You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attending Poland matches at Euros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You like football  and you enjoy going to the games, you dont have to justify it to anybody.  Each to their own and all that.  
Its good to talk things through or this forum would be pointless,i merely pointed out that i thought it was crazy to spend 300e on a game like that
But one mans whiskey n all that jazzThumbs UpBut if ye have the loot then why not
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:30pm

gspain must have some serious loot. Me missus nearly had me out the door for paying 370 to go to the 3 Ireland games!

Am i right in saying you bring the family as well gspain?
bann the tolls View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bann the tolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:04pm
Going to the Poland v Russia match thought it would be a good match to take in when I saw them on portal. 
Peter J. Russellroff View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter J. Russellroff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:15pm
Looking to head to any of the games in Warsaw. No luck on the portal
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

gspain must have some serious loot. Me missus nearly had me out the door for paying 370 to go to the 3 Ireland games!

PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

LOL   put the foot down.we should never have given them the vote
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
tony grealish View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony grealish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOL   put the foot down.we should never have given them the vote

Jaysus lads, that kind of information is to be given out on a 'need to know' basis only - you young lads have a lot to learn!Big smile
''I've had a rough night and I hate the f**kin eagles, man!!''
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 7:19am

You like football  and you enjoy going to the games, you dont have to justify it to anybody.  Each to their own and all that.  
I do remember talking to Hornet about this one and he said that he was working out how much he had spent on watching Ireland and then stopped half way through , I think the final figure would have sent him over the edge really .
I would say I have spend tens of thousands of of £ , $, € watching football hey worth every penny and remember you can't take it with you . LOL
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 8:40am

don't mind but I don't have serious dosh (unfortunately) although I do work hard although afraid to think what percentage of my income goes on football.

Haven't added up how much it will cost but doing quite a few things on the cheap.  Mainly staying in Lodz and hotels are averaging at less than 100 euro per night for 4 people.  I booked Lodz before the draw with free cancellation as it is central and has things like a zoo and waterpark for the kids.   Torun or Bydgoszcz are better for our group alone. 

Flights were 1100 with KLM into Warsaw. Rental car was 400.

We have a wider group of 13+ staying in Lodz although some may not make any games. 

Tickets for the non Irish games are a big expense.  I'm mostly going to games on my own or only paying for 1 ticket.  

I haven't really worked out things like food etc but expect that to be reasonable.

It will be a very expensive trip though.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 9:55am
Will you be wearing the shorts you wore at euro 88. That might get you a bit of cash :)
AKA pedantic kunt
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:16am

Will you be wearing the shorts you wore at euro 88. That might get you a bit of cash :)

Nah they shrunk too much in the wardrobe. Big smile
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 11:34am
Was doing a bit of tidying recently and came across my old Britbusters T-shirt. For some unknown reason it doesnt fit.

Also found a newspaper photo from '88, myself and a gang of lads having a few afternoon scoops. Think the photo was taken in Hameln. 
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 3:03pm
i will be watching all the other games in the fanzones , no real interest in going to the games if ireland are not in them, will cheer for poland for sure.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
mitch1988 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitch1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2012 at 10:33pm
hi lads we are based in lodz waiting on extra match day  train and bus info  to poznan or is anyone has something organised maybe space for 2 extra ....
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2012 at 7:48am

300e to see Poland v Greece,are you f**king mad?

Hear hear

and I thought the CAT1 Tickets for the Ireland games were a rip off  -  €142 a ticket!!

frazman007 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frazman007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2012 at 1:23pm
am i right in saying that a few others have now got poland tickets off the resale portal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic