You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva Stadium.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aviva Stadium.
    Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 12:14pm
Or Lansdowne as it always will be to me, doesn't seem to have it's own thread so here goes...

For any thoughts/feedback.

Know that one stand is a pox to get into and you may, literally, have to go round the houses to get in...

Thanks also for reply in Germany thread but besides the Google Earth option, does anyone know what the 'restricted' view is from Block 529?

Integrate, Integrate!
Sponsored Links

ballymacB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballymacB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2012 at 2:05pm
Restricted view is a bar in your eyeline, it will affect you if your watching the birds, not watching the match
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:41pm
Quick question lads.

What was the capacity of Lansdowne Road for matches?

All seater and mixed too.

Cheers
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 4:45pm
51,700 for matches, not sure for concerts
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Quick question lads.

What was the capacity of Lansdowne Road for matches?

All seater and mixed too.

Cheers

36k all seated and 48k mixed

Edited by valo88 - 10 Mar 2015 at 5:07pm
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:09pm
Really have grown to dislike it. Its a fine stadium but the North terrace looks like they ran out of money or it was designed badly and lets the place down big time.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:11pm
Miss the old Landsdowne. Every time I have been in the new one, I expect the script to arrive on the pitch
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:18pm
I love the translucence and curves of the outside.  Clean, clear sight lines of the inner.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:22pm
Sorry lads I meant the old lansdowne.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Looks great from the outside but has no character inside. Was in the North Stand directly behind the posts for the rugy game against England(first time sitting there) and it would definately make a better SS.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:25pm
Stunning stadium when viewed at night from Londonbridge Road. But as stated before, the north stand is shocking. Have a friend from London whom I have brought to both Croker and Lansdowne for games, he asked me "why do the Irish build stadiums with only three sides" ??
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Sorry lads I meant the old lansdowne.

valo88 is correct with the capacities,  I remember 33K capacity as temporary 'bucket seats' were installed in WC94 qualifiers.

with terracing FAI capacity was 48,000 but IRFU capacity was higher as they put wooden benches on grass behind goalposts and maybe along touchline 'touchline seats'(?).
www.ucdsupporters.ie
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 8:50pm
The Aviva really is sh*te
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:06pm
Would we have been better building a new stadium on the outskirts of the city?
Personally like the way we are in the city and as far as I know this is the biggest capacity we could have got with the space we had available.

It does look half finished though which is a shame.

hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:20pm
hate it tbh..soulless
Whacha gonna do
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:29pm
Class looking on outside...No love for it in inside.. Bottom tier isn't steep enough. If we had a crowd in it willing to sing and make some sort of atmosphere I wouldn't mind it i'd say
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Class looking on outside...No love for it in inside.. Bottom tier isn't steep enough. If we had a crowd in it willing to sing and make some sort of atmosphere I wouldn't mind it i'd say
Yes its not the greatest , but its only a soulless sh*thole because of the fans who sit in it.
daveyc View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2015 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Yes its not the greatest , but its only a soulless sh*thole because of the fans who sit in it.

The atmosphere is the main issue and that's due mainly to the fans - this hopefully will improve in the nxt few games
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic