You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aviva stadium bars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:18am
Never saw the point of pints at the match.  You queue for ages to get something in plastic and end up missing part of what you came to see.  A few before the game and a few more after does me.  The few rugby internationals I’ve been to feature various knobs ferrying trays of pints and annoying the people who want to watch the game.  

Edited by Ecumenical Matter - 09 Nov 2021 at 9:21am
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 9:31am
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

i see WRU looking to review the Millenium Stadium regulations after various incidents linked to alcohol 

Pitch invader stopped Wales from scoring a try and stewards were bringing him away and passed the front of one the stands and fans were throwing pints at him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BettingOddsUK/status/1457727184953659399

Pitch invader should be called up by Andy Farrell so. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:14am
The only point I see in pints is being able to get one before the game. If it's a 7.45 kickoff, I love to be able to go in at 7pm, beat all the crowds at turnstiles etc, have a pint in the concourse, and then stroll into the seat as the teams are coming out. With pubs there's always someone who thinks they can make it from the 51 to their seat in 15 mns.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The only point I see in pints is being able to get one before the game. If it's a 7.45 kickoff, I love to be able to go in at 7pm, beat all the crowds at turnstiles etc, have a pint in the concourse, and then stroll into the seat as the teams are coming out. With pubs there's always someone who thinks they can make it from the 51 to their seat in 15 mns.

Yeah agree. There have been to times where there have been unexpected delays and then it’s a panic to get in for the anthems.
Rather than trying to have a last pint, get in and get comfortable but still have the option to get one if you want it’s a good option to have.

One benefit of no bar open is that more people will stay at their seat at half time and be there for John Giles presentation he will get
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:51am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Yeah agree. There have been to times where there have been unexpected delays and then it’s a panic to get in for the anthems.
Rather than trying to have a last pint, get in and get comfortable but still have the option to get one if you want it’s a good option to have.

One benefit of no bar open is that more people will stay at their seat at half time and be there for John Giles presentation he will get

What annoys me is them arriving late during the anthem and not having the respect to wait until its over before looking to get past to get to their seat... Tbh same folk are usually the same ones to leave early if the result is going our way 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 10:59am
Its the Jack Charlton Stadium as far as I'm concerned.  Pints at a match is pointless. You'd need a piss every 15 mins.   Food and drink during the game not for me.   Eat and drink before and after the game.  at the game I want to be concentrating on the action.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Its the Jack Charlton Stadium as far as I'm concerned.  Pints at a match is pointless. You'd need a piss every 15 mins.   Food and drink during the game not for me.   Eat and drink before and after the game.  at the game I want to be concentrating on the action.
Can you really not hold your piss for 45 mns LOL
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Can you really not hold your piss for 45 mns LOL
Wait until you hit 60 Shed Embarrassed
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:08pm
Imo best to get a few pre match pints in a few places away from the stadium area. Going to try O Donoghues or Nesbitts, you won't feel the 20/30 min walk to the stadium esp with the crowd 

Trying to get into a pub in Ballsbridge match day is a nightmare unless you're in pretty early 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:21pm
Any pre-match meet up beforehand? After getting sorted with a ticket myself so will be heading up on my own.
eimid View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eimid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:24pm
Where would be best for a few pints for an hour or two before the game lads? Usually head to the Ballsbridge Hotel, but have just seen it's not reopened. Anywhere in particular you wouldn't need to book, even if it means drinking outside? Cheers. 
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

Forget about the pints, I demand to know when they will be serving chips again!!

Not sure why COVID prevents the selling of overpriced non potato chips.....

They don't do beef burgers anymore either, but have vegan ones
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Healy52003 Healy52003 wrote:

Imo best to get a few pre match pints in a few places away from the stadium area. Going to try O Donoghues or Nesbitts, you won't feel the 20/30 min walk to the stadium esp with the crowd 

Trying to get into a pub in Ballsbridge match day is a nightmare unless you're in pretty early 

same as that, I always have a few closer to town and then start walking in with plenty of time to get there for the anthems. Never been fussed on trying to get in to any of the boozers closer to the ground, can't imagine what it'll be like now with restrictions and limited numbers. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
With covid it's been tough to get pints around the stadium without long queues. With double the number it will be even harder. 

Usually it's plastic pints too for places like sandymount hotel outdoor

Edited by t_rAndy - 09 Nov 2021 at 3:58pm
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:15pm
Starting to get a bit of a buzz now 

My first game in the Aviva since the Swuss game in September 2019 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:17pm
Gasworks is our usual hunt, never had any issue with it and right beside the ground. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:42pm
Irishtown house is a good spot especially if the weather is good
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

What annoys me is them arriving late during the anthem and not having the respect to wait until its over before looking to get past to get to their seat... Tbh same folk are usually the same ones to leave early if the result is going our way 
Oh give over 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic