You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Away Trips for the Next Campaign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:01pm
Gibraltar would be ideal considering their games will be played in the Algarve in Portugal, tiny stadium hot weather and not too far from us travel-wise. Ticks all the boxes for me.
Sponsored Links

JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:01pm
Our lot hoping to do an off the beaten track trip next time so Latvia, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Estonia would all be good for us.

Poland would be hard to refuse though

As a matter of interest do people generally get sorted for tickets to these smaller games due to less travelling?
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by JuanNil JuanNil wrote:

Our lot hoping to do an off the beaten track trip next time so Latvia, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Estonia would all be good for us.

Poland would be hard to refuse though

As a matter of interest do people generally get sorted for tickets to these smaller games due to less travelling?
Yes. Things just always work themselves out in the end! Thumbs Up
@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:18pm
Done Recently

Estonia
Faroes
Sweden
Germany
Poland
England

Cyprus,Malta,Moldova,Iceland,Greece would all tick the box for me
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

I'd like (in no particular order)

Azerbaijan
Moldova
Belarus
Bosnia
Iceland
Goodness Paulie I would find it hard to disagree with all of them , I would throw in Israel and Greece also Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:17pm
I hate to burst yer bubble lads but Sarajevo is no place to go on the lash. It has a brewery with a big beer hall but that is about it. Like Pristina the locals prefer to drink coffee and stroll along the streets than booze into the late hours. Whilst a beautiful city to visit for a weekend with the mrs it is no place for the boys in green.

Plus Bosnia play somewhere that is 40 odd miles away.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:29pm
First seeds
Football wise: Bosnia/Greece
Trip wise: Bosnia

Third seeds
Football wise: Slovakia
Trip wise: Slovenia/Israel

Fourth seeds
Football wise: Estonia
Trip wise: Iceland

Fifth seeds
Football wise: Georgia
Trip wise: Would love to go up to Belfast but any of the trips here look deadly!

Sixth seeds
Football wise: San Marino
Trip wise: Liechtenstein
NewrycityonTour View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewrycityonTour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:40pm
Malta or Cyprus for me in September or November.  I would love to go to Croatia aswell.
Oh angry nordies, we used to be British but were O'Irish now.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:46pm
Macedonia again please
Malta
Holland
Croatia
Turkey

Macedonia/Croatia September double header, Malta in June.
flow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

Malta or Cyprus for me in September or November.  I would love to go to Croatia aswell.

Ah suker still haunts me from my first away game!! 5th min of injury time altho wud love to go to croatia!
Steve Amsterdam View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I love buses

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:10pm
Albania is one I forgot earlier too
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:27pm
Just for travel purposes;

Portugal
Slovenia
Iceland
Belarus
Liechtenstein

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:28pm
For the best chance of winning the group and savage trips
Bosnia
Rep of Ireland
Slovenia
Armenia
Cyprus
Girbraltar
I know nothing :-)
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:36pm
Wales
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wales

If we played a home game in Galway and Oriel it might suit yourself on yer annual pilgrimages

Edited by 9fingers - 16 Oct 2013 at 9:44pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by Conor Messi Conor Messi wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

would like to go to macedonia again, really enjoyed skopje.

Maybe a double header with the Bosians.
+1
I thought Skopje was right good craic. Wouldn't mind going there again.
I'd love to go to Yerevan again as well.

Not so sure about Israel though. I've never been and anyone I've spoken to that was there before says it was great. But it just seems like the sort of place where I (or one of the disasters I travel with!) could easily offend people without trying at all!

Getting the North would be grand for the guaranteed 6 points.

was chatting to thebronze last night and said i wouldnt fancy going as id be fairly sure when i was drunk i'd go very anti-israeli govt and that wouldnt end up too good, wouldnt fancy contirbuting in any way shape or form to their govt either, would be a very hard decision about going to that one.

Anyway as said last time we'd this thread would love portugal and lithuania and a rake of places have never been but would happily go back to budapest and torshavn, wouldnt be hurrying back to anywhere else have been for footballing and other reason.
HateHenry View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Crap at lists & YBIG KK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HateHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 10:09pm
Cyprus.....BeerCool and Portugal..One in March other in Sept , 2x1 week sun hols and drink sessions..unbeatable..!
Polska Bialo Czerwoni
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2013 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Wales

If we played a home game in Galway and Oriel it might suit yourself on yer annual pilgrimages
Spot on my son
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic