember shall look for it though stating that with the transfer of Paulinho it shows how La Masia is drying up and that feck all talent is coming through.

Iniesta is on his last legs and is being asked to do more then he should which is sad to see, given how brilliant he was a few years earlier.

Coutinho is being lined up to replace him and Dembele Neymar don't get me wrong both fantastic players but not in same bracket as Iniesta and Neymar.

I think Real have some transfer plans left to do, bringing in someone to replace Morata and give Benzema some competition

Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:04am

Madrid may still bring someone in up front but do they need to? Asensio and Vasquez have stepped up wonderfully well. Don't forget that neither Bale nor Ronaldo played last night
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:17am

Madrid may still bring someone in up front but do they need to? Asensio and Vasquez have stepped up wonderfully well. Don't forget that neither Bale nor Ronaldo played last night

Both are wingers or Attacking Mids I can see them looking to bring someone in now whether it would be big name or not remains to be seen,

interesting point in the El Classico thread in regards to whether they'll cash in on Bale (tbh I can't see that happening)

Vasquez has been linked with a move to Roma too
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Both are wingers or Attacking Mids I can see them looking to bring someone in now whether it would be big name or not remains to be seen,

interesting point in the El Classico thread in regards to whether they'll cash in on Bale (tbh I can't see that happening)

Vasquez has been linked with a move to Roma too

Madrid's central midfield is frightening also with Casemiro, Modric, Kroos, Kovacic and Ceballos to choose from.

I can't see any team getting close to them domestically or in Europe.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:11pm
Madrid need no one. Asensio and Isco are coming on great, there is a few other young players there too. But then again this is Madrid so probably buy Mbappe for no reason.

Barca looked fairly sh*t, but it's a two legged friendly and Madrid got ahead inthe 1st match when Barca couldve drawn the game. 

New manager, testing out new things - and there will be some new players coming in. They'll be grand.

Madrid though are much more settled and rightly so will be huge favourites for the league. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Madrid need no one. Asensio and Isco are coming on great, there is a few other young players there too. But then again this is Madrid so probably buy Mbappe for no reason.

Barca looked fairly sh*t, but it's a two legged friendly and Madrid got ahead inthe 1st match when Barca couldve drawn the game. 

New manager, testing out new things - and there will be some new players coming in. They'll be grand.

Madrid though are much more settled and rightly so will be huge favourites for the league. 

I wouldn't say they need no-one, but all they really need is just a bit of cover, mainly at the back. If Ramos or Varane get injured they only have Nacho as back up I think. Another striker wouldn't hurt either. The options they have in midfield are frightening.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:25pm

According to sky sources they've agreed terms for Coutinho and Dembele
Usual Sky crap. Liverpool wont talk to Barca and Dortmund want too much for Dembele, anything for a story with them
Some people just deserve a slap
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I wouldn't say they need no-one, but all they really need is just a bit of cover, mainly at the back. If Ramos or Varane get injured they only have Nacho as back up I think. Another striker wouldn't hurt either. The options they have in midfield are frightening.

Jesus Vallejo is highly rated and is in Zidane's first team plans after a successful loan spell in the Bundesliga last season, looks very good from what I've seen of him.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

According to sky sources they've agreed terms for Coutinho and Dembele
Usual Sky crap. Liverpool wont talk to Barca and Dortmund want too much for Dembele, anything for a story with them

In fairness to Sky, they were first with the Coutinho transfer request last Friday

http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 7:56pm
Barca 2 0 v Real Betis.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 11:33am
Fairly routine win for Barca. 

Hypothetically, who could Barca switch their attention to if they were to feel that Coutinho is too expensive? 

I'm reading on the Liverpool thread that some posters are suggesting that Draxler or Mahrez could be available at a relatively low cost. I wonder would Barca consider players like these?
El Puto Amo
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:11pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:41pm
Barca seem all over the shop at boardroom level. Rubbish puys recently, letting Neymar go then all the squabbling over monies he's due and suing each other, giving an ultimatum to Liverpool about buying Coutinhio, claiming Couthino was a done deal as well. 

Anyone know why it's going a little pear shaped there 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:44pm
They replaced Neymar with Deulofeu
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

deulofeu is actually quite a good player.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 3:48pm

As bad as losing Neymar, I think fooking up the signing of Asensio is going to hurt them even more. They had a fee of €4.5m agreed to get him to join Barca and the deal broke down as they wanted to pay the fee in instalments. Idiots
El Puto Amo
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 4:02pm
The board are hugely unpopular there, Bartomeu is under serious pressure at the moment. They announced Messi had renewed his contract months ago and still haven't gotten him to sign yet which isn't helping their case
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2017 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

deulofeu is actually quite a good player.

Would you consider him to be close to the standard Neymar is?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3536373839 88>
  Share Topic