You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Attending Poland matches at Euros

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frazman007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Attending Poland matches at Euros
    Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 9:56am
I am trying to see if many Irish fans are planning to attend Poland matches (vs Greece/Russia/Czech) in Warsaw/Wroclaw on the days between our own group games.

Am considering going to the game Vs Czech in Wroclaw on the Saturday between our Spain and Italy matches.
Sponsored Links

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 1:09pm
Will try and get to the host city at the very least and if lucky pick up a ticket on the day. I'm also going to go to the 1/4s held in Poland but cannot go to the 1/4s held in Ukraine (even if Ireland qualify) because I have to be back in work on Monday morning.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 1:19pm
I'd say it will be very hard to get PolandvCzech tickets
The 2 countries with biggest support
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
frazman007 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frazman007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 1:31pm
That's what I would have said, but I managed to bag some tickets on the portal for the czech/poland game and am trying to figure out if it's something others considered . . .would think it would be good craic with the hosts well up for it and a big travelling support, even if the match standard may not be A+
Terry Phelan View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Phelan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

I'd say it will be very hard to get PolandvCzech tickets
The 2 countries with biggest support
There was CAT 1 tickets on the portal for this game for some time yesterday, hadn't seen them on it brefore so doubtful they'll be up again

Edited by Terry Phelan - 26 Mar 2012 at 2:05pm
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:05pm

I'm going to Poland v Greece.  Bought a ticket on the portal for almost 300 euro incl fees.  Flying into Warsaw anyway.

Would love to see the other 2 Polish games but going to the other 2 Greek games instead as tickets were easier to source. 

If you want to see other games it will be much easier to source tickets for the non Polish games. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:07pm
300e to see Poland v Greece,are you f**king mad?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
EastTerracer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastTerracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:29pm
I got tickets on the portal for Poland-Greece and Poland-Russia. They will provide an interesting diversion between Poznan and Gdansk.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 2:42pm
Poland-Russia.

Might wanna have your wits about you for that one.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:25pm

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Poland-Russia.

Might wanna have your wits about you for that one.

i was actually talking to a polish fella whos mad into football and asked him is that a big rival game poland vs russia.funnily enough he said no,its just the hooligans will try and cause trouble and apparently they dont tend to target ordinary football fans just opposing hooligans so anyone going should be safe enough but people in general consider the german-polish games the big one and the russia poland game for him isnt that big of a deal which surprised me.

il be up for poland as it ll add to the atmosphere if they re doing well  
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 5:25pm
Poland vs Russia is a huge game for most Polish people but Germany is bigger, they would dearly love to beat them both.
The right wing politicians will no doubt be spouting sh*te about it and it is some of their dubious groups who might make trouble, embarrassing the country. They have a habit of inciting this kind of trouble.

The hooligans would normally love to fight each other but I have heard most hooligans groups are officially neutral for the Euros and wont cause problems - nothing organised anyway and they are well organised. If they wanted a fight I doubt the police could stop them, they would do in a forest somewhere.

As an FYI Polish ultras are affiliated to some of the Russian hooligans, for example Lech Poznan's ultras have an alleged relationship with Spartak Moscow and Lech's biggest rivals Legia Warsaw are affiliated with CSKA.

Plus the ultras have drifted away from the national team, the PZPN (FA), the media and the government are openly at war with the Ultras, fans are treated like dogs here.
Two year ban and a substantial fine just for cursing at a football match, or making any complaints about the Euro preparations etc

In general the people who suppor the national team don't bother supporting local Polish clubs, they would more support English clubs or El Classico.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 6:51pm
Not Poland games, but four of us got cat 3 tickets for Czech Republic v Greece in Wroclaw..... now, hopefully we are in the Czech end rather than the potentially empty Greek one.... although admittedly I'm sure the Czechs would have snaffled any Greek returns.

I reckon the Czechs will be better supported than us. All their games are in Wroclaw, which is less than 100km from the Czech Republic (basically the same as us playing a tournament with all our games in Ballymena.... we'd make the effort!).
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:30pm

I know I don't bother asking myself that question any longer.  Big smile
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

I know it's the opening match and that's the reason for the premium, but really? I would never pay that much for an opening match.

2 hours of (admittedly well choreographed) sequined types poncing about to someones utterly random idea of national identity set to flashing lights and pumping electronica, when really all 40,000 of the 50,000 people in the stadium really want to see is some football..... Not my cup of tea.

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I know it's the opening match and that's the reason for the premium, but really? I would never pay that much for an opening match.

2 hours of (admittedly well choreographed) sequined types poncing about to someones utterly random idea of national identity set to flashing lights and pumping electronica, when really all 40,000 of the 50,000 people in the stadium really want to see is some football..... Not my cup of tea.

Not too pushed re the opening ceremony lark either.  However I do want to go to a game each day there is one in Poland.  I fly into Warsaw and justified it as a chance to see the hosts and also that it would cost a fair bit to get to Wroclaw anyway not to mention the hassle. 

Still crazy money.   
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:34pm
You like football  and you enjoy going to the games, you dont have to justify it to anybody.  Each to their own and all that.  
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2012 at 8:43pm

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Not too pushed re the opening ceremony lark either.  However I do want to go to a game each day there is one in Poland.  I fly into Warsaw and justified it as a chance to see the hosts and also that it would cost a fair bit to get to Wroclaw anyway not to mention the hassle. 

Still crazy money.   
your obviously a good man for travelling to football matches.do ya mind me asking gspain what the euros is setting you back  flights,tickets,travel,accomodation not incl food and drink. only answer if ya want to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic