You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Barcelona

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 88>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Dembele has not shown up for training in Dortmund today - Think we all know what is going on there.

L'Equipe saying its done deal. Don't think they'll go back for Coutinho now
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I read that Dembele would cost 135million, he scored 6 goals last year wtf.

No wonder the clubs are so adamant they are not selling they're players, what good is 100m to Liverpool when anyone else is gonna be just as expensive and not as good

For Dembele, it's not just about goal return - I've seen a lot of him and saw him play in person last season. He already has a touch of class about him and in my opinion will go on to be one of the best players in the world. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 3:48pm
He has done nothing in the game, and Mbappe can also be accused of that, they're spending fortunes on potential - that may be weak willed, not as good as thought etc.

So the prices for these young players are f**ked. Neymar, Coutinhio and Lukaku have all played a few seasons and you know what your getting. 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 3:49pm
Dembele got 6 goals last season
100m
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 3:50pm

For Dembele, it's not just about goal return - I've seen a lot of him and saw him play in person last season. He already has a touch of class about him and in my opinion will go on to be one of the best players in the world.
Daresay you're right about his ability (no idea myself), but if you're paying that much money, surely you expect someone who is already one of the best players in the world, not someone who eventually will go on to that level?

Esp when such progress can never be completely guaranteed.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

He has done nothing in the game, and Mbappe can also be accused of that, they're spending fortunes on potential - that may be weak willed, not as good as thought etc.

So the prices for these young players are f**ked. Neymar, Coutinhio and Lukaku have all played a few seasons and you know what your getting. 

Neymar was just purely about PR and merchandising 

But generally for youth it's all about re-sale value, I made an explanation about it when people disputed £30 million for Jordan Pickford. 
Same goes for Ousmane he could be at the same club for a good 7-10 years, that's 10-15 million per season + the goals he scores + the final transfer fee they'll get.

If he can tick all of those boxes then 100 million in 10 years time will seem like deal of the century.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Daresay you're right about his ability (no idea myself), but if you're paying that much money, surely you expect someone who is already one of the best players in the world, not someone who eventually will go on to that level?

Esp when such progress can never be completely guaranteed.

I don't disagree but I think trying to rationalise the transfers fees paid this summer is a waste of time !

Edited by Borussia - 10 Aug 2017 at 3:57pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

... generally for youth it's all about re-sale value, I made an explanation about it when people disputed £30 million for Jordan Pickford. 
Same goes for Ousmane he could be at the same club for a good 7-10 years, that's 10-15 million per season + the goals he scores + the final transfer fee they'll get.

If he can tick all of those boxes then 100 million in 10 years time will seem like deal of the century.
Tend to agree with your point about young players' transfer fees being amortised (correct word?) over a long period, but you also need to take into account that you are also paying their wages over a long period, including for that percentage of young players who don't make the grade (Balotelli anyone?)

And when it comes to re-sale values, that only comes into play if/when they've improved, a risk you have to take if you're a selling club like Everton.

But unless the Neymar* transfer somehow overturns the existing world order, traditionally Barca have never bought players on the basis that they can sell him for a profit at some future date.

Like great/wealthy clubs have always done, when they buy players for big money, those players are invariably at, or approaching, their peak. And after having got the best years of their career from them, the club quickly dispenses with them for whatever they can get, the moment they've reached their sell-by date.

* - I wonder is it possible that Neymar's sale reveals that Barca are now feeling the squeeze financially, in a way that never bothered them before? Maybe the continued growth of the EPL, plus the emergence of China, is taking its toll? Add to which La Masia may not be producing quite the same quality as in previous years, there's still no Pep Mk.II on the horizon, and they've got a big bill ahead of them to redevelop the stadium. Maybe the test will be whether they can still steam roll Liverpool over Coutinho in the way they did over Suarez?

Edited by Territorial - 10 Aug 2017 at 4:27pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 5:47pm
Neymar's sale was a contract buyout.

If they wanted to keep him they'd have to offer bigger contract, more loyalty fees,
more agent fees, more copyright fees. And probably an offer they'll never get in their lifetime so they thought f**k it we'll cope without him
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:50pm

Neymar's sale was a contract buyout.

If they wanted to keep him they'd have to offer bigger contract, more loyalty fees, more agent fees, more copyright fees.
So pay it. They're Barca, after all.

And probably an offer they'll never get in their lifetime so they thought f**k it we'll cope without him
"Cope"?

If you're serious about being the best football team in the world, which Barca have always been, what is the point of having the most money?

You need the best players in the world, so what message does this sale send out to other top players, both at the club or those thinking of joining?

Besides which, Neymar is still only 25, whilst Messi and Suarez have both turned 30.

Edited by Territorial - 10 Aug 2017 at 11:52pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 11:02am
It's possible Neymar was acting the kunt and no-one player is bigger than the club.

As Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto-o, Zlatan etc found out.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 2:26pm

If Barca get Coutinho, will that end their interest in Dembele or vice versa? Or will they be happy to sign both if possible?
El Puto Amo
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 6:51am

Reports saying Barca have bid £118m for Coutinho.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 7:28am
According to sky sources they've agreed terms for Coutinho and Dembele
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:14am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Are Sky really trying to claim that one? The Barca general manager said it on tv last night shur LOL
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:20am

Fookin hell i did not know there was that much money in the punditry buisness
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:23am

Barca were dreadful last night. Listless and pedestrian. Suarez looks like he's lost a yard of pace or, at least, is unfit. Messi had a poor game but there was very little movement around him at all. Madrid always looked like they had another gear in them if they needed to step up the tempo of the game. 

It's amazing the difference a few months makes in terms of outlook. Barca look lost and Madrid appear to be set for a spell of dominance. 

Barca's recruitment over the past few years has been dreadful. I'm not confident that Countinho and Dembele can make all the difference but I hope I'm wrong. 
El Puto Amo
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:49am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Are Sky really trying to claim that one? The Barca general manager said it on tv last night shur LOL

Yep hilarious how they cling on to things saying they got an exclusive.

like Joselu to Newcastle Chronicle had been reporting that for about 3 weeks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 88>
  Share Topic